FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Clans..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asdfman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Clans.. Reply with quote

How do you get into these things? LOL I've never been in one, been on theville.org for like 2-3 years! I also play Suicide Kings servers sometimes.. hmm.. Not sure what they are exactly either.. whatever lol
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clans all seem to have different policies when it comes to joining. They can also have different purposes. I think most clans compete in a league of a bunch of other clans and they have scheduled practices and matches. It gets pretty serious, too.

A lot of clans have websites where you can find out how to join and stuff. I've tried playing in real clans, but it didn't really work too well for me... One of them was cool but they kind of broke up.

The groups that are based in The Ville aren't really clans, but more like guilds. TVR, USV, and eVa don't play competitively. So, maybe if you aren't into competition, you can go for one of our guilds.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there ever any chance of getting a competitive ville based clan? or is there one?
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullseye lespaul wrote:
is there ever any chance of getting a competitive ville based clan? or is there one?

I think that was attempted a few times in the past. They don't seem to last very long. I guess it could be done if someone was willing to start one.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BENDER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think still u dont have enough good players even if u atempted one
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are plenty good players on to be able to they just need to learn to play together.
BENDER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn those stat whores
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
Actually there are plenty good players on to be able to they just need to learn to play together.

ty simpleman
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was nD.TVR competitive?
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:
Was nD.TVR competitive?

Yes. I don't think they are still active, though. It didn't really work out as a TVR chapter, unfortunately.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
BENDER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullseye lespaul wrote:
Simpleman wrote:

ty simpleman
Liar Liar Liar
Malanthros

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally up for a competitive league. Thats what I was hoping with ~:ID:~ but that all fell apart. It's just hard to get players to leave their usual play areas, to come and play on another server for one night, to practice and whatnot. Plus servers just for practicing now and then, and playing in CAL, are kinda expensive on some of our jobless, in school, or supporting a family pockets.

IF anyone else is up to spearheading it, i'll be there to help move it along, but I wont take as much responsibility again.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nD.TVF (What we became after leaving TVR) ended about 6 months ago, though we did have a good run, about 9 months (Most clans last less theen 2 months) and we got noticed by many, though we rearly won any of our matches, we played the whole season (most clans quit if the lost 2 in a row) The only reason the clan dissolved was because I did not have time or money to keep it running (I was paying about $100 a month, with help from Kahlan, who payed half while we were dating, and Tea Time, who paid for our IPB liscense) Running a competitive clan is both costly and time consuming. That is what makes it difficult, finding a leader who will get it done (or who can find people that will) and has the resources to do it. If it had not been for Kahlan, Tea Time, Ranger, and a few others, nD would have never made it anywhere. Once I quit though they lost their direction and ended up collasping, since i was the one with the "vision", because sadly even the most skilled person is not as usful with out direction. This is what I think holds back competitive clans at the Ville, the fact that there is noone with a good "vision" of where they want the clan to go and then have the resources (Money, time and skilled help) to make it happen
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 2002, The Ville (I was the Commish) did run two seasons of a TFC league. The first one went well. We had seven teams and one bye. The second one had it lose it's luster. That had six teams and scheduling issues. The issue then (and probably still is today) was that there was a great difference in level of skill. It was pretty much obvious who would win or lose a matchup.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done many competitive clans in teh past which ended up being brought down in about a weeks tie due to lack of funds liek others ahve plus the mindset of the people who think you haev to go undefeted. Me and a friend have been putting together a server but have no backup if anyone else would be intrested in helping form soemthign like this for the ville and if the ville even wants it i'm a willing particepent with some resources to get it up and running
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: