FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Music
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pro-Pain

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

Hey, this is =HoR=Pro-Pain, some of you may have seen me on III and V for DoD. This is my first post so somebody correct me if this is the wrong forum. This has probably been done many times over, but I was having a nice talk today with BullsEye and others, and I'd like to continue it here, SOOO

What are everybody's favorite bands/genres, and what instruments does anyone play?
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like just about anything, except hip-hop.

Currently listening a lot to The Arrogant Worms and Barenaked Ladies, but I'll also listen to Iron Maiden a lot too.

Then of course there is my cheese collection - good 80s pop that is perfect for a sunny day.

Pandora's been good for discovering new stuff as well.
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly Rock, Classic, moderen, 80's retro. I can go for anything but rap/hiphop

My top bands
Billy Joel
David Bowie
Bon Jovi
Bruce Springsteen
The Who
Phil Collins

My instruments
Keybords/Synths

I am also a DJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play guitar and almost everything with strings, i have gibson custom shop zw bullseye, a 80's gibson custom that i added the 81 and 85 emgs, a ernie ball music man, taylor jumbo 315, martin d15, and a g & l strat. but i've had almost every kind at one time or another
i play through a marshall jcm 2000 superlead looped through a digitech gnx-4 and a crybaby from hell wah pedal. i love zakk wylde and BLS at all times but go through phases most of the music i play and listen to has something to do with what im goin through at the time! i love the guitar in new metal but i hate the vocals! really love alot of the outlaw country, i like all the singer song writer acoustic guys like ben harper, jack johnson, damien rice. LOVE 80's metal skid row, judas preist, ozzy... like the 80's hair bands too tesla, damn yankees stuff like that. love the southern rock! skynerd, marshall tucker, allman bros, etc wow ive wrote alot i guess you can say i love everything exept techno!
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WElcome to teh FORUMS!!!!

I llke a lot of metal, screamo, hard stuff pretty much like: Demon Hunter, Zao, Living Sacrifice, Project 86, Stavesacre, Gryp, As I lay Dying, UnderOath, ShowBread, etc..

and some techno

but I'll listen to anything except country and pop

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums

I like almost everything, except like death metal or something like that.

Here are some groups/artist I like in particular

Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Green Day, New Found Glory, Bowling For Soup, Sum 41, 3 doors down, Goo Goo Dolls, Hoobastank, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Poison, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Rod Stewart, George Starit, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Joe Nichols, Aaron Tippin, Alabama, Tobey Keith, Hank Jr, All 4 One, Boyz II Men, Sean Paul, LL Cool J, R.Kelly, Nelly, 50s Rock and Doo Wop

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Bullwinkle

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i listen to alot of newer alternative rock...... the newest band is a called "Daphne Loves Derby" they rock!!!! I curently am listening also to:

The academy is....
dredg
AC/DC
and jack johnson

BTW. i play the keyboard, and won an award for play marimbas back in H.S.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like lots of stuff, but here are some of my favorites: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Mad Season, Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Joe Satriani, Led Zeppelin, Guns n' Roses, AC/DC, Nirvana, Audioslave, Mother Love Bone, Metallica, Van Halen, Stone Temple Pilots, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Rammstein, Deep Purple, Dio, Queen, Queensryche, The Allman Brothers, Bad Company, Pink Floyd, Grand Funk Railroad, Jimi Hendrix, Jethro Tull, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, .38 Special, etc...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I like lots of stuff, but here are some of my favorites: Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Mad Season, Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Joe Satriani, Led Zeppelin, Guns n' Roses, AC/DC, Nirvana, Audioslave, Mother Love Bone, Metallica, Van Halen, Stone Temple Pilots, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Rammstein, Deep Purple, Dio, Queen, Queensryche, The Allman Brothers, Bad Company, Pink Floyd, Grand Funk Railroad, Jimi Hendrix, Jethro Tull, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, .38 Special, etc...
cool i like every single one of those bands!
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tiers of favorites in my music. My father has been a musician since before I was born so music has been a pretty big part of my life. My most favorite thing to listen to is stuff like Lamb of God "Ashes of the Wake", crazy fast stuff. I get so bored with the commercial 4/4 timing in the key of G. If I'm gonna listen to something more than a few times, it's usually pretty complicated or at least has perfect harmony or something unique about it. Anyway, here's how I'd break it down

Death metal/hardcore

Lamb of God
Slipknot
Slayer
Sepultura
Pantera
...lots of Underground stuff

New Rock

Perfect Circle
Godsmack
System of a Down
Three Days Grace

Other Stuff

Joe Satriani
Ben Harper

Reggea

Barrington Levy
Greagory Isaacs
Bob Marley

...but don't be surprised if you hear me bumpin Eminem or Dr Dre on my new system!

I've been in n out of a couple of bands. I always played in some kind of a garage wanna be hardcore band LOL - makes me laugh nowa days. I play guitar like the rest the general population of musicians. I used to practice/play everyday for like 7 years. Now I just play every once n a while. I still enjoy it, but I forgot more than I can remember.

eternalVillealliance
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything except hip-hop/r&b/jazz/rap.

I have a Korg TR76 keyboard with a Peavey KB5 amp and an Ovation acoustic/electric with the sweetest sound. The band I play with, play a lot of BTO, Clapton, Floyd, Zeppelin etc... Fun to play live...! Love all of Stevo's list and would add Motorhead, Saxxon and all those great heavy rock bands....the forerunners of punk!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.last.fm/user/gizanked/

thats what i've been listening to. or at least what has come up on my itunes player.

i'm not musically talented at all. i play the thumb drums but thats about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to go with only one... Pearl Jam!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

I play a Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro Series, through a Line 6 Spider II 2x12 with Celestions.

Music (Just The Favorites )
Pantera, BLS, Slayer, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Metallica, Megadeth, Soilwork, Fear Factory, Trivium, Down, Damageplan, White Zombie, Annihilator
Pro-Pain

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy Target wrote:
If I have to go with only one... Pearl Jam!

P.S., my sister saw Pearl Jam last night at the ACC in Toronto
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: