FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
prodod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
all-star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks shuya for providing me with a webpage that doesn't at all answer my question

i read that article before, doens't have a change log

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Prodod

that has a change log that im questioning

and i can't play prodod now cause im at work
ArtesMagae

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Nades Reply with quote

People don't like the nade effects? I mean, I know they make playing the game harder but I found them amazing. I don't know how many times I am trying to snipe someone when at the last second an explosion goes off beside me that rocks my entire world.

Some times I get away in my confusion, others I don't.

I have heard a few people complain out the effects of explosions recently. I was just wondering if I am the only one who enjoys it!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it adds a nice element to the game. Sometimes I panic when it happens, other times I just run around confused.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that if a nade did go off somewhere close to you, you'd be lucky to just get away with being disoriented. No eardrums would be more likely...so a little wobbly screen time for a few seconds is just fine with me

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the nade efects. Prodod is so pretentious in it's whole concept, and attitude.

THe hAXis of evil
shuya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its out has anyone played it>? i did ,,only for 2 mins ythogh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard wrote:
Mister X wrote:

...does it not register that click 70% of the time? I'm guessing no....

You obviously don't play, because hit reg is fixed since this last big update, and now we are in process of a prodod advocate starting another flame war, because they can't take any other opinion besides there own on source. There is a need among them to bash source at every chance they get just like I stated in an earlier post in this thread. So let the flame war begin this is my last post in this thread we all eagerly await your next shot on source.

You assumed things that had never been said. You openly stereotyped and attacked someone, as well as a group of people. Your post contained nothing but hostility. You boast your opinion and bash others' when they state them. You are a hypocrite. Please think more thoroughly before posting again.

With that said, I absolutely abhor source. I have played it sufficiently since release to get a good feel of the game. Though several aspects of the game are more fun and challenging, I have issues with several others. Since most of them are simple pet peeves, I'll only go into detail with the one that is the reason I don't play source any more.

Accuracy. This is the big one. The decreased accuracy of all the guns in source does not make it any more challenging than before. I do not find that it requires more skill or forethought to kill anyone in source. It's just an annoyance. I have, on multiple occasions, been perpendicular to a stationary enemy at a distance proportional to about ten feet, crouched, remained still, leveled my crosshair to the middle of their body, fired, and missed. I have managed the same stunt, again, multiple times, with a scope. Sure, dod is supposed to be realistic. Sure, I may be a fresh, untrained recruit. It may be, in all reality, quite possible that I would miss that shot. But in such a realistic case, I would be the only one to blame for that, because I have total control over the gun. A game does not present me such a personal situation. There are certain parameters that dictate the number of things I can personally do to ensure a hit. There should be no reason why I would miss that shot in a game.

I have emptied entire magazines at people while I am prone, and watched my bullets dance around their bodies. I have personally dodged entire magazines from people who get the jump on me, and killed them with a single pistol shot, all while thinking to myself, "What the hell, I should be dead."

I shouldn't ever miss a person at point blank range. If I swing my shovel or knife at your back from a foot away, I'm going to hit you. I'm not going to miss 7 or 8 times first.

I find it hilarious that I do better with the rocket launchers than I do actual guns. Some games I've even managed a 3:1 death ratio. The sole reason for it is that I can control where the rocket's going to go. I know when I can hit someone, and when I can't. The same doesn't hold true for the guns.

I should never have to compensate for a game's inability to provide predictable weapon accuracy. In 1.3, I can predict that I'll miss a non-stationary target that's far away while I am moving and carrying a tommy gun. In 1.3, I can predict that I'll kill a guy right next to me who's looking the other way. In source, I can't predict either of those. And it has nothing to do with skill.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
all-star methinks you talketh crap.

Source is a different game - so many people were disappointed with it not because it's a bad game by itself but because it wasn't 1.3. Some hardly gave it a chance before running back to 1.3 claiming source was crap (I'm not saying this is the case with you but it is the case with some people)

The cone of fire is just fine and dandy as far as I'm concerned, I have little problem hitting people with most weapons (cept the sniper, but I sucked with that in 1.3 too). The garand and kar98 were both at disadvantages against automatic weapons before the update and frankly they still are, nothing changes there. The garand was never a one hit killer, even in 1.3, but it certainly didn't miss 7 times in 8 before the update. I'm not saying I don't think it hasn't been improved with the faster fire rate but it wasn't a horrible weapon in the first place.

Perhaps the cone of fire in 1.3 was too generous, did that ever occur to you?

Regardless, comparing the 2 cof's is meaningless. Both are virtual representations of guns firing, you can't claim that just because 1.3 had (seemingly) more accurate guns that source is somehow inferior because of this. Definitely can't claim one is more realistic than the other without having fired the guns in question.

Even then you still can't call one more realistic because you firing, and the soldiers firing, those guns only tells you how accurate *you* can hit with them, which tells you nothing of the next guy's abilities. Sure with training you'll get better but there's always going to be differences from one shooter to the next.
I feel that source more accurately portrays the potential accuracy of a soldier in battle, especially a draftee. They weren't one shot kill robots who were 100% accurate every time and nor should I, or you, be able to be in game. I like the close calls and I like not being able to kill everyone I meet in game.
These elements make the game better, not worse, than 1.3.

Of course that's just my opinion.

I will refer to this post. It is pointless to argue with source haters. Vehement hatred however unjustified is unchangable. A lot has changed since the last update. I have been suprised with my time at the ville that so many 1.3ers are so hostile towards source. Go visit the DOD:S forums, and see how the prodod community treats people.

THe hAXis of evil
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I think it adds a nice element to the game. Sometimes I panic when it happens, other times I just run around confused.

Don't panic

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister X wrote:
There is no sprint strafing. Sprint jumping is impossible
This comment has me a little confused. Are you saying you can shoot while sprinting in 1.3?

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Accuracy. This is the big one. The decreased accuracy of all the guns in source does not make it any more challenging than before. I do not find that it requires more skill or forethought to kill anyone in source. It's just an annoyance. I have, on multiple occasions, been perpendicular to a stationary enemy at a distance proportional to about ten feet, crouched, remained still, leveled my crosshair to the middle of their body, fired, and missed. I have managed the same stunt, again, multiple times, with a scope.

I don't know if you have played recently, but they did improve the accuracy of the weapons. The weapons seem a lot more predictable now than they did when Source first came out. So maybe if you haven't played since the last update, you can give it another try...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
Mister X wrote:
There is no sprint strafing. Sprint jumping is impossible
This comment has me a little confused. Are you saying you can shoot while sprinting in 1.3?

He's just saying that you can't sprint sideways or jump while sprinting. I don't know if that's true, though, since I haven't really tried it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will refer to this post. It is pointless to argue with source haters. Vehement hatred however unjustified is unchangable. A lot has changed since the last update. I have been suprised with my time at the ville that so many 1.3ers are so hostile towards source. Go visit the DOD:S forums, and see how the prodod community treats people

Yet again, you have proven yourself to be a hypocrite who is blinded by their own opinion. I'm sorry if you've had poor relations with source-haters in the past, but as you've not offered any kind of formal arguement against any source-hater in this thread (or, for all I know, on this board) you've no right to say that it is pointless to argue with anyone.

No one has shown vehement hatred. They've only stated an opinion that they stand firmly behind, much like yourself. You, however, are the one at fault for denouncing their opinion without giving it a passing glance and then crying foul in turn. I may also go ahead and mention that it's rather immature to indirectly attack anyone who plays 1.3 or dislikes source. Please lose the high-and-mighty attitude, form a rationale arguement, and then come back.

To everyone in general who has mentioned the latest source patch in their arguements, please don't be offended if it doesn't seem like people are listening. I myself last played source about a month ago. All details of my gaming experiences are from that period. People don't often come back to play games they've found they don't enjoy, and, considering Valve's patch history, a new source patch wouldn't bring source-naysayers back. They may have very well finally fixed some of the more blaring problems of source, but you can't blame anyone for imagining valve's keeping to precedent.

In any case, I'll be trying source again to see if the patch is worth anything.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
In any case, I'll be trying source again to see if the patch is worth anything.

Hopefully for u this will prove a good decision - I doubt that the newest patch will resolve all of the issues, but it seems to be resolving some.

Regardless of whether we play dod or it's source equilivant, the object (in my humble opinion) is for us all to have fun with a few mates.

If source isn't for u today we hopefully will c u still on dod (especially on The Ville) but if and or when source becomes somewhere u want to go for a change we will be there killing, and in my case waiting to be killed.

I have great fun playing both games - but that is mainly because of the company and not the GAME.

Play Hard Play Fair and have fun

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t understand the division between some source players and 1.3 players.
I really enjoy both games but I know 1.3 wont be around forever, so I’ve decided to play source a little more. If you played source and don’t like it no big deal won’t hut my feelings. It’s just nice seeing some of the 1.3 regulars trying source.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: