FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A demo of a player banned from CAL for hacking.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: A demo of a player banned from CAL for hacking. Reply with quote

Link

I don't think I've actually spec'ed someone and been convinced that they're hacking.

But this is really interesting. This is an HLTV demo from last week's Saints match in CAL Open. Watch the player [GIMP] Apathy, he's got teh walls. About four minutes in, just watch him. Watch where he's looking, he's basically in an enclosed room, looking at every wall. He starts going one way, looks at the other wall, goes that way and then blasts the guy he's been tracking. And apparently stairs are transparent too, watch him crawl up those stairs and now EXACTLY where everyone's going to be.

Another tell-tale sign is that when someone pops out from a corner, there's basically a millisecond before he bullets a bullet where their face suddenly is. You simply CAN'T do that with a K98. With an MP44 you listen very well and throw out some prefire and hope you timed it right and he's still going to pop out from the corner.

I'm very, very dependent on sound in DoD. If you can read it well enough, it can give away so many details about how you're going to make this kill as long as you have the problem solving skills to figure out exactly what to do. But this is different, he's tracking people all over the place where the sound is very faint and drowned out by multiple footsteps from his own teammates and opponents.

I find this kind of disturbing. The player was actually an administrator at a DoD League/server called Xtreme Professional League, which really isn't good for that league's image. The guy that hired Apathy (teh hax) said it best:

"If you play competitive DoD and suck just format/unistall because it would save a lot of us trouble."

I'm wondering if the players that do hack are like that one idiotic friend of yours who can't stand losing to anyone. I've got a friend who I kept trashing in Halo, he just whined and whined about how I was a cheap player, using cheap weapons, and looking at his screen... eventually he went to GameFaqs and found some ridiculously simple and very unsportsmanlike methods involving exploiting spawn points and the like. I'm amazed that anyone can feel a sense of accomplishment by doing this. "OMG I GOTS 3.0 KD!!!". I wonder if schooling all of the kids in my mom's grade 1 classroom in tennis would be a similar feeling.

By the way, this guy is a terrible player. Watch him suck with the Garand and duff a bunch of nades, if he didn't hack he'd be an average pubster. Teh winn4r.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always love cheating in single player games because it gives you a feeling of immoratlity (which is fun to exploit). Unless the game is ridiculously difficult, I'll always beat it without cheats though. However, cheating in multiplayer games is just stupid.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
kubrick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that was pretty obvious. I wonder how long he got away with it?

The best part was when the axis guy jumped over the wall and he follwed him before he even saw him then shot him mid air.

I don't understand why people cheat. It's so much more satisfying when you pwn someone legitimately(Random dod headshots notwithstanding)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
I always love cheating in single player games because it gives you a feeling of immoratlity (which is fun to exploit).

hm, cheating at games like age of mythology and such, when not playing online, is essential, as it makes the inevitable occur sooner, so that it is not a long drawn out game, but cheating to beat someone else is stupid, at least they are attempting to improve their skills.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paradise Lost

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'd you guys get your dod_saints to view the
movie. Whenever I try to load the demo, it says
I'm missing some file. (In this case something called
'file *131')

Spoiled Milk, the other white meat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO] Mrs. Keyes wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:
I always love cheating in single player games because it gives you a feeling of immoratlity (which is fun to exploit).

hm, cheating at games like age of mythology and such, when not playing online, is essential, as it makes the inevitable occur sooner, so that it is not a long drawn out game, but cheating to beat someone else is stupid, at least they are attempting to improve their skills.

age of empires man that was a fun game. espically wit cheats i mean come on im able to get a baby with a shotgun that can go around decimating everything or a camaro with a machinegun. the good olde memories

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kubrick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradise Lost wrote:
Where'd you guys get your dod_saints to view the
movie. Whenever I try to load the demo, it says
I'm missing some file. (In this case something called
'file *131')

You can get it here: http://tv7.theville.org/saints.zip
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could tell he was tracking the guy perfectly on those stairs by the tank. It was pretty funny when he didn't get that guy jumping into the river and he got shot almost in mid air.
Ten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker, I'm not sure if there are shotguns or Camaros in this game

Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

Actually, there are camaros. Well, some kind of car. I know there is a cheat where you can get cars that shoot. I don't know if there are shotguns, but there are plenty of gunpowder guns to use.

That is one fun game though. My 2nd favorite RTS of all time by far. It was the game I played the most before DOD. I had a pretty mean grush and flush.

Last edited by Shovel me Silly on Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, obviously someone hasn't cheated in age of empires

Some of the cheats you can enter will give you units such as babies with shotguns riding tricycles, futuristic troops with destructive laser guns, and fast cars.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shovel Me Silly wrote:
Ten Yard wrote:

Actually, there are camaros. Well, some kind of car. I know there is a cheat where you can get cars that shoot. I don't know if there are shotguns, but there are plenty of gunpowder guns to use.

That is one fun game though. My 2nd favorite RTS of all time by far. It was the game I played the most before DOD. I had a pretty mean grush and flush.
its actually a shelby cobra you get in the game and you get demo men no shotgun i know every single cheat to that game
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we even view the movie? I cant get it to play in anything...
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it Ten Yard. I watched that entire demo, following that guy Apathy, but I never saw the events you described. Are you sure this link is the correct one?

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
wow, that was pretty obvious. I wonder how long he got away with it?

The best part was when the axis guy jumped over the wall and he follwed him before he even saw him then shot him mid air.

I don't understand why people cheat. It's so much more satisfying when you pwn someone legitimately(Random dod headshots notwithstanding)

Are you talking about that moment where he climbs the stairs leading to the tank near the axis respawn, and then he shoot 3-4 guys?? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. I t was pretty obvious that guy was there, you can hear him coming.

Frankly, I saw NOTHING in that demo about cheats. I saw a player always doing the same run, missing more shots that he succeeds, and being shots from several angle. Seems to me he he got walls, he would have know some of these players were there.

If that was a conclusive video, call me Santa Claus. Unless I don't have the right one, because in no moment I saw Apathy in an enclosed room like 10 yrds described.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: