FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Free DoD: Source weekend
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Free DoD: Source weekend Reply with quote

Steam wrote:
The second free weekend will commence at 1:00 p.m. Pacific time on Friday July 7th, and conclude at 1:00 p.m Pacific time on Monday July 10th. We're looking forward to seeing you all there.

If haven't tried Source or perhaps believed that it wasn't for you, why not give it a go this weekend.

People often don't play it because they have complaints such as:

My machine is too underpowered
I used to play DoD:S on a P4 1.3GHz computer with 256Mb RAM and a Geforce MX2 video card. But with all the eye candy turned off, it was quite playable. If your framerate is down, try turning off some of the video card options (such as HDR and antialiasing).

The hitboxes are off
Steam have improved this within the last two updates and is much, much better. In fact I find it no different that DoD1.3. Preacherman would say it's better on Source!

The two new maps add an awesome new dimension to the game. Instead of just running over flags, the two new maps have detonation targets. You grab explosives from dumps (either in your spawn in Jagd or on the bridge in Colmar) and you then sneak up beside the target and place explosives (hold down USE key for a few seconds). Each target needs to be blown up twice so unlike capping flags, teamwork is really important.

TV1 needs bodies and although we are building up a steady group of regulars, perhaps a few of the DoD1.3 regs out there might like to try Source out for the weekend!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be a problem this weekend for player numbers. There will be a problem even getting into the server. Last free weekend there wasn't an empty server on the entire network. there will be between 4, and 5 times as many source players as 1.3 players during this.

THe hAXis of evil
ArtesMagae

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Yes! Reply with quote

Yes, come play Source! I've been playing on that server for months and I hardly know any Ville regulars.

All playing that game with the ancient technology.
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons I love this place is that you get to play with some of the neatest people in the world (i love you guys *tears in eyes*).

So for this free weekend coming up, I'd love to see as many of our regulars trying out Source and getting involved.
Even if only to try the new maps, Colmar and Jagd, which are really cool.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
One of the reasons I love this place is that you get to play with some of the neatest people in the world (i love you guys *tears in eyes*).

So for this free weekend coming up, I'd love to see as many of our regulars trying out Source and getting involved.
Even if only to try the new maps, Colmar and Jagd, which are really cool.

Yeah, listen to SDog! I would never play Source if it weren't for the regulars. In fact, I usually leave as soon as they leave. So give it a try this weekend if you don't own it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mulder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Come play source with me
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and me!! and me!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy newb hunting everyone #Sniper This is going to be a rocking out of control weekend for source players . The Ville 1 will most likely be full from friday evening straight to Monday. So admins get your ban, and kick finger stretched out it's gonna get a workout.

THe hAXis of evil
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard wrote:
Happy newb hunting everyone #Sniper This is going to be a rocking out of control weekend for source players . The Ville 1 will most likely be full from friday evening straight to Monday. So admins get your ban, and kick finger stretched out it's gonna get a workout.

Well you've all convinced me. I'm going to give Source another try.

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is about to start get ready to rumble. The streets will be red with young fresh newb blood. #2gunfire

THe hAXis of evil
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, id really like to try this out, however im looking at my steam game list and i dont see a DOD:S preload or anything, could someone explain how to install this?

Edit: never mind i went to the steam site and it had a click here to preload button that i must have missed.

loka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant even load it when i hit the preload link

Gamepro65

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your download is done, all you need to do is shut down steam and restart it. Of course this game treats me like CS:S where it doesnt feel like displaying the menu after the initial load of the game. So basically valve needs to fix whatever their last patch did because i can still play HL2 i just cant play Deathmatch, CS:S, and now DOD:S which makes no sence to me why they dont work. (Sorry rant over)

StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in while you can...server has been full all day!!

Preload can be found here http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=676

If you need me for anything , I'll be around!

Friend List: johnnystrontium
MSN: johnnystrontium at hotmail dot com

junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first day saw a packed server. I got on later during flash, and jagd, and had a great round. See you guys tomorrow happy hunting

THe hAXis of evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: