FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone find it troubling.......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXBatmanXx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: whoa people calm down. Reply with quote

Thought we were all friends here. geez.
Just lettin off some steam. chill out.
Lt. Black

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone find it troubling....... Reply with quote

Quote:
1. When a teammate kills 3-4 people with a nade, or there are consecutive kills in a hotspot.....MOVE UP! They do have to go back to start, do not pass go, and you have plenty of time to move forward!!!!

More often than not I end up getting kills against people who follow that rule. Given that I wasn't part of the body count within the carnage, at least.

Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like when my team likes to camp behind where they should. That gives me a lot more targets to hopefully kill. I tend to do "worse" when I have good teammates that move up to where they should. When I finally get out of spawn, most of the enemies are killed and sitting in their corners waiting. If you want a team game, then join a clan that does some kind of competitive play. A little communication in a public server is still fun and useful, but it is rare.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: whoa people calm down. Reply with quote

xXBatmanXx wrote:
Thought we were all friends here. geez.
Just lettin off some steam. chill out.

I'm sorry Batman, I really am

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *Try* to communicate to others, usually just by radio signals... They're
quick, easy, you can use them while moving/shooting, etc, and, even
though it's a public server (lamest ... excuse ... ever) people still don't
like to die, and I feel it's a good way to let others be aware of what is going
on... And people respond well to sound and hearing the same thing over
and over again (which is why I never communicate over voice, it's just too
random and wastes time and trying to recognize sudden voices is tough.)

And also, anyone who's ever played a crazy Anzio map where Allies get 1,000
points know the awesomeness teamwork can acquired. Who cares if it's
a public server (LEE), it's still awesome to win, and if you play together, this
will happen quite a bit (especially if the other loser team doesn't play teamwork.)

Spoiled Milk, the other white meat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
xXBatmanXx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: whoa people calm down. Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:
I'm sorry Batman, I really am

no problem. Had you on my team and against the last couple days.
Having fun.

I changed my gameplay a little to work OFF of my teammates, instead of being the lead, and it seems I can read the players on my team better than they can read me....so there ya go.
Lhiannan_Shee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your frusterations, and definately the need to vent.

Seriously though, it's a pub.. and what can you expect? I find the ville to be a much more pleasant place than a lot of other servers I've played on.... hence the reason I joined TVR and pretty much only play on the ville.

One I would add to the list is:

CHILL OUT! Don't whine or complain about people. I think it is extremely rude how many people insult others, etc.... and the constant whine of "so and so sniper... you suck." Sure, its common courtesy not to play a limited class if you arent that great... but seriously..... maybe they are trying to get better with that weapon.

The game was created as something fun to do in spare time. It needs to stay fun. Constant nagging and bickering ruin the game for many people. No need to take everything so seriously.

Maybe I'm reading your thread being a little biased, because I think the other day you told me to "shut up and just play" at a point, and I was actually quite offended by it.
Ten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, well DoD can be a source of frustration and a way to vent frustration. I do get slightly pissed at times and I always have, but I blame the flaws of the game or the ridiculous sequence of events that led to my death...

But I think it's extremely rude to single someone out and tell them how awful they are. Someone's 10 - 25 with a sniper rifle? Then don't go through the middle. Find a different route where you're at an advantage and your life doesn't depend on the skill of your teammates. Don't expect anyone to keep you alive.

Being a public server, it's open to the public - obviously you're going to get players with all different sorts of skill. That's why you need to depend on yourself to do what you can for a team.

And never, ever worry about your K : D ratio. You can sit in a window at flag one for hours and hours and manage a 6 or 7 K : D ratio but that means absolutely nothing. If you're going to set a performance goal for yourself, go for kills per minute. At TV I, the rounds are 30 minutes, say to yourself you're going for 30/40/50 frags whatever. You'll keep moving and engaging instead of sitting back and camping, sitting back and waiting for someone to enter your kill zone will never help a player improve. But learning how to properly engage and succeed in very different situations are where skills come from.
xXBatmanXx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lhiannan_Shee wrote:

Maybe I'm reading your thread being a little biased, because I think the other day you told me to "shut up and just play" at a point, and I was actually quite offended by it.

I think I remember this one.
It wasn't you. There was someone spamming the audible complaining about someone who was in "their spot" - it sounded like a 6th grade school yard fight. They were yelling at eachother and complaining about something that didn't really matter - and thus flooding everyone's speakers and headphones.

(I typed it, so I am sorry if it offended you - as I don't use a microphone becuase I listen for movement and different weapon firings.)

I don't directly attack people. I usually try and move people around. And most of the time back people up who need it. Paradise and myself had a very good run on Kalt last night - as we complemented eachother's movements in the sewers and held the axis house for sometime whileour team moved up.

I tend to stick close to people I know and know their gameplay. I understand it is a public server, but most of the time, you can recognize over 60% of the people on the server at any given time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: