FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DVD- RW drive

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: DVD- RW drive Reply with quote

Alrighty...something is really weird with this drive of mine.

I have multiple programs on my computer that can analyze like everything on my system in detail.

I still can't burn DVD's with it which is very strange. I haven't been able to figure it out.

Some of the programs tell me its a CD Rom Drive. Others tell me details like (CD RW 40x CDRE 40 and DVD RW 4x DVD RE 4x)

Its really confusing...any ideas anyone?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What software are you using? Can you burn CD's? Have you tried switching media or anything?

Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to have a program license for rewriting DVD's. I use Nero myslef. I know Nvidia has the codecs for it as well. Main thing is make sure you have all the correct codecs installed. If you don't have a dvd burning program it won't work.
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm alright...thanks...ill try that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try downloading DVD Decrypter. It's free. If you're just burning Data discs I don't think it will work but you can burn ISO's fine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: