FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BRV updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Team Fortress Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
the reason noone is ever on is because there are barely any pubbers left in TFC to join BRV and give people a reason to join. even if we manage to get a bunch of people to join and other random peopel to join, it will return to just the bots in a few hours.

TFC is dead as a mod, imo. It had a good run, but people just got tired of it. All that are left are the hardcore players and clanners. I remember talking about tfc while playing DoD and everyone was, "What's tfc?"
Mr Hat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
the reason noone is ever on is because there are barely any pubbers left in TFC to join BRV and give people a reason to join. even if we manage to get a bunch of people to join and other random peopel to join, it will return to just the bots in a few hours.

the bots are a double edged sword, on the one hand, some people ignore empty servers, on the oither hand, some people (like myself) check to see if the server is full of bots...and then not join because bots are boring.

Clay Pigeon wrote:
TFC is dead as a mod, imo. It had a good run, but people just got tired of it. All that are left are the hardcore players and clanners. I remember talking about tfc while playing DoD and everyone was, "What's tfc?"

I disagree somewhat, true the popularity of TFC is not what its was two years ago. Its also good to keep inmind that the WWII themed games are tremendously popular right now...also DoD is going to get another boost when the new HL2 version hits stores soon. But, there are still TFC pubs that get alot of traffic....and there are noobs there, that tells me that TFC is not dead.

Its like was said in field of dreams, if you build it, they will come. the only problem is no one wants to be the 1st one there...

The challange is to get a few people to regularly visit the server until it gets on the radar of the TFC'ers. I think most people are using the steam server searchy thang, they look for servers with a good ping, players on it and a map that doesnt suck.

If i like a server and the people who play there, I'll add it to my favorites and go back.

If there's never anyone there...i move on....thats the problem with BRV...

I'd be willing to encourage BR to spend some time at BRV. We generally visit a few pubs...where some of our old friends are playing or admin's..i'm sure with alittle tweaking of the map rotation we could get some traffic at BRV. I would even consider mentioning it in the cats forums....where the league players hang out.

We just need to make the effort

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Hat! I'd gladly idle in BRV some nights, awaiting people, i'll post on here, when i do this. Most likely a saturday night. Hat is entirely right, imo. Lets get some BR people to join up there, hell lets start a practice there or something, people will start joining. Just put avanti on (just kidding to all of you anti-avanti people )

Btw, TFC is still alive.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hey, ive been goin in the ville severs lately but seems like no regs play TFC here any more every1 playin DOD

Juvanile that's the way it's supposed to be

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleeding Tomato wrote:
Quote:
hey, ive been goin in the ville severs lately but seems like no regs play TFC here any more every1 playin DOD

Juvanile that's the way it's supposed to be

i guess you've never played a game of TFC at the ville filled with regs, maby even a game of TFC? i also guess you havn't realized that this community was formed from TFC.

i'll be on BRV if anyone wants to join.

also, can someone please give the bots waypoints?
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike this is a new Ville era DOD is here to stay

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Team Fortress Classic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: