FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
time to panic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha my post has gotten out of control defentily ,,i never said "people dont talk on ur mic" i said the other night all i seen typed was basically the same thing over and over again for the whole map
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shuya wrote:
ha my post has gotten out of control defentily ,,i never said "people dont talk on ur mic" i said the other night all i seen typed was basically the same thing over and over again for the whole map

That's exactly how I remember it being beforehand as well....how many times does 1 person have to do the voicechat spam for "hold this position" or whatever? It's always that way...this is no different, IMHO, and people don't get kicked/talked about/etc... for one...so why for the other?

And yeah...I think you're original post got blown out of proportion a bit...but it's just as well because this is apparently how people really think about it.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolluX wrote:
.how many times does 1 person have to do the voicechat spam for "hold this position" or whatever? It's always that way...this is no different, IMHO, and people don't get kicked/talked about/etc... for one...so why for the other?

Many people have been kick and banned for spamming that too.

PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
PolluX wrote:
.how many times does 1 person have to do the voicechat spam for "hold this position" or whatever? It's always that way...this is no different, IMHO, and people don't get kicked/talked about/etc... for one...so why for the other?

Many people have been kick and banned for spamming that too.

Then it's one of those freak things that's never happened when I've been playing...which is my only frame of reference and that's basically where everything I've said comes from...when I've been on I've never once seen that happen.

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think I'm being attacked in this thread. What has become of this place when you can have an entire thread devoted to publicly ridiculing a long time regular and supporter? I used to believe that rule #1 was to respect your fellow players. Where is the respect?

I don't do anything with the intent to cause trouble. In fact, I do as much as I can for the betterment of the community.

I don't blame you for any of this, shuya. Shuya seems to be the only one who has handled this problem approprately. He stated his complaint without mentioning names, then suddenly the thread became all about how Stevo is annoying. I honestly find that immature.

Thank you pollux for posting your opinion. Now I don't feel all alone on this island surrounded by an ocean of hatred.

It is times lilke this that make me wonder why I am still supporting this place. TheVille is not what it used to be...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollux trust me people get kicked and banned all the time for various issues.
I’ve had to kick good friends for spamming or overuse of the mic. Ask Tomato or ask Gordo and mal.
If people kept things to a minimum it would be no big deal, the problem is overload of the useless crap.
We want everyone to have fun and I want to have fun too. It is very hard for an admin to do his job and play with all the useless chat on his screen or overuse of the mic. It’s a simple concept to me. If someone on the sever is getting annoyed by it then it needs to stop. Some people are more serious and play the game that way. Some people play the game for the social environment. We need respect both sides

PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
Pollux trust me people get kicked and banned all the time for various issues.
I’ve had to kick good friends for spamming or overuse of the mic. Ask Tomato or ask Gordo and mal.
If people kept things to a minimum it would be no big deal, the problem is overload of the useless crap.
We want everyone to have fun and I want to have fun too. It is very hard for an admin to do his job and play with all the useless chat on his screen or overuse of the mic. It’s a simple concept to me. If someone on the sever is getting annoyed by it then it needs to stop. Some people are more serious and play the game that way. Some people play the game for the social environment. We need respect both sides

I understand...and I'm not trying to call you out on it or anything of the sort....I've just honestly never seen it happen over that particular issue.

I just feel like I've seen things slipping lately and this particular thing being an issue at all just baffles me...I understand both sides of it, but I feel like one is going away at the cost of another....and either side going away is NOT a good thing at all. This place is still a great server to play on and heaven knows I wish there more I could do to help out, heaven knows I'd do whatever I can...

I've been an admin before so I do know the delicate balance one must maintain amidst the chaos of the players so I know exactly how it feels to try to maintain order while trying to having some semblance of fun yourself. The admins here do a great job...but I think Stevo got it right when he said it feels like this has become a pick on Stevo thread...when he's really only technically broken a rule, not violated the spirit of it.

I guess it's just a matter of tolerance levels....I'll take fun over serious any day of the week, I have enough serious in my life with work, wife, mortgage, etc....

I shall do my best to make sure I take better account of making sure I don't go overboard myself.

crazyhorse(AKA triclops)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: noise Reply with quote

It's great to have fun playing the game, that's what it's about, but when the spaming out of hand where it bothers others then it quits being fun. Source rules #Beer #Beer #Beer
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.3 is slipping a little and things are getting old. People are doing their best to have fun and I understand that, but there is a limit. I’m just asking that we don’t go from fun to annoying.

D.B.Cooper
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have smores.

SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww..I love smores ..will you share?

-GaNjA(Proud Owner or Rohans Soul)

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Tiju

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously this is gettin rediculous...theres no reason why a person on the ville should feel hatred towars him/her...

guys and girls the ville, from what ive seen, is based on friendship...we all love dod and love each others company while playin dod...

ok maybe the panicking thing got a little overboard but theres no excuse for goin on a headhunt here...

stevo is a great guy and he makes the game much more interesting and once again theres no reason for him to think that he's being hated on.

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Pink boots
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YOU STEVO!! <3
loka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo is great to play with along with many of the others including Frosty, oXo, pink, etc.

Seriously though some people wonder when they join the server people leave. Check the attitude upon connecting.

Oh and the server I find has been growing and its hard to connect at times. Also it's SUMMER TIME people don't play much in the summer.

If the spamming of "panic" gets annoying the mute button works wonders. However I haven't seen it become a problem of spam. Many people have their opinion of spamming and spamming text is getting the same text every millisecond.

SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every millisecond, is that possible?

Hatred is a very strong word. I do not see any hatred being given here. I see some people speaking their minds on a subject that needed to be discussed. "Discussed" being the key word. This thread has flared out of hand. we should all be able to express our views on a subject. Our servers and forums shouldn't have attacks against fellow villuns at all. I don't see that this thread should be a direct attack on stevo as many were helping the whole dont panic thing become spam. Yes we all know stevo's personality is a creative one when it comes to the mic and text, therefore he is in the spotlight. Sure sometimes this spam can be annoying, but hey we are all here for fun, and when it becomes out of hand we have our forums to discuss it.

-GaNjA(Proud Owner of Rohans Soul)

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: