FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gaming Mouse

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Gaming Mouse Reply with quote

Anyone use the Razor Copperhead Tempest?

If so do you like it?

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got it. here's a review i wrote a while ago. oh ya, it's just called the Razer Copperhead, tempest is part of the name for the blue color. I got mine in green, which i think looks best outa of the 3.

I've had my razer copperhead for almost a week now and I like it. It took about a day to get used to the new sensitivity on my desktop and 2-3 for gaming. I had to lower the sensitivity in my HL games from 16 to 7. The fast switch dpi/sensitivity (has both) are nice for sniping and stuff. the side buttons on the right are a pain to reach but its not that big of a deal if im just lowering my dpi to snipe or something. The left and right click are coated with a thin layer or rubber and gives you a nice grip. The software that comes with it is nice, it has every possible setting you could need. It has a mouse acceleration option which is nice because you'd need to go into the regestry to turn it off if it didn't and you wan't it off for all high dpi mouses.

This pic isn't mine but this is what the options for it are.

The built in 32kb of memory stores your profiles that you save to it in the software so if you go to a lan party or something it automatically loads your settings without any drivers needed. You can toggle between your 5 profiles with a button on the bottom of the mouse. The 1000hz usb polling rate is overkill and just gives your processor more work so i set it to 500hz One tihng that did bother me are the rubber bumbers on the sides of it which initially prevented my ring finger from hugging the right side of the mouse, but now i just rest my finger on there and its not that bad at all. The led's shining thru the sides and scroll wheel with the pulsing logo look sweet , i got mine in green.

But before you go out and buy a new mouse, make sure you go to Best Buy or some place and try out a veriety of mouses. Make sure you try the logitech G5 which also has 2000 dpi and a dpi fast switch. I didn't like the scratchy feel of the sides of the G5, how i have to reach for the thumb button, how high and thin the scroll wheel is, and the inclination of the left click because i found myself right clicking by accident so i got the copperhead. I know a bunch of people with the G5 and love it, so make sure you find the one that you think feels best.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went and bought one. Alot more accurate and glides a lot better than my mx 518 that died. Still getting used to it as I have used logitech for years.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Gaming Mouse Reply with quote

DaKon wrote:
Anyone use the Razor Copperhead Tempest?

If so do you like it?

No but its sleek curving body does turn me on

shuya

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a saitek eclipse gaming keyboard and all my other gear is icemat (mousepad headphones ,soundcard,) www.icemat.com =) best mousepad ever!! ,oh and mx 518 logitech mouse
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a saitek keyboard. I am a bit partial to the Func Surface 1030 mousepad I have.
Apalm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Razer Diamondback Plasma which is almost identicle but the version before the copperhead.
I love these razor mice, they are very sleak and comfortable with plenty of fuctions and ways to customize, the only drawback for me is the side buttons, i found them hard to reach when i first bought the mouse, but after months of use ive got use to thier position.
Great gaming mice thumbs up!!
Verbannt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded from my old mx500 to logitechs newer G5 gaming mouse. It took a while to get used to the increased sensitivity but I'm loving this thing, most reviews I read before buying it compared it as just about as good as the Copperhead but since im a logitech fan I gave it a shot. These mice are a bit expensive, but worth it if you are looking for a mouse that provides a nice amount of customization and is very versatile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a green copperhead, wouldn't game without it.

it drives my friends nuts when they try to use my computer though, they aren't used to the sensitivity and the pointer goes nuts
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChingOnFire wrote:
I also have a green copperhead, wouldn't game without it.

it drives my friends nuts when they try to use my computer though, they aren't used to the sensitivity and the pointer goes nuts

ya, i usually have to lower the dpi on it when someone else uses it.
i forgot to mention, too late now, but amazon, atleast when i bought mine, has it for $20 cheaper.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: