FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC skins for steam?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: TFC skins for steam? Reply with quote

i found all the old skins i used to play with, but i use steam to play TFC....how do i put the skins in? the directory isnt the same...i even created the files steam didnt have and got nothing!! AAAH!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put them in the skinds folder in the steam folder.
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
put them in the skinds folder in the steam folder.

Thats the Steam\Skins right??

Do I create char folders or just throw all the files in??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OpTlk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, im pretty sure the steam/skins folder is only for the skins to display the steam menus n such.

Steam\SteamApps\email\team fortress classic\tfc

I think you want to put all old skins, models, sounds, etc into this folder(which should've already existed from the Sierra folder you had before)

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpTlk wrote:
actually, im pretty sure the steam/skins folder is only for the skins to display the steam menus n such.

Steam\SteamApps\email\team fortress classic\tfc

I think you want to put all old skins, models, sounds, etc into this folder(which should've already existed from the Sierra folder you had before)

oh ya, now that i look at it again thats what he was asking. i thoght he had a tfc themed steam skin he wanted to use.
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea....it doesn't have any default models or anything like that i can find. I blew my HD a while back and when i re installed everything i just installed Steam and i guess it dl'ed TFC and all my other old mods.

-UPDATED-

I did a search for files/folders called models and all i got was just the stuff in my SteamApps

OpTlk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Steam doesnt create a folder with all the individual maps, models, sounds, etc like HL had it setup, you have to go in and recreate those folders and add what you want. If you're looking for custom models & sprites, id suggest 'googling' for them and maybe find a models pack or something.

Also, im not sure if you're just looking for the Old models as opposed to the New Models, but if you go to 'Options' in TFC, then 'Multiplayer', then 'advanced' you can change between the two types. hope that helps. gl

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: