FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
rankings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Tiju

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: rankings Reply with quote

how does the ranking system work??? i had like 2000+ points earlier and now i have liek 1172...WHAT IS GOIN ON??? AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS OR SOMETHING!!!???

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is suisides and players ranked below you that kill you cause it to drop majorly. Believe I have went from 2500 down to 1027 one time..lol The things was I was carring a 2+ K-D ratio it was because the same kid kept killing me by camping in a place I couldn't get to him. Breaks down to getting killed by a under rated player multiple times without killing them = slap in face. Pissed me off it was one of my better rounds too....lol Thats when I gave up looking at stats...
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the formula:

Killer Points = Killer Points + (Victim Points / Killer Points) × Weapon Modifier × 5

Victim Points = Victim Points - (Victim Points / Killer Points) × Weapon Modifier × 5

Areas Captured +6
Control Points Captured +6
Objectives Achieved +4

You can't just look at your kill death ratio and number of kills. The skill of who you're killing and who's killing you matters. If you die to a noob then you'll lose more points than if you died to a skilled player. If you kill a skilled player then you'll get more points than if you killed a noob.

And you also have to consider the weapon modifier. Nades won't add much to your score but they also won't take away much. Snipers do well because they have a high weapon modifier. And dying to snipers a lot is a good way to drop your score.
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically kill Cake alot and you get big points.

deebo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/rank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the whole formula, But like I said in my other thread. I always have good kill death/ ratio, lots of caps and yet still my points are terrible. I cant figure it out, its not like i get killed by noobs all the time, or i kill noobs all the time. It seems that maybe if your a rush type power player your stats dont show how well of a player you are with the current formula. Look at me, frosty ect.. Every map I try to be at top, yet my points Stink Think .

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know ganja. I just checked your stats compared to mine. We're abou the same kill/death ratio and I have 80 more points than you. But, you have a ton more captures.

But, see I've been sniping more than you. My captures are down because of it but it apparently seems my points are up. Too much weight is going to sniping in my opinion.
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, our kill/death ratio is close but i have a ton more kills when compared and a ton more caps, when compared. So shouldnt my stats be more in your opinion compared to yours.

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Malanthros

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just not look at stats at all. Maybe we should have a vote at some point this year. Have everyone list their top 3 fav players on a server, and we can gather a top 10 or whatever out of all the results.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Cake
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to absolutely live for checking stats back when i played CS and a little bit when i started DOD but i've gradually grown away from that. i play the game the way i like to play it and unfortunately that doesn't correlate to a high ranking, according to the formula psychostats uses.

i just started to write here about exactly what my playing style is, but that would be diverting the topic. maybe i'll start another thread about it. i'd be interested to hear what other folks are attempting to accomplish in-game

back to the ranking... has anyone noticed that it isn't tallying any of your recent kills? the reason i was able to notice is because of my recent name change. my new name has me listed with 28 kills and 32 deaths under it and it's been that way for over 2 days now. i know that older stats fall off as newer stats are added, but it doesn't seem to be adding anything new.
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malanthros wrote:
Lets just not look at stats at all.

oh I agree, I put no stock in the rankings at all. I would weight so many things differently But, it is nice to look at weapon stats and who's been killing me and such
BENDER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets vote for removing the stats, and lets see what hapens? Think the ville would become empty so come on people! lets try to fix the stats cmon!
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no need to fix stats. You'll never have a perfect ranking system. People would put different weights on different things. What I might consider a good ranking system another person would view as totally wrong. As an example, in another thread I think you mentioned decreasing the value of caps/objectives when I think the exact opposite should happen.
-zneakyzneaky-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must agree with ganja re: the points system... i think i played my best all around session last night and i only moved up about 5 spots LJ is correct about to much points for sniping... but i dont think they will change that... i think that there should be some major points rewarded for killing and even more for butting/knifing a sniper... it takes mad skill to even get close to a sniper... i mean the waves of people you have to kill or alude and avoiding multiple nades just to get close enough.
stats is a big part of doing your best imo... and i don't want to have to resort to sniping just to get my rank up... it's just not my style

my $0.02
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh i don't need stats to assign me the value I am to my fellow teammates whether axis or allied. As long as I know I did my best to push towards, capture or hold objectives that's all that I care about. I'm in it for the teamwork and doesn't matter what rank I am. Often I'll pickup an enemy nade and suicide to protect my team.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: