FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DVD Authoring Software

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: DVD Authoring Software Reply with quote

I'm looking for retail software available that allows fairly easy DVD authoring. Specifically, making a unique "film" from .mpgs captured by a TV tuner card.

So far I have tried:

Ahead Software's Nero v6 (OEM)
Cyberlink's Power Producer 2 Gold
Intervideo's WinDVD Creator 2 (OEM)

I'll also be trying Ulead's VisualStudio DV 5.0 (OEM) soon. Of the 3 I've tried so far, WinDVD has actually been the best. This was a huge suprise as I've always HATED the WinDVD player, finding it the buggiest software I've ever seen. Granted, WinDVD Creator seems to have a 20% chance of crashing every 10 minutes, but the features it provides are the nicest. It allows me to split clips into multiple pieces, quickly change the thumbnail image of a segment, and has a fair degree of customization of the menu.

None of the software I've found has allowed me to create multiple levels of menus, and support for using the menus and chapters in playback on stand-alone players has been so-so (at best).

Anyways, if anyone has software they've played with let me know your impressions of it. I'm probably going to break down and get Nero 6 full version at some point, unless I hear bad things about it.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have DVD X Copy Platinum but I primarily use that for copying DVD movies and stuff. I am not sure if that is what you are looking for though as far as programs though. I am not sure if it will do what you want it to do.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ulead's Movie Factory is great and Dvd Author from TMPGEnc is good too. Here's a link..

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! Rob, I'm going to try out that TMPGE for sure. I'm so glad small software makers are still offering free trials.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

Bull
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I capture all my mpeg files with Beyond TV3 (includes TV card) and edit the MPEG's with Womble's MPEG-VCR pgm (fastest editing and file saving pgm I've ever seen) Then, I use Nero to burn the finished product.
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I bought had arcsoft showbiz 2. It works pretty good for creating a dvd.

RIP- BlueRuler
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull wrote:
Then, I use Nero to burn the finished product.

Which version of Nero do you use? I can't figure out what the difference is supposed to be between the "Nero 6.3 Ultra All-In-One Digital Media Solution", "Nero 6 Reloaded V6.6.0.3", and "Nero 6 The Ultimate All-In-One Digital Media Solution".

I'm baffled!

John Doe wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: