FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lightyscribe DVD burner

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Lightyscribe DVD burner Reply with quote

I am looking at getting one of these. It will be external...aka usb 2.0 or firewire, since I burn a lot and it will sit on my desktop.

Any one used one of these drives? For those that dont know they burn the cd artwrok onto the cd too.

Also DVD X Copy Platinum good?
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My uncle uses DVD XCopy and it works fine for him.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just installed my poineer DVR-109 today, I havent burnt anything yet but i played a few dvds on it. it doesn't inscribe stuff on the top of the disc but thats where my good ol' sharpie comes in.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally dont use DVD X Copy. Waste of money. Go to dvdrhelp.com and read up there. I have burned alot of DVDs lately and found DVD Shrink to be one of the best. And its FREE. Also, if ya can go with an internal drive, usb is slower. Plus internal drives are hella cheap now. I do like the labeling capabilities though. Also i do like the dual layer, but dual layer media is still Very Expensive! Wait.. you got tons of $$$$$$ now. So.. No big deal to you.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing is that i want a drive that can burn the dvd image in the drive on the disk.

And for internal, i want something on my decktop. If I am wrong, usb 2.0 fire wrie is as fast as eide. I can alsol get the drive in a external SATA format for a lot more. Readand write acess does not drop in latientcy.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought not to far back. I bought the lightscribe because it was not to much more and it is a great idea imo. I dont burn alot yet, but when I create things for people I thought it would be cool to scribe things on the label.

I tested it once with a picture taking up the bottom half of the CD and the Name of the CD at the top. I figured that was about as graphcally intese as I was going to use it. It took about 15 minuted to burn, but it came out looking good... better then the sharpie method.

All I have with it now are CD's, so I am ordering some DVD's for it today because I have some stuff to burn for friends and I wanted to use the lightscribe on it.

My thought is that it is nice to have and there is no ink that dries up or has to be refilled.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry DK, I missed this post way back when.

I have DVD X Copy Platinum and it works great. I usually end up just using the basic functions of it. It does get a bit confusing trying to edit stuff out so I just copy the whole damn thing.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP nipples. I have not bought one as of yet, but i look here for advice. I just ordred from new egg a new headset SENNHEISER PC160 Binaural Headset - Retail that I bough because of advice from friends like you.I have also done a lot research before posting.

And I come to the ville to let a lot of us users and IT folk say it is a POS or sweet.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to let me know how the headset works out for ya. I currently have the Plantronics DSP500 set and they are awesome. Of course I am always looking for upgrades

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: