FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: problems Reply with quote

ok i try to log in to steam but it says steam is already running but its not! when i try to load dod or join through the site nothing happens i hit ctrl alt del and it shows nothing running and i cant try to log out of steam cause its not an option. restarted my comp. many times still same thing! wth! everything else is running really slow too! any suggestions?
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably your HL2.exe/HL.exe look under proccesses. I had the same issue not sure what caused it and how I fixed it, but I had to restart my computer when it happened. . You can't just restart STEAM for some reason or close the proccess. You have to do a total restart. . I think I ran system check and that fixed it.

By the way before I got it fixed I had to restart each time I joined a server.
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had to unistalled and reinstalled steam, its takin forever. hope it works!
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last week or so when I would log on to steam my cpu usage would jump to 100% and stay there for a while would have to wait quite a while until steam would complete the log in. Then it would run slugish for about 10 minutes then be all better, this happened every time I would log in. I finaly uninstalled steam then reinstalled and it works fine. If not mistaken this all started after the last update.

I love steam, keeps you on your toes you never know when its going to take a dump. I still can't log in with my other comp happened about a year ago after an update. Scares the hell out of me everytime there is an update.

My game files are gone after the uninstall, having to DL those again as well never backed them up, crap.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: