FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Connection Problem in game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running a wireless connection with encryption? That'll screw up your pings.

If you are, change it so that it only allows specific computers on the network.
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam(srry for the language) Steam!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
Are you running a wireless connection with encryption? That'll screw up your pings.

If you are, change it so that it only allows specific computers on the network.

Well, my computer is connected TO the wireless router, the only pc that is wireless is my wifes. By the way, I'm still having this issue, I am now contacting my ISP. This is ridiculous, some days its fine, others it is downright stupid. I'm back to the issue of joining the game and imediatly being Lagged and getting a "Warning Connection Problem" in the upper right screen. Oh and btw, its not just for DoD, its for every internet game i've tried so far. And i think its also affecting my surfing. Hopefully my ISP (road runner) can figure it out. May just be a bad cable modem, it is almost two years old lol.

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
JtH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was having my problem i called my ISP.

It turned out to be an utter waste of my time as the guy on the phone had no clue what he was talking about.

I hope your ISP has more..... knowledgable tech support.

Oh another idea, you might want to try updating your router.

I had a problem where two comps on my little home network couldnt join the same server at the same time. I updated my router and it worked fine.

Just go to your routers website and look around there.

Hope it fixes your problem.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfourtunetly, i already have the newest update/firmware for my router .

It is working fine on the net, just whenever i get into ANY online game it lags out or just doesnt connect period. And you're right, my ISP guy isnt very knowledgeable either. he keeps telling me to do the same thing over and over (reboot router/modem) crap that i've already done a million times./

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mUj0 wrote:

Well, my computer is connected TO the wireless router, the only pc that is wireless is my wifes. .

Does your computer have any wireless at all? I've lost count of the number of times I've plugged my laptop into the lan cable and jumped in game only to realise I've forgotten to disable my wireless which happens to be the default connection.

The reason I'm still asking this is that the symptoms you describe are exactly what I get when I try and game on wireless with encryption.
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer is not wireless, nor is the connection to the internet wireless. I'm just hooked via cable to my wireless router. like this: Internet > Cable modem > Router > My computer

And all of my connection settings are normal. and seem normal, nothing seems out of whack. this is very disconcerning. No luck yet with my ISP, they seem a bit incompetent. Telling me to reboot my modem again and again. I'm trying to fiddle around with some settings on my router, something about a virtual server? i'm trying to see if theres a special port that needs to opened up for gaming or something, i'm not sure. i'm running through the manuel now.

EDIT:

Well, I fiddled with the ports, not sure if i opened the right ones or not, but i looked at my connection settings and saw all the 'server's and IP' addresses and i opened the corosponding ports, it seemed to work, as i'm in game now with hardly NO lag at all. HOpefully i've fixed it and it'll work from now on

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: