FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOD Rules and Contacting Admins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: DOD Rules and Contacting Admins Reply with quote

http://www.theville.org/complaints/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you post complaints please give us as much info as possible.

It should include:

Name
Steam Number - to get this just type status or userlist in console
What map
What Server Number
What Time It Happened and In Which Time Zone
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to add an update.

More and more we admins hear from someone thats banned , "my brother did it", "it wasn't me" blah blah blah.

I can tell you that this excuse wont cut it.

It's your steam number and YOU, I stress YOU are responsible for it. If you let someone else , anyone else use it thats your choice. And if that results in a ban well sorry man thats your problem you obviously let them have access to your password one way or the other. Learn to be responsible for what you ARE responsible for and don't expect us to babysit your property for you.

Ya I know I'm cold hearted and all that but man thats life, suxs doesn't it.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: TEAM STACKING Reply with quote

Originaly posted by Nanite.

TEAM STACKING

Lately there has been a problem with team stacking. Team stacking is defined as two things.

ONE: The most obvious is when teams are not balanced number wise. Too often the teams can be 14 to 10 and people are saying even the teams. The problem is it's usually people on the 14 side saying even the teams. Instead of telling someone to switch and even them you should be switching. The admins have discussed this and anyone seen doing this will be forced to the other team. If I see anyone switching back because they don't want to be on the other team I will give them a swift boot from the server to make room for someone else.

TWO: The most insidious is when teams are not balanced skill wise. We all want to play with our friends and try to team with them as much as possible. The problem is when 3 or 4 people play together consistently and dominate map after map. This ruins the gameplay for most people even if they are on the team that is dominating. Anyone seen playing with the same people map after map will be forced onto the opposite team. Anyone changing teams to play with their friends when it will obviously unbalance the teams skill wise will be given a quick boot from the server.

In case you can't tell this is an issue the admins are taking very seriously.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originaly posted by Blue Ruler

RESPAWN CAMPING

A few admins got together and felt that it was time to spell out respawn areas for DoD on ville servers.

Where Is Respawn

Anyone found entering, shooting or throwing nades
into/onto any spawn area any map will be considered as invading respawn.

Anzio Clarification:

Axis respawn area starts at top of axis ramp as well as axis side of side tunnel and compound area in between.

Allied respawn anywhere on the beach which includes shooting from the window onto the beach.

<edit to add>: the use of any map exploit is frowned upon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: