FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
map rotation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Tiju

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: map rotation Reply with quote

seriously tho, we need to change up the map rotaino in Ville III, playin the same maps is gettin annoying...

is there any way we can add maps?

i would just go to Ville V but i lag much much more on V than III

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Tickles

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of us feel the same way, we need voting on III, it's starting to get boring there playing the same 5 maps, over.... and over.... and over...

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea..it would be nice, to have a map vote. or some new maps, but even if it didnt change. it would still be my only place to play...can you feel the love

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Decay

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember Frosty wanting to do something like this once the Cup is over.

Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have posted time and time again about this. . TV3 will not be going over to vote. After the Cup I will be working on a new rotation and doing custom map nights and other fun stuff to follow. . When TV4 was setup as a vote it played the same maps over and over. I think Glyder was every other map. Anyways The Cup is almost finished then I will be working on other things just not a voting system. There are admins on TV3 almost all the time just ask them to change the map more often then not they will change it no ?'s asked. Even the supporter can do map votes if I remember correctly.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. There needs to be a change every once in a while. Or maybe we can use a mod that changes the rotation each day of the week or something.

I guess we could also make more use out of the supporter voting access that Simple mentioned.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Tiju

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
Ok I have posted time and time again about this. . TV3 will not be going over to vote. After the Cup I will be working on a new rotation and doing custom map nights and other fun stuff to follow. . When TV4 was setup as a vote it played the same maps over and over. I think Glyder was every other map. Anyways The Cup is almost finished then I will be working on other things just not a voting system. There are admins on TV3 almost all the time just ask them to change the map more often then not they will change it no ?'s asked. Even the supporter can do map votes if I remember correctly.

cool cool...waiting till after the cup then i guess

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple....you work way too hard on this server!!

I agree with you...no map vote is needed when you have regulars on who can do a mapvote for people anytime.

TV5 has map voting...so play there.

BTW, I'm sad the Cup is almost over...

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have entrusted the server op's with map rotation and the overall well being of the servers. Simple for the most part...minus large decisions controls TV3 and the same goes for tv1,4,5 and most of the time brv, and tv2. They have researched plugged many of man hours into these servers and have figured out what maps get the largest amount of traffic to not only come to the server but stay in the server. We had a map vote on tv4 but for some reason it scared people away also like as stated before glyder was every other rotation which became odd and eventually scared people off.

We have tried to keep the servers different by offering other maps or something to give some sort of spice...there is only so much we can do but we are trying to figure something out to make it as exciting as possible. But if you look at some of the servers across the DOD universe some of the most popular in the history of DOD have been the ones who run anzio/avalance 24/7...we wont do that but my point is we keep the map rotation the same so people who came by last week loved the server will feel comfortable when they return and perhaps stay for the longer haul. Now i know this hurts the members and the loyal ville customers but these are the most popular maps as of now across a large scale. Once they become unpopular they will be tossed.

I have talked with simple and tv3 will be changing slightly by adding more maps...custom maps and maybe some other things...but we will have to see how this goes and if it attracts people or scares them. But i thank you for your concern and we will look into all avenues of exploring some sort of spice into the ville servers so that it doesn't get to humdrum.

PMM

Last edited by powdermilkman on Mon May 08, 2006 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
El Cid

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Saints Reply with quote

We should play every map except Saints, cause my computer won't load it and every time you guys play it i feel like a loser cause i can't get on
haha
And if you do custom maps will there be a place to download them so we can play the maps?
thanks
El Cid campeador
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we do custom maps they may be available under the files section here on the site...but i say MAY with the strongest sense of the word. Historically custom maps have been the death of a server...so we are very hesitant to install them.

PMM
El Cid

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Ya Reply with quote

I would agree, i not a fan of them and there are rumors of them actually hurting servers. They hurt mine back in the day so i don't use them really.
Peace
El Cid Campeador
LJ

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that the rotation for tv3 has been discussed a lot and admins don't have a desire to change it but I would like to just suggest something that may have not been suggested in the past.

A map doesn't have to only appear once in a rotation. You could add in the popular maps twice and then add in some other obscure maps once.

Currently, the tv3 rotation is something like:
avalanche, saints, kalt, donner, sturm, flash

Well, you could have a rotation where those maps are played twice with other maps mixed in. Something like

avalanche, saints, glider, kalt, charlie, caen, sturm, donner, flugplatz, flash, avalanche, kraftstoff, saints, kalt, cherbourg, donner, zalec, flash, jagd, sturm, northbound
El Cid

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

I like that idea LJ
Your a genious!
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thank you for the server setup lessons I was looking for those.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: