FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4.0 Ghz Club

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: 4.0 Ghz Club Reply with quote

I am about to join this. In a couple of weeks I will run at about 4.1 Ghz. YAR.

The FSB is about 1.1 Ghz.

If only amd could acutally do carp compared to intel.

This chip will beat most of the dual core amds.

And fear when i get a intel dule core extreeme chip when they come out with their next steip.
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you do that when you could get an un-overclocked X2 that will run better, for about as much as your going to have to spend on the cooling system for that processor?

-KK
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooling is cheap.

And it is simple enough if you have the techinal background.

And the better question is why not? Besides AMD is a pice of crap.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And besides you would overclock to if you saw my fps in dod s all on high with full bloom at 1280 x 1024.
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude I run Half Life 2: Lost Coast with full graphics settings at 63 FPS @ 1024x768 with my X2, with only 1 GByte of ram... and my processor is not overclocked.

If you look at the benchmarks, it plainly shows that AMD has a considerable lead over intel, and thats when both arent overclocked.

Overclocked the lead only widens.

Simply put, the X2's have no equal, anyone will tell you that. 64 bits, Hyper Transport, Direct Connect architecture, integrated memory controllers, inter-core logic, and intelligent process selection are all things that the X2's have that intel's processors don't, and this isn't even compairing the actual wattage of the X2's compaired to that of the intel Dual Cores. You will spend much less money on your power supply and cooling unit with an X2 than any intel dual core.

The choice is yours, I'm not gonna tell you to buy AMD, but I am gonna let you know the truth. At this time, AMD has the lead in technology, speed, and performance per watt.

-KK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the origional clock speed DK?

KopiKat wrote:
Dude I run Half Life 2: Lost Coast with full graphics settings at 63 FPS @ 1024x768 with my X2, with only 1 GByte of ram... and my processor is not overclocked.

Is that still with your MX440 with DX7?
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thats with my Geforce 7800 GTX...

And it was a Geforce MX 4000...

-KK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: