FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bender Kills Greebo Most

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Bender Kills Greebo Most Reply with quote

Server died a death of lack of players so the Kill Greebo event is over.

Not that this'll surprise anyone, but Bender killed me the most times. Congrats Bender!

After 3,340 deaths for poor old me (but 3341 kills, so I gave better than I got) in 10 days, and 57 Hours, 49 minutes and 19 seconds of playtime on my part, the top ten table of kills on me looks like this:

Quote:

1) BENDER 227
2) CMON 88
3) RICEN 85
4) TURNER 78
5) VINDICATOR 75
6) MERF 73
7) CPL CLAY 63
8) COMPTON 60
9) ARTESMAGAE 58
10) SINCLAIR 54

Thanks to all who took part, Thanks especially to Merf for enabling Friendly Fire and its various elements.

Comments and suggestions based on what you observed in the event, what you enjoyed, didn't enjoy etc should be posted here. In fact any server related suggestions would be nice because although we've definitely had a lot of players these past 10 days, the server still takes a good kick before it gets going.

(edited to add an extra 24hours of playtime)

Last edited by Greebo on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
riggormortis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Bender.
I didn t get to be home for the whole event due to a very much needed vacation the 3 days I was in there was very interesting. I hadden t seen the sever that full in a very long time. It was great, the ff being on was a good idea i think due to it made you check that fire. Well it was cool and i hope the server continues to have a good crowd in there.

See all in the server
Riggor #2gunfire
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this reminded me of the kill potato event years ago.
cmon
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Bender. You certainly had the Greebo-seeking ammo.

As far as the server goes. Since summer is here, we are definitely getting more traffic but as Greebo said, it needs a good kick to get started.(regulars are needed)

teh ville rocks
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bender!

I enjoyed the ff element even though i was on the wrong end of my fair share of tks thanks to a few of our fellow villians. I won't mention any names , but his initials are Mad-Hammer. The guys are right, it takes a few regs. to get the traffic started, as well as an admin or 2 to keep the peeps in line. I don't know how many people our admins were forced to kick and or bann but I do know their work is never done. You guys do a great job!!!!! thanks Dancing

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

Last edited by Ricen on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bender! Some of those Greebo-homing bullets seem to have found me too.

Thanks, Greebo for trying to get people on the server. It's depressing when I go on, and there isn't a soul! Mind you, the Friends invite thing is helping. But that's not the point. We need loads more people/regs. Especially if there is a risk that Merf might kill the server. It's awesome playing with the regulars that do get on...you know who you are!

Loved the FF element...whenever I go back to playing regular DoD1.3, I always stop firing now, whenever anyone runs in front of me
And whenever the other team wins...run...run...hide...oh wait, I'm playing Dod1.3!

Funny...I only started playing Source a month ago and I think it's better than DoD. Not comfortable but better. Better graphics and if they could only sort out that hit box...! I shot you loads of times last night Greebo, centre chest, but you didn't die...! Even when you were floating slowly through the air...no dead Greebo..

It's almost like there are two communities.... Dod1.3 and DoD:S...and very rarely do they cross over.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to tell you guys the truth... i'm always looking at the server to see if anyones playing... cause currently all i have is source... cause yeah i forgot the username and password to 1.6 and i dont have the cds anymore... but yeah

GRATS bender... and i'm surprised to see i actually made the top ten...

ps... i'm try'n to bring people into the dod source server... i got my brother in yesterday... aka bock 'n calls
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
It's almost like there are two communities.... Dod1.3 and DoD:S...and very rarely do they cross over.

I blame WoW.......... and JD.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
BENDER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well txs for the event greebo, had lots of fun shooting ur behind.

loved the ff on, (no more door blockers will stand in my way )
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: