FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
gah stupid warrior

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: gah stupid warrior Reply with quote

okay so i've got this tauren warrior going which i plan on making into a protection/tank build. heres the problem though... i haven't made one before and i'd rather not spend money to un-learn my skills ( how much does it cost anyways?)

so basically... what should i invest in to be the best dang tank i can be and still hold aggro and do some damage.
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played one so I'll just link to the guide They've done well by me for my classes that I just mess with

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-warrior&t=151738&p=1&tmp=1#post151738

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DreadVile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to hold off on the Prot spec at low lvls. Its really does nothing for ya. Fury is the fastest for lvling. You won't start seeing a use for Prot spec till your late 40s+

If you still want to go Prot spec here is a build for ya. It will be Prot/Arms with five points in Fury. Makes a good damage/tanking build. Not as good for straight lvling as Fury. I put five points in 2H spec since as you lvl you will be changing what types of weapons you use and this one effects all 2H ones. Tho the choice to pick Axe, sword, Ect... is yours.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warriors/talents.html?0532502135201000110500000000000000050050010400000000

Side note...Sunder and revenge are your best friends when tanking. Makes taking agro a simple thing. Spamming taunt will get you no where since it does not generate agro.
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 gold the first time you respec and then I think it doubles or something like that each time after.

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malanthros

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe respecing maxes out at 50g, if I'm right thats what my buddy is paying right now, cuz he LOVES respecing.

But yeah, if you want to deal dmg, protection sure isnt the way to go. One gold when it's time to respect will be totally worth it in the later game. And hell, I play mages 1g to port me to IF, it's not big money anymore.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so for now if i invest in some damage attributes then later for 1g i can respec i think i may do that... i've got a few points in protection tree already but from now on fury might be where its at..

1g ins't too bad at all in the short time i've been playing and buying a lot of crap in the auction house i think i've got like 40g so we'll see how that goes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At higher levels, you pretty much tank in groups or raids. The DPSing will mainly come from rogues, and a good hunter. To be the best tank = protection build, with +defense on your gear, and a nice shield/nice 1 hand sword combination. Holding aggro you will just need to learn your skills. Sunder alot, revenge, taunt, shield block in defensive stance. Once the mob is at about 25% health, switch to battle stance, then at 20% hit him with an execute. Twice if needed. Also, use your challenging shout when it comes out of cooldown, when it is needed. If you want to DPS a little bit with a protection build, get +attack power, and +strength gear. + agility gear isn't enough to warrant many extra crits with the build. Like Dreadvile said, go arms/fury for faster leveling. Don't worry about respeccing to protection build until you are ready to do some higher level instances.
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*******NO MATTER WHAT****** Always have a shield with you if you are the only tank in your group in instances. Being a healer I know my biggest pet peave is having to focus all of my mana on the warrior with no shield while everyone who takes aggro is /healme and i get bitched at for not healing after they die and blah blah blah. Just always use a shield as tank. PLEASE!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> World of Warcraft All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: