FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Respawn camping clarification
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENDER.TVR wrote:
s.Squirrel wrote:
Can’t do anything about you respecting people’s game play. Like the great deebo says different strokes for different folks. People hide behind doors and shovel people all the time. I think that’s cheap but its part of the game.
You asked for a clarification on spawn camping and I gave you my interpretation

#Rofl that brings back old memories what kind of sexy people would hide behind doors then shovel u in the face

yes I know My face and your shovel have met before.

Cake
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squirrel said what i would have said
deebo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't take the game too seriously. sure somethings are cheap ie. pre-aiming corners, pre-firing corners, hiding in dark corners and spading, suicide grenades, telling your teammates where an mg is or where a camper is...the list goes on and on.
LJ regarding kalt, I do not see what squirrel does as cheap or spawn camping. the flag is placed directly infront of the spawn, heck, if there's a flag there's always a possibility of an enemy being close by. If squirrel kills me infront of the spawn I don't get mad at squirrel I get mad at myself for my lack of awareness....well I get mad at squirrel anyway. one thing i've learned is everyone plays the game to either kill, camp, or cap. We're all guilty of being cheap if you admit it or not. thats what I love about theville, nobody's quick at whining "thats so cheap, hacker, or immature profanity" play your game and have fun if someone is out of line believe me the villuns will be on top of it
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some times i'll consider it spawn camping on kalt. but it depends... if your team is pushed back to their 1 or 2 and you go sewers and camp the last flag and keep killing people out of spawn as they flow over the ramp then yeah... you arne't holind the point. if there is a 2 man cap and your team doens't have it. there is no reason to stay at the point more than 1 respawn cycle .

shooting into spawn in any situation is bad. there are many maps where i see it happen and i think pretty soon here i'm gonna make some maps of the respawn areas.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not a matter as taking the game seriously. I just wasn't particularly fond of being told "it's about strategy" as if I'm one that just runs around with no strategy. It is just a game afterall. One way to interpret that is to not get upset by "cheap but legal tactics" but you could also look at it like this. If it is just a game why resort to "cheap but legal tactics" to win.

And I've been warned about spawn camping when all I've done was walk through the room on anzio and kill an allied or 2 on the way.

Well, it's a dead horse to harp on this anyway. Since I'm apparently alone in thinking it's spawn camping. Or at least alone in willing to post about it when it's an admin that is doing it.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s nothing to get upset about LJ. And I’m not accusing you of not having strategy.
In fact I think you’re a very good player. I’m just stating it from a player and an admin point of view because you asked for a clarification.
It may be a cheap tactic but it works

BENDER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENDER loves being cheap, in fact hes one of the cheapest players ever! long live cheapness
The Tiju

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok on kalt i think that as long as you cap the last flag then it is not spawn camping...however if u wait for a wave then kill em and cap the flag that is just being intelligent. so that isnt spawn camping

as for glider i think it is spawn camping when you shoot into the allied house from the cow side exit. we get mowed down as we exit our spawn so that has to be considered spawn camping in my opinion.

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
SheWolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I consider a spawn camping is kind of plain and simple: When I respawn and die right away without realizing "who and how died" me, when I cannot even lift my rifle... then I am ready to scream - spawn camping.

My advise, when you see Squirrel on the map, check your back when you respawn, then check your socks, your pockets, then leave the spawn... and continue checking.

I also don't like granades on anzio into axis spawn....

loka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion I think the following are the worst maps...

I think the worst map that you can't really do anything about spawn killing is Glider in the Axis house when the Allies need to cap it. Another spot on this map is the castle when the Allies have reach to the tunnel to blow up the radio tower and an MG or sniper shoot through the door or window.

The second worst map is Saints when you have to cap either the car or the gun for both allies and axis.

Kalt is another map that urks me, but it seems the Axis side is more open to getting killed easily than allies because they have the broken building in front of them to hide.

One more map that is horrible is Charlie when you have an Axis sniper that is too good.

All in all LJ you make good points, but so do the admins and regs. It's just something that you'll have master in having instict to knowing someone will do that either way. The other thing as well to consider is these maps don't really give a fair spawning point to players leaving both or one side displeased.

v.o.c

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only map that ive really noticed what id call spawn camping is anzio. behind the door or on occasion some guy shooting on to beach.
ok sometimes you get an ass on all maps but thats always going to happen in a pub server.
as for charlie thats the total idea behind the map in the real dday alot of men didnt even make it out of the landing craft.
and gliders just badley designed for the axis.
as for hiding around the corner and shooting guys in the back, i look at it this way say its 5 guys if you run in to them head on chance of survival is practicly 0 wait till they pass and pop them from behind its got to be way up near the 100% chance of survival. so that to me is having your head screwed on right.

www.3foottall.com
LJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't mind getting sniped as I spawn playing allies on charlie. Just have to live with it. It can really suck as you said when there's a great axis sniper. But, sprint is your friend Go up and knife him/her
-=Ronin=-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAR's most important and only rule ......
THERE ARE NO RULES....(exept language toleration)

Thats basically what I think of spawn camping, therefore either win or die trying...
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENDER.TVR wrote:
BENDER loves being cheap, in fact hes one of the cheapest players ever! long live cheapness

I second that! #Black smile

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: