FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Are you going to get HL2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you get HL2
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 35 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
HL2 will be a terrible game
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm.... yeah. I am.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Yeah what the hell is wrong with you people?

Actually nothing is wrong with me. I just believe that the game has terrible graphics, and terrible gameplay. Granted, this is just from the screenshots and movies valve has released, but these videos are supposed to be highlighting the strong points of the game. So if these strong points aren't that great, the game most likely won't be that great. Anyhow, even if it is a good game(which I highly doubt), it won't be worth the money they will be charging.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcan wrote:
Stevo wrote:
Yeah what the hell is wrong with you people?

Actually nothing is wrong with me. I just believe that the game has terrible graphics, and terrible gameplay. Granted, this is just from the screenshots and movies valve has released, but these videos are supposed to be highlighting the strong points of the game. So if these strong points aren't that great, the game most likely won't be that great. Anyhow, even if it is a good game(which I highly doubt), it won't be worth the money they will be charging.

How can you say the graphics suck? They look on par with doom3, if not better. Truely, if you think the graphics suck, then I have absolutely no idea how you managed to convince yourself to buy a copy of HL in the first place.

You've only seen a very short amount of the gameplay that HL2 will offer. The videos were highlighting their new engine and physics system, how you can alter things in the world, and slightly graphics; not on gameplay.

The game looks more like CS now? I can agree that it looks to require a bit more stealth and strategy (god forbid, we might actually have to THINK to play this game), but it still has the good ol' HL moments, like hitting zombies with crowbars.

Come on foo's, this vote should be unanimous. You're posting on, and I quote,
Quote:
The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum
For all you people not buying the game, just remember to have fun playing HL and it's mods while everyone else moves on to what looks to be a great single player game, and all of the mods' upgrades + more. Seriously, it's like saying you're going to stick with Windows 95 just because you don't like microsoft and they don't deserve your money.... #Beer

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keeping this guy as my sig

Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe wrote:
I'm not buying it....I have the coupon from an ATI Video card to get it for free I preloaded last night so I will be trying it out as soon as I get a chance.

JD

Ditto I have me coupon as well
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
How can you say the graphics suck? They look on par with doom3, if not better. Truely, if you think the graphics suck, then I have absolutely no idea how you managed to convince yourself to buy a copy of HL in the first place.

That's the exact problem with the graphics, they are starting to not look like a game. I'm one of the people who like the graphics being unrealistic. I play games for their unrealism, not for realism. I love the HL graphics, especially the TFC graphics, because they don't look real.

I still say that the prices on things are unrealistic for the games and operating systems.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if millions of people are buying the games, the prices are realistic...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hosway[CJP]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fo sho, im buyin da sequel jus so that i can see the engine which is used for it. I've seen the previews and I was like ,

but damn, ... $50 for a copy. im broke

Quote:
That's the exact problem with the graphics, they are starting to not look like a game. I'm one of the people who like the graphics being unrealistic. I play games for their unrealism, not for realism. I love the HL graphics, especially the TFC graphics, because they don't look real.

Im wit u on that. thats da only reason keepin me from buyin this game because i kno it will be a power hog to my system. And all that math computing involved in making those graphics, woah! The gaming industries are raising their standards in making games look "real".

---
Hosway[CJP] is now Doppelgangster.
Come, let's talk with swords!
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything that has been and will be coming out is based on new technology. In any business it is in the interest of the company to improve on their product. To do otherwise is just plain silly.

People want faster computers that are capable of doing more. The comp I built back in Feb actually cost me less then my 450mhz Compac that I had many moons ago. The prices are going up slightly but not dramatically.

When I first purchased HL is was selling for $50. 5/6 years later the improved version of it will be selling for $50, if it is ever released. People are now gonna bitch about the price of this upgrade?? Get real.

If you like the graphics of TFC the way it is now then continue to play it. When the new version comes out then don't bother with it. Save your money on something else that tickles your fancy. I am looking forward to seeing what Valve has accomplished with this new engine and how it will effect the game. It will definately take some getting used to compared to what I have been playing the past 5 or so years but progress is a good thing.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wouldnt be talking here if it wasnt for Valve/Sierra and Halflife. That alone is worth me buying HL2. Not to mention I've been playing games almost daily off 30 dollars I spent back in 1998.

Its amazing.. all these people are playing games off an engine that old. And they sold over 8 million units since then. I'm looking foward to playing it and can't wait until the day MErf, Danno and I are updating tv1 and tv4 with DOD:source

HL2 is going to be great.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol why is every one complaining that its $50, i meanalmost every new game out there is $50, yeesh.

i cant wait till they mod the gravity gun so i can swing around huge objects and live enemys
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember paying $50 for Heros of Might and Magic 3. Companies charging $50 for a game is not something new...

Vulcan wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

I still say that the prices on things are unrealistic for the games and operating systems.

Though strange IMO, I guess I can see the logic in that. Bad thing for you is that you're going to have trouble finding any new games with old-age graphics.

Blown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the graphics are better than doom easlily.

Farcry would give it a run for its money, but the outdoor scene that I saw, HL2 was still above and beyond. Then there are the physics of the game and this is where HL2 will OWN FC and Doom. Dooms physics suck compared.

I played some of Doom3, and after playing FC, Doom was a huge let down. It really needed to beat FC and be released first, FC just set the bar to high.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tea eff sea! tea eff sea!
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I'm not trying say Valve didn't do a good thing by supporting HL all these years.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/27/news_6106035.html

But let's face it if you've been hacked a few times and you're that stupid with security I don't want to do anything with you. I can't believe some people I know are going to send their credit card info to them via STEAM. I'll buy it a Gamestop here in the city thank you very much.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: