FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6600 GT HELP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:
LOL yep i got it I had to uninstall the old drivers first im gonna pwn you all now

you gonna pwn us all, but you did not even uninstall your old drivers for your new card. Some how I do not feel threatend #Bluegrab

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are more than a month too late to be helpful...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea lol I got this card working great! I overclocked it from a 500 MHz core and 900 MHz to 570 MHz core and 1.4 GHz memory. It was fantastic. HL2 and CS-S on high at ~40 FPS without graphical glitches. Good card. Well worth the money.

PS And of course and external fan

PSS Doom 3 on High (not Ultra) and FarCry on Medium/High"ish" both at ~40 FPS. FarCry is a beast to run. I just need more RAM for it. Another 512 MB would do it.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cannot get those 76.45 drivers to work. Never could. I'm still using the ones that came on the disc. I'm uninstalling the old drivers... i think. Maybe I'm not doing it right. I just go to add/remove programs and remove the nVidia Drivers. Is that how you do it?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I do it is uninstall the video card and when it tries to install it cancel it. Then load the drivers that way it is not using a default driver for the card . Hope this helps

Also if you have onboard video make sure it is disabled.
Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:
I just cannot get those 76.45 drivers to work. Never could. I'm still using the ones that came on the disc. I'm uninstalling the old drivers... i think. Maybe I'm not doing it right. I just go to add/remove programs and remove the nVidia Drivers. Is that how you do it?

then go into safe mode and run run driver cleaner and follow the nvidia driver cleaner guide. even if u unintall the drivers first some stuff is still left there and can cause problems. if you aren't satisfied with the nvidia standered drivers, then i would try the omega drivers, from waht i've heard they run nicer and give u an fps boost, but i've never had to use them cuz im fine with the normal ati cats.the omgeas come in both ati and nvidia for anyone else intrested.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
rANCOR hUNTER wrote:

then go into safe mode and run run driver cleaner and follow the nvidia driver cleaner guide. even if u unintall the drivers first some stuff is still left there and can cause problems. if you aren't satisfied with the nvidia standered drivers, then i would try the omega drivers, from waht i've heard they run nicer and give u an fps boost, but i've never had to use them cuz im fine with the normal ati cats.the omgeas come in both ati and nvidia for anyone else intrested.

I use the omega drivers and have not had any issue's with them. With the ATI drivers it seemed I was reinstalling them every 3 months or so because they would rest back to default for some reason.
darkwor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

simple, i used the omega drivers and when i ran counterstrike source, everything was great, till about 3 minutes into it and i kept getting little small glitches, then i installed this 76.45 and all has been good....

best way to find out is to try a variety of drivers, and find out what suits you best, but make sure you got all of the old driver off, before you install the new ones....
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suck I can't do it I've tried everything...
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:

Go to nVidia's web site, go to driver download and read ALL the info. You
will find either a link or a page with instructions on how to un-install the drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

On the left column, click on the Driver Installation Hints tab, and follow the instructions. Your system will come back in standard VGA mode (default) Then install the new drivers. DO A COMPLETE BACKUP of your system FIRST!!

Sarge
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok after a gagillion attempts I still can't get em to work so I'm gonna stick with the 66.93 that came with the card, since they seem to be the only ones that work. Are the 76.45 for a 64 bit cpu or a pci-e card or what? I have an amdxp 3200+ and an apg 8x card. I've just given up on installing these. My games work fine as is.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rancor, its all in personal preference, theres not a such thing as " this one is better then the other" type thing... i mean there is, but its all what you prefer...

if the 66.93 runs fine, then you shouldnt need to try different drivers, but having a 3200 with a 6600, you shouldnt run into any glitches,

right now im running

athlon xp , barton 3000 ( overclocked to 2.5)
1 gig of OCZ 2.0 cas
Evga 6600gt

and mine runs smooth, so if you run into any glitches, odds are its the drivers, only time will tell.. play for acouple days and see how it acts..

when you mean they wont work, what do you mean by that?

71.89's drivers are horrible for CS-S and doom, dont even waste your time
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say it doesn't work I mean it looks like this:

And I have been getting green glitches in Source latley but that may be from over overclocking my card. Or is it the drivers? This is my first computer that is minemine and I'm still learning lots.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend a lot of time in Safe Mode when changing video drivers to deal with the over clock I run like you. It takes me hours to get video drivers to work right. And some times older ones work best.

RIght now I cannot over clock my CPU due to the GPU is taking my 400 watt psu and taking it to its knees and making it beg. THe damn gpu is at like a 100 watt draw plus consider the volts and amps also.

grr
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: