FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HL2 crashes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: HL2 crashes Reply with quote

K - trying to get into The Ville Servers and hl2 crashes just when the pages into Ville comes up.

Only started to happen today AFTER I installed the mouse patch (reg fix) in previous post (which ofcourse I can't remember where it is now) - am sure Stevo will find it for me

Can get into other servers (eg bleedin tomatoes) (but don't want 2 at this time) - updated directx etc but no good.

Had to do restore back 2 days (well earliest before I installed patch) and all works fine

Problem is now that I got in the %^&*$ server was empty - aghhhhhh
It may not be related and just a coincidence (if there are any of them) but will not reinstall patch incase - if it happens again I will withdraw all this rambling and go crawl into a corner and cry....

But just thought I would mention it for info

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

Try updating your video drivers. but..that doesnt explain why only the ville servers. I dunno man. If you dont play alot of 1.3 DOD, I wouldnt worry about the mouse fix, its only for the hl1 engine.

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem two days ago.
It would load DoD:S, go through the motions of loading and sending client info, get to the welcome page......then the sound looped, and crash back to the desktop with the dump dialog box telling me HL2 crashed because of datacache.dll etc.... It kept doing it...

When I went to other servers, no problems at all...just TV1.

So I upgraded DirectX, upgraded my nVidia drivers but that didn't fix the problem...besides it worked on other servers.

Then suddenly, I got in and it's been working since.

I hate computers...

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mUj0 wrote:
Hmm...

Try updating your video drivers. but..that doesnt explain why only the ville servers. I dunno man. If you dont play alot of 1.3 DOD, I wouldnt worry about the mouse fix, its only for the hl1 engine.

Didn't think much of the mouse fix anyway - got way tooo used to the way I have it normally so wont bother with it

Thanks

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
ArtesMagae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Problem Reply with quote

This used to happen to me so much that at times I couldn't play. Three and four times in a row I would crash. I think recently the Support section of www.steampowered.com has offered a couple suggestions to this type of problem.

As for me, I updated everything I could and it worked fine for a month or two but now has recently started again. However, rather than crash, it just minimizes and will maximize again just fine.

Good luck!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it has anything to do with the new intros they added.

Here's that post you said I'd find: http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=281283#281283

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: GAME CRASHES TO DESKTOP WHEN JOINING TV1? Reply with quote

I've tried different machines and different servers....
Not sure what is going on....

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: