FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Eve Online

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Eve Online Reply with quote

Just curious, has anyone here played this game and did you like it?

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
Verbannt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Podo and Kodo just started playing again yesterday, its an ok game, kinda tedious and tough to get into. Lots of downtime etc etc, but if you appreciate a game that can be rather realistic and does a pretty good job of replicating an economy (which i believe it won an award for) then you should give it a spin. However, don't expect to be able to dive right into it, skills in this game, unlike other MMO's require time instead of usage to learn. However, if you do decide to give it a spin I think they have either 7day or 14day trials for the game, or either of us could give you a free trial i think. I would deffinately reccomend doing a trial before paying for it, especially because i think you can keep your trial account and just activate it if you decide to stay.

If you do decide to try it hit either of us up in game..

Podo = Magnus Deus
Kodo = Alpex
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I keep looking at this game and "Looks" wise the graphics are killer. Just wondering if it's like Freelancer or Homeworld.

Been tempted to try the 14 day trial, checking out their forums to see what it's all about.

Verbannt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freelancer or homeworld, podo was really into those games and i think thats what made him get into EVE, but yeah, give it a go, if you like it you get 14 days free, if you dont, well.. thats what the trial is for.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of friends here at work that have been playing for almost two years. They have "corporation" and are addicted to it. With 5 kids at home, I just don't have that kind of time.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bro plays that game, i didnt like it, took to long!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Verbannt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Rifle wrote:
my bro plays that game, i didnt like it, took to long!!!

Yeah I hear ya, its not for those who need to see immediate results.. As for duke, this game isnt as tedious as it sounds, its geared more towards the casual gamer, the skills in this game are learned over time and not by doing the action which has its pros and cons but you cant apease everyone. However as casual as it could possibly be, it could also be made into something as immersive as any other MMO out on the market, the game is just what you make of it, thats all.. no one spoon feeds you what needs to be done or how to do it, and that can really hurt the experience if you dont take the time to figure out what YOU want to do..
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not tedious, yet you don't get immediate results. Now, I'm confused...... the right side of my head says it wants to blow somethin' up while the left side my brain says it would be cool to build a ship and sail the galaxy.

Give me a good guesstimate on how long it would take me to build a pretty cool ship and go whop the heck outta somebody.

Verbannt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now you've come to the part that I feel deters the majority of the new player base..Beginning in this game is not fun at all, you start off in a beginner frigate and you blow up some drones and mine some ore, which is all entertaining for a few minutes, then you are set off on your own doing missions for agents. You probably wont get into any engagements till you get into space that is not protected by the "police" who are there to keep the new players safe from the older ones, so a safe bet would be maybe 2 weeks time minimum before you would have all of the necessary skills to be comfortable enough to travel to where the fun stuff occurs. But once you get over the initial hump, fun stuff starts, you just gotta try it i guess. Give it a trial and see how it goes, dont let this keep you from that atleast..better to try and know then to sit there confused
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Verbannt I'll give it a DL and let ya know what I think........I still think I want to build a ship and go whop the heck outta somebody.

dungsoldier1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard of EVE Online. it's not that bad. just takes time and patience. you guys should check it out at: http://www.eve-online.com
Decay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how it is Mad-Hammer. I've been wanting to give it a try too but I don't know anyone who's playing it. Didn't want to buy the game and only play it for 2 weeks because it sucked.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: