FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Les Paul and JCOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wewt! Mr. Stocks is in Nashville today meeting with the Gibson Custom Peeps. He is supposed to call me when he gets done with the meeting to let me know what the werd is. here is the preliminary design that he took with him. Its a simple line drawing at this point(done in adobe illustrator) but it won't be long before I will have to refine it and get a full color prototype drawing for him to look at.

It took meh about 8 hours to get to this point:

Ellis Island Guitar by JCOM

The 8 hours was over 3 days and a meeting with Mr. Stocks to get some serious direction. Anyway, he liked the prelims and I was pleased. We will know soon how Gibson feels....

"Let FREEDOM RING!"

BTW, the guitar will be used as a museum peice after it has been played by most of the greatest musicians who are still alive today.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude!

You have got to sneak "The Ville" in there somewhere. Like, really tiny or something.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
kazebari?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, make a really tiny purple ville logo on the back, say it's your trademark.

But seriously, I can't wait to see pics! This sounds awesome!
Turbo!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet guitar. hopefully theyll put some beefy pick-ups in there and make that thing growl

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
osiris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the design, just worried that the face might by coverd by who ever is playin it, wont it be tucked under thier armpit, guess it wont matter if its in a museum? I also like the small details you pick up if you really look at it, the 52 stars, and the differnt counties flags on the side, the torch on the head, the USA motto "E Pluribus Unum" latin for "One from many" all great details...

but you could add more flavor to the neck and head it seems all the details are in the body, Like im surprised your tunin knobs that u turn
to tighten the strings arent custom like i would make a custom tunin knob that was the face of the statue of liberty and on the back instead of just usin a ordinary face plate, id do a custom copper Torch faceplate instead of just a plastic/metal blank plate give it some design! that would also to tie the front and back together and the torch on the head really needs to be brightend and brought out so it stands out more!!.. When i think of the statue of liberty i think of 2 things the face and the torch , youve already got a great design with the face but make a torch face plate on the back!
Also i noticed on the neck your usin silver??? i would keep everything on the guitar COPPER, Frets, strap post, and your tunin post NEED to be COPPER, Mixin metals = bad

Also i just thought of a great idea! on the back of the guitar that faceplate i was talkin bout replacin u could make the torch part outta copper then do the fire in a glazed plexglass with a light inside the guitar body that would Illuminate threw the plexglass to make the torch look lite up!!
Now That would one hell of a design detail...

So heres things i would add.

1. Make the tunin knobs, have the face of the statue of liberty
2. Make the Frets, strap post, and your tunin post all copper
3. change the coverplate on the back of guitar to a custom copper torch coverplate where the fire is made outta semi clear material with a light inside the guitar to make the flames look illuminated.
4. Change the Text used to write all letters, reminds me to much of fender

I hope you at least consider some of my design changes...
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep in mind that this is only the preliminary drawing that Mr. Stocks utilized to pitch the idea to Gibson Guitar Co. That way they can see something instead of just hearing about it.

I spoke to his wife this afternoon and she said the meeting went great. So the next step will be (if Gibson buys the idea, which we feel positive they will) refining the design until it is deemed worthy for production. Thanks for all the thoughts and ideas.

I might be able to slip TheVille.org in there for posterity, as long as the patron of this project doesn't read this thread? Shhhhhhh.....

Stay tuned and I will let you all know as soon as I do!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Verman
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Dude!

Dude! Dude!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: