FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
After Win Spawn Killing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  

After win Spawn killing Legal ??
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 22

Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

innocent wrote:
what if i was to run into their spawn....and they all died 'cause i'm drop-dead gorgeous.....would that be ok?

I would ban ya just for lieing to yourself
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is just plain stupid not to be able to go into spawn in bonus round.

If you consider that spawn camping, then turn off the bonus round and modify all the maps that do not instant kill when you hop in and then spawn will be off limits.

Untill then you will have people doing that in bonus round because that is the way the game was designed.
Caveman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stay out of the spawn area, how hard is that?
BENDER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well imo if bonus round is not deactivated, unless theres always admins around, all the new players at the ville ar gona keep on jumping into spawn, cuse most of other servers thats the way they play, and then its gona be a pain in the butt, so the best thing to do would be to turn off bonus round and bam! end of spawn campin. #Beer #Beer #Beer it would be like a right hook to the jaw to us lovers of bonus rounds, but if thats what it takes to stop promoting spawn camping so be it. so does that includes not shooting at spawn? or trowing nades into spawn? even if they taunt me?
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if they have say a mg set in their spawn firing out at us trying to get their 1st? Can we fire into spawn?

Or should we just sit their and wait?
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use common sense...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it this way - You have been trying to promote getting more traffic to TV1 - If you turn off the bonus round traffic will probably slow down - I have played on a couple servers with no bonus round and winning just doesnt feel the same. My solution - I guess I'll go up ladder on Avalanche after capping first flag and on flash ummm... hope I run out of ammo before I reach the "recycle area" - Its only an issue on TWO maps Ava and Flash - spawn camping on Source TV1 - never happens - I have played there day one since source was releasaed - more hours than I would like to admit. Any regs and admins that play on Source (regularly)dont see any problem with it as they understand it - hiding is just as fun!

[RJ goes and kicks Junk in the nuts and curb stomps him]

RJ
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok to put a close to this -- from what the admins have said, and correct me if I am wrong ---bonus round cool just stay out of any area where they would actually spawn even though you can't spawn during the bonus round is that right? And no shooting into it even from outside of it correct?

THe hAXis of evil
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be correct.....i think we are just covering the bases about the people who just spawned or who went afk or run back in there cause they don't want to get shot....true you can't spawn during the bonus round but the bottom line is that you have no business being in the spawn area....its just off limits to the opposing faction.

PMM
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
that would be correct.....i think we are just covering the bases about the people who just spawned or who went afk or run back in there cause they don't want to get shot....true you can't spawn during the bonus round but the bottom line is that you have no business being in the spawn area....its just off limits to the opposing faction.

PMM

Alright well that pretty well ends it -- BOnus round cool just stay out of spawn--- Thats what i love about you guys you can have a good debate without anyone really going off. Thanx I just wanted to settle this so that there wasn't any question left about it.

THe hAXis of evil
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RULE EXCEPTION: Shoveling Bender during the Bonus round can be done anywhere, anytime by any means necessary - even if you must teleport across the map, superman, hack, or physically go to his house and shovel him in his computer chair (which is inside a tent, because he camps at home too)
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough Justice wrote:
RULE EXCEPTION: Shoveling Bender during the Bonus round can be done anywhere, anytime by any means necessary - even if you must teleport across the map, superman, hack, or physically go to his house and shovel him in his computer chair (which is inside a tent, because he camps at home too)

BENDER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol what can i say i luv marshmalons and a nice fire, so youre just gona have to learn to luv my mg. OK so when theres no admins around and we keep on geting raped in spawn in bonus round what ar we suposed to do? if i tell them to stop they'll just laugh at my face, and then i'll be just like RJ, gime some advice, and if we're gona report them to be baned the server will soon be empty
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you type staus in the console it will display everyones steam id copy paste it send it. Anyway this subject is closed --bonus round cool--spawn bonus killing not cool--- What do you do in 1.3 when no admin is around same situation get their steam id and post it to the admins

THe hAXis of evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: