FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ITALY WINS!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
Portugal boooooooooo
Ronaldo should join the Portuguese Olympic diving team...he'd do really well...

now u r trying to piss me off something terrible - OK admittedly he does seem to stumble alot - also admittedly he is on of the best young players around. He is fun to watch (especially when playing for the most talented Mancherster United FC) and was one of the most fouled players during the cup - If he is getting free kicks it is because the ref felt he was fouled - how is that his fault - maybe your remarks should be made toward the ref......???????????

I think it is the Dog House for u

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deutschland uber alles.

Mulder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preacherman wrote:
StrontiumDog wrote:
Portugal boooooooooo
Ronaldo should join the Portuguese Olympic diving team...he'd do really well...

now u r trying to piss me off something terrible - OK admittedly he does seem to stumble alot - also admittedly he is on of the best young players around. He is fun to watch (especially when playing for the most talented Mancherster United FC) and was one of the most fouled players during the cup - If he is getting free kicks it is because the ref felt he was fouled - how is that his fault - maybe your remarks should be made toward the ref......???????????

Yeah he is one of the most talented young players around, but most people do not like the way he plays the game(diving everychance he gets) If you like the guy you are either portugese or a Man U fan.

Gamepro65 wrote:
deutschland uber alles.

In my dream world, it would've been Deutschland over England in the final with goals from Lahm, Klose, Schweinsteiger, Gerrard, and J. Cole.
all-star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its over for italy and france now. everyone is retiring for france, and italy is getting older

the teams to watch for next worldcup will have to be germany. with the average age of around 21-22 i beleive, the next worldcup is gonna be huge for them.

only team that i think can still contest against germany next worldcup will be brasil if ronaldinho decides to make any plays next WC lol, or maybe England if they ever work as a team.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

preacherman wrote:

I will never deny that the teams/players that are prone to diving are not talented - they have some of the best players in the world on them who can create something from nothing.

Unfortunately, when that creativity is put into fouls (or non-fouls), and the game moves from fouls being something that were conceded to something that are won, then it's all gone horribly wrong.
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo I think u hanker back to the good ole days of footie in the 70's and 80's when Football was a mans game. I agree that you would come away from a game feeling satisfied. eg players like Captain Marvel - Brian Robson.

Then came the advertising and money - we all want to win but be have to win with style and flare - this is where the problem started - but it is the type of player we want to see.

BTW - George Best is and was the best football player in the world - and he came from my home town.

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
X.O.Skeleton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for greebo of 60 and 70 Pele magic
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/114643/1001_ways_to_stop_pele/

Not like it is today is it?

"No gut, no glory"
loka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X.O.Skeleton wrote:
This is for greebo of 60 and 70 Pele magic
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/114643/1001_ways_to_stop_pele/

Not like it is today is it?

So you don't think Pele revolutionized the era of yellow cards/red cards for soccer?

I don't like soccer but one of the main reasons for flopping is to get the refs attention. I do not like the fact that there is only one referee on the field. What kind of garbage is that? A field that big needs to refs and forget the idiots on the sideline they make more stupid calls than the ref on the field. I still don't know why instant replay hasn't been adopted. It doesn't need to be the instant replay that football uses, but the one that hockey has.

The only sport that will never have instant replay in the near future is baseball. Games are long as it is. People think human errors make a game more interesting. I find that to be just utter garbage.

WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was cheering for not france (notice the use of the lowercase "f")

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
loka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
I want to know what the prick said to him to get him to do that.

you mean the sensitive frenchman?

he called him a terrorist. can you believe that? how sensitive are the french jesus

StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...the French!
I have French relatives so I'm allowed to make fun of them!

Still my favourite French article....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
all-star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats just a rumour loka. a false rumour at that, no one who was near the incident has spoke up about anywords exchanged between the two players, so that is just a false rumour. i think it would go deeper than that to reach zidane on that kind of level

and maybe materazzi deserved it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpG4AHlZrL4&mode=related&search=
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preacherman wrote:
BTW - George Best is and was the best football player in the world - and he came from my home town.

Pele was great.
Best was a genius!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nplemK3Y4ns&search=george%20best

And if you look through some of those great footballing moments, you'll notice all the opportunities that today's lesser players like Ronaldo would have had to dive...
Football in the 60s, 70s and early 80s was awesome. Today, it's not worth the effort watching. I would love them to change the rules to get rid of cheats like Ronaldo.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
loka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all-star wrote:
thats just a rumour loka. a false rumour at that, no one who was near the incident has spoke up about anywords exchanged between the two players, so that is just a false rumour. i think it would go deeper than that to reach zidane on that kind of level

and maybe materazzi deserved it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpG4AHlZrL4&mode=related&search=

i dont care if he deserved it or not.

its the most idiotic thing an athelete could do.

all-star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess i phrased it wrong. im just showing evidence that matarazzi can be a rough player, and can easil taunt someone into doing something they wouldn't do another time
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: