FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Camping as sniper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need the flame thrower as a weapon option...

[LMC]Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, I will try again. I had 3 paragraps typed and did a typo and lost the whole thing.

First, let me thank everyone for your responses to my post. I wasn't sure how long the plug-in had been in effect but it hadn't been that long since I was in V5 and I had not seen the problem before. I never supected I was killed by a live adminstrator but rather by an automated program. It does seem to me that whoever activated it did not think through the consequences it would have for classes like sniper and machine-gunner. Perhaps it will be removed if enough people comment on it unfavorably. I don't know if any admins. have read these posts or not.

Some of you do know me in fact from being in the game with me and you may have noticed my son also. He is [LMC]Wraith and has been in V5 and also V3 with me a few times lately. He is a very good player and usually scores very high. He taxes me to keep up with him. :oops:

Incidentally, speaking of camping in general and spawn camping in particular, has it dawned on everyone that if someone on the Axis team in Charlie shoots an Allied player on the beach it is spawn camping? I say that in fun of course because it is part and parcel of the map and I am not complaining. :P

Hmmm, add a flame-thrower class? Don't forget the marshmallows.

[LMC]Hunter
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that this plugin should be removed, but I'm not sure why any admins seem to know anything about it.

On charlie, Axis can shoot onto the beach as the map was intended, but it is considered spawn camping when someone on Allies waits by the Axis spawn exits.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rohan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on charlie the axis spawn camping is necessary because if the axis doesn't shot the allies on the beach, there gonna shot the axis...every time the allies spawn u know u have to run behind crap because ur gonna b shot at...but the axis on the other hand....when they come out of there spawn should not b in any immediate danger...well...they shouldn't b getting shat as soon as they open the door to leave spawn....or appear at the right bunker
[LMC]Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Camping as sniper Reply with quote

Hey all,

I had not been in Ville V for awhile since I had pressing family matters and also eye surgery but I found the camping warning is now gone when I did get back in the server. That is a good thing as far as I am concerned. Now if someone would please repair the map vote so it works it would be very nice. :P The 5 now in rotation get a bit old after awhile.

It is good playing with all you kids. Oh yes, you may have noticed [LMC]Wraith playing also. He is my son so please treat him nice. :)

[LMC]Hunter
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: