FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
See why safety is key?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
My dad had a friend who got in a bad motorcycle accident. He was smart enough to be wearing a high quality helmet. His head got lodged inbetween to cars and his life was saved. You can guess what would have happened if he wasn't wearing his helmet.

Wow your dad's friend deserve's a plaque for taking the neccessary precautions and braving that ordeal.

This moron deserves jail time.

JtH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow the immaturity really does flow around here. I try to have a discussion and stating my beliefs, and all the little children come out.

But hey, what do i know. Im just compassionate for human life, no big deal.

I stated my views in response to everyone stating theres. I didn't realize everyone here had some big thing against humanity.

In conclusion, get back to me on this issue when you learn a little bit about life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH wrote:
wow the immaturity really does flow around here. I try to have a discussion and stating my beliefs, and all the little children come out.

I stated my views in response to everyone stating theres. I didn't realize everyone here had some big thing against humanity.

In conclusion, get back to me on this issue when you learn a little bit about life.

Theres no need for name calling. You should know better then most people here that you just don't bring religion into arguements at the ville.
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
JtH wrote:

Theres no need for name calling. You should know better then most people here that you just don't bring religion into arguements at the ville.

You guys jumped on me. I cant help it if religion is a part of my life. I will not censor myself.

I never stated anything bad about someone for not believing in God. I stated the comment about God being the final judge, and Richter had to have a smartass comment about it.

Until then, i was merely debating the topic. He made it a personal attack against myself and my religion, and regardless of The Ville's rules about it i will not just sit there and take that kind of sarcasm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have stated something like "According to my religion, it's God's job to judge people, not mine. That's why I beleive what I beleive." The way you worded it made it seem like you assumed everyone was the same religion as you. But you're right though, it wasn't right for some people to attack you for that.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please apply a big padlock to this topic?
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Richter
Sooooo was that before or after he took Adam's rib to create Eve and don't ya think the herbivores (Non-Flesh eating dinosaurs) would have eaten all those apples in that garden?[/quote]

Seriously! - are u really looking for answers to these questions??

Suppose since I come from Ireland I have a leprechaun in the bottom of my garden and I continually try to find the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

As to there being a God or not (we have staunch supports of both sides) and the meaning of life - we all know the answer to this one - the meaning of life is 42 (obviously) lol

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH don't worry about others views. I dont think anyone wishes ill will on the guy. There are just different levels of feelings on it.

Stand proud, caring is human and worthy

besides I cant even get myself to agree with my self half the time let alone get 20 people to agree on something.

Mike the comment about bin laden is directed at him only(ok really the whole radical islamic, my way or the bomb way, kill your women, kill everyone that does not think like you way). Its kind of a brain thing, Hear bin laden, brain says...F@@@ bin laden. Its kind of like he has earned his own little tag that should go in front of his name.

and when he does get whacked...Ill feel bad for him too...but very brieflyi

Last edited by ROOFCUTTER on Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all villans, with all different beliefs and opinions. We are all together to form one of the best gaming communities going. It's almost like a family for some of us. Let's look at the beauty of that fact and end this post on that.

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll at least most of us can agree that helmets are a good idea.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

figures the first topic i look at after not being here for a month is this one.

first lets start with some facts.

1. Roethlisberger didn't break any laws.
2. The police concluded he had the right of way and was cut off.
3. The police also concluded he was not speeding.

so to say that he deserves what he got, or that its funny, or that you hate him is RETARDED. This thread shouldn't have even gone this far. If you don't like him or think not wearing a helmet is stupid, thats fine. But to say other people shouldn't feel bad for him doesn't make sense.

And attacking someones religious beliefs is a fucking cheap shot.

This whole place has gone to hell. Obviously no one cares about what it used to be like around here. I've been here longer than 90% of you, and its obvious to me why so many people have left. You are all a bunch of assholes. This isnt the place to fight or argue or bash a fellow player. If you want to call people names, bash personal beliefs, or make fun of someone else's misfortune, go to ytmnd.com forums or something.

I haven't been around in a month, and im probably not going to come back too often after this. The Ville isn't what it used to be, and it probably will never go back. You people need to grow up.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This thread shouldn't have even gone this far.

You might do well to heed your own words.

Edit: I would like to renew my call for a big padlock.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, man, don't judge this whole community based on this thread. It should have been locked a long time ago...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not judging the whole community. There are people I respect and like here, but there are too many people here who ruin the place. There is no respect for fellow villuns anymore. Im sick of people acting however they want with no consequenses. I've made a lot of good memories, and made a few good friends, but this place doesn't appeal to me anymore.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is full of young people, and, without meaning to sound horribly dissrespectful, they are likely to sometimes state opinions without realising how controversial they are or the feelings that may be hurt because of them.

The community has always been like this though - I'm certainly guilty of such posts as are others. It's not a case of lack of respect, more a failure to realise the potential consequences of said posts. This is why we like the threads on the forum to steer clear of the most controversial topics - politics and religion.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: