FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Remembrance Day / Veterans Day

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A&W Rootbeer / Starsc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Remembrance Day / Veterans Day Reply with quote

As you all know, or should know, Remembrance Day is today. There are those out there that don’t believe in its meaning, they believe that the bloodshed was a waste. While I will admit that war is something that’s hard to accept or watch, one has to consider that the men and women that go and fight are doing so for more than just a paycheque. They are going because they believe in what they are fighting for. They fought so that they would ensure that we wouldn’t have to. Those that gave the ultimate sacrifice did in fact deserve life, but they gave theirs so that we would be able to live ours in freedom and peace.

All that’s asked is that we remember what they fought for and what they gave. This November 11th please take the time to honour their sacrifice, visit your cenotaph for the 11 o’clock service. Two minutes of silence isn’t much to ask for the lives of millions of brave soldiers that died for peace. Take some time off from the video gaming and other distractions that we use to pretend we were there and remember those that really did go and what it means to us today.

Freedom was their gift, let remembrance be our thanks.
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said sir. Hats off to all that have servied, all that are serving, and those who will serve!! *=

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
sandbag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen...

seriously, if you know someone in the service or who has served, call them, write them, talk to them or somehow convey your thanks to them for protecting our country...

two months ago i heard my dad (who is a vietnam vet) say "no one cares about veterans day".... how awful is that... I called my dad up this morning and told him thank you... he didnt quite get it... then i explained and you could almost hear a tear run down his cheek... my dad doesnt get very emotional, but this got him =)...

so get in touch with someone you know that either has served or is serving and tell them thanks... and do the same for those that you know are going into the military... for its those who have served (and in some cases died) protecting our freedoms and helping to ensure the freedoms of others...

(fyi, 21 gun salute this morning at purdue was freaking awesome... im so glad i was there)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that.

Already thanked a Brother and a Vet. He was very pleased to know i remembered his Big Day.

Will never forget those who Server and Fought for everything this contry believes in.

God Bless America

Ranger
A&W Rootbeer / Starsc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I know that there are a great many of you that are part of this community that are American I still believe that you can enjoy this as much as I did. The song was made for Canadian vets up here in my great country, there is a full story that came with this song and its on the site that im about to give you. Check out the video as well, it makes for a very powerful image.

http://www.army.gc.ca/chief_land_staff/remembrance/English/Home.asp

I grew up in a military family. My fathers a member in the Canadian armed forces and my Step Father was a peace keeper in Cyprus. I hold remembrance day with a certain light that others don't. Nothing bothers me more than when people dont bother to think about what they have and what they owe. This song was perfect for showing just how important it all was.

I do urge you all to read the story and watch the video, but at the same time you should read Terry Kelly's Bio and you can truly begin to understand just how awesome this piece really is.

Rootbeer
Spook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sincere thanks to all those who served and those who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. They must never be forgotten and never taken for granted.
STEWMAN
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A&W / SANDBAG , WELL SAID FROM BOTH OF YOU AND AS A VET MYSELF I APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS DAY OF REMEMBERANCE. AS A VETERAN YOU WILL RESPECT THIS DAY ALMOST ABOVE ALL OTHERS BECAUSE YOUR FELLOW SOLDIERS HAVE LOST THERE LIVES SO WE ALL CAN HAVE OUR DAY TO DAY PLEASURES. WE MUST NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO SERVE CURRENTLY AND THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED. THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL VETERANS...
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and God Bless to all that have served to protect our freedoms and to all who will in the future.

Semper Fi !!

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very welcome.

Darkath

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://barometer.orst.edu/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/11/14/437832b971b6b

^^^ My Air Force ROTC detachment at our Veteran's Day Ceremony that day. You can't see me in the pic, but I was doing color guard

^^^ Clicky
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spook wrote:
A sincere thanks to all those who served and those who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. They must never be forgotten and never taken for granted.

Your welcome ^_^

Darkath wrote:

^^^ My Air Force ROTC .... I was doing color guard

*cough* WUSS! *cough* *cough* officers that have no enlisted experiance are worthless!! *cough* ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
*cough* WUSS! *cough* *cough* officers that have no enlisted experiance are worthless!! *cough* ^_^

Come on james cut them some slack atleast their not out protesting.

Ranger<3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiseOldJames{ATL} wrote:
Spook wrote:

Your welcome ^_^

Darkath wrote:

^^^ My Air Force ROTC .... I was doing color guard

*cough* Army *Cough*
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleeding Tomato wrote:
Quote:

Come on james cut them some slack atleast their not out protesting.

.....what would the Air Force protest about?? OUR CHICKS ARN'T HOT ENOUGH!! WE WANT LESS COMBAT MOS' !! lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: