FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stereo for my truck

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Stereo for my truck Reply with quote

WHATS UP EVERYONE! I wanted tap into the never ending pool of knowledge here at the Ville. A while back a got a huge promotion and they gave me 04 Tundra limited V8 4x4 - 4 door w/leather. Sweet huh! Anyway, I got about a grand to dump into the sound system. The stock stuff is ok at best. I want to know what is the best stuff out right now. I'm gonna need a deck, cabling, amp, sub woofers etc. My biggest concern is how I'm gonna get the low end in the cab with now where to have a nice fat box. Any help/refferals/suggestions would be most graciously appreciated.

Cheers!

eternalVillealliance
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 04 Tacoma 4 door - and they make a custom box that goes behind the rear seat - believe it or not - holds up to 4 - 8" speakers with shallow magnets. They should have something similiar for the Tundra. There is some sweet double dimm stereos out with touch screens, but that might blow your budget. http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8647&highlight=tundra+stereo

RJ
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah It all depends on what you want and what you are looking for. If you were down here I could hook you up . I get lots of discounts on high end stuff AKA I was running a Zapco 750 ( Cost me $350.00 normal price $999.99 ) A Sony CD player with hiding face ( My cost $167.00 Reg price 452.00 ). Anyways you get the picture...lol Hehe come visit me I'm just up the state from you. No it's not hot products I get everything at cost do to I have bought so much stuff through them.

Like I said there is so much out there and it depnds on what your listening taste are. If you want rock you want a smaller woofer with a puncking throw. RAp of course you want a longer throw. I wish I still had picks. I built a box that replaced the plastic piece under the rear seat and downfired 2- 12" Eclipse 87 series. I tell ya I had a pretty high end system and it was in a 93 Dakota extenda cab. With 2 Zapco amps 350 wattt 4 750 2 channel ( bridged to 2003 watts in single Channel, 2 Eclipse 12" subs , set of 6 1/2" Polk Audio coponents ( 3 seprates ) Total cost was around $1100.00 for me ( Normal in around 3200.00) I built my own box which also saved $450.00..lol

There's alot out there to chose from just don't go out by buy no name stuff as it will only costr more in the end .

Goodluck
Bonez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was into the soundsystem thing a few years back in highschool, i haven't shopped arround lately because what i have now is still good enough for me so i don't know if i'll be alot of help.

Decks, not so sure about, mine is old but i still like it. It's pioneer, i've always kinda liked them and heard good things about them but i'm sure things have changed.

For subs i went rockford fosgate after my audiobahn ones went south. Rockford or mtx back then is what most people had. Sony i heard to stay away from (for subs) things may have changed though. Not sure how big your getting. I don't own a truck but my friend has a ford ranger that fit 10's behind the seats in a box. I can't remember if he built the box though. With 4 door truck i hear a common thing is to put them under the back seats.

Amps i would say mtx or rockford again. I push two rockford 15's through only a 1200 watt rockford amp. The subs aren't near being pushed to the max but they've nocked my rear view mirror off before and i've never had any problems with the amp so far.

Umm, cabling isn't a huge concern. If you find a cheap mtx or rockford cool, but if you find some cheap offbrand and it has good reviews from other people then that's cool too.

So yeah, that's about all i really know. I got my entire system off ebay and haven't had many problems. I've had one sub get a whole in it on accident and then it blew on me awhile later (those were audiobahn). I got the rockfords after that and have yet to have a problem with them. Had em over a year now i think. As for the best out there, it's hard to tell. I would just shop arround and find stuff that fits your budget. Check the user review and if you don't see any problems then it's probably a good buy.

*edit*
Simple posted before i saw it. He probably knows more about this stuff then i do. I was just giving you an idea about brands and stuff, but what simple said about no name brands is true. No name stuff usually sucks
deebo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I used to be big in sound back in the day. My current setup is alpine deck and EQ, Focal Utopia's, Image Dynamics IDMAX 12" V4 sub, PPI (precision power) amp to run the speaker and a 1200W Hifonics Zeus amp to power the IDMAX. If you want more details on exact models shoot me a PM. Also, are you going to big SPL or sound quality?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same pioneer deck for about 5 years now and it still works great. As for subs I have two Sony 10" that have worked fine the past 3-4 years. I have also heard thing about Sony subs, but these have never given me any problems. My subs are being pushed by a 800W Sony amp. As said before, my rearview mirror has also been knocked down by these two subs believe it or not. I'm currently checking around to purchase a new system for my car because I want more bass. Sound quality is important to me as well but my stock speakers sound great and are really clear. Just remember if you get a powerful amp to power your subs, you might want to check in on a capacitor so your lights don't dim at night. Also, larger amps need more juice so don't get a 12 guage wire for a 2500 watt amp. I currently run 4 guage Monster wire (Bought it b/c I knew I was going bigger eventually). It all just depends on what you want out of your new system will determine what products to look for.
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is what I ended up with

Pioneer deck CD/MP3/Ipod/XM
Custom formed fiberglass sub box to fit the compartment under back seat
2 - 8" infinity subs
6.25" JL, plus tweeter component f/front door
6.25" JL coax for rear door
200W 4 channel amp f/doors
350W Mono amp f/subs
All the best cabling and warranties
installed

$2000.00 out the door from Tweeter

A little pricey, I know, but I don't want to do any of the labor myself. I shopped around prices on the equipment and everyone was within 5-10 dollars of each other.

Thanks to everyone who gave me their input.

eternalVillealliance

Last edited by l3eeron on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good
Bonez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that looks pretty nice. I tottaly forgot about infinity and JL audio, those are pretty good quality names.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll show some pics after they're done

I can't wait!

eternalVillealliance
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: