FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Aiptek MPVR

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Aiptek MPVR Reply with quote

Currently I have a great Cannon digital elph camera. A few times a year I use it to shoot pictures and videos of an event, like my nephews birthday, so I can create a montage movie with the material. The movies are very acceptable with the cannon, but I started searching around for a cheap handheld video camera that might take just a little better video. I also wanted something with a HD but I saw they had flash memory camera's too.

The Aiptek MPVR is a an extremely cheap camera for the features. I did some research on it and because of the price and return policy I decided to pick one up yesterday. It will accept up to a 2gb SD card, and I have a 1gb in it now, which might equate to about an hour of video. It says its 6megapixels, but I really think it is 3 with an enhancement to 6. I'm still comparing the recorded video to that of my cannon. I dont think it is any worse but I'm hoping it is better.

This thing also plays mp3's, voice records, and the coolest thing for me is it can record from any device with RCA outputs. It is a task for me to pull stuff off my Tivo unit and put on my computer. I can plug this in and record the Tivo stuff, and it puts it in a usable file to burn to DVD. The quality of the recording is good too.

Obviously this isn't the best camera, but it seems functional. It is light and almost plasticy in the way it feels. There is no lens cover and some of the features/buttons are odd. With all the features it is almost like a very cool disposable device (i.e. I wouldn't be crushed if it was broken, stolen, lost sometime in the future). I can keep it in the truck an have a camera ready when needed.

Anyone heard anything else about these?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It says its 6megapixels, but I really think it is 3 with an enhancement to 6

your right, the megapixels they give up is for a still image.
for the video itself it's mostly the half of that. =3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: