FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stupid kids going to meet an angry person
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Stupid kids going to meet an angry person Reply with quote

well 2night at about 3am tv time i was surfing the forums when some mor@ns drove by and smashed my mailbox. all i can say is if i ever meet them and find out where they live they will get a very angry person with their own bat in hand and we will see how much fun it is. i normally wouldnt get very mad at this but im already in a bad mood( idk the reason so i cant try to fix it) and this is the second time in 2 weeks. but i swear if i find them then im going to...*trails off in threats*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you replace it use a 4" rigid conduit fill with concrete and a concrete base, at least 2 feet deep. Then place a heavy steel box on top of it and anchor the hell out of it. Next time they drive by and take a swing it will probably break their arms when the bat shatters in their hands

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...or an exploding mailbox! would'nt that be great!

There is a big old black walnut tree right beside ours. It blocks any drunken teenagers fun at our expesnse from getting a bat on it.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
Yeah...or an exploding mailbox! would'nt that be great!

I'm sure the mailman doesn't think so.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
When you replace it use a 4" rigid conduit fill with concrete and a concrete base, at least 2 feet deep. Then place a heavy steel box on top of it and anchor the hell out of it. Next time they drive by and take a swing it will probably break their arms when the bat shatters in their hands

that would be awesome. also you could get a small piece of wood, drive nails through itand put it on the street right next to mailbox. put it just close enough (and short enough) so that when people drive by normally its too close to curb, but when the kids come close to take it out, they hit it. also warn neighbors what you are doing so they dont hit the nails. just a thought. might want to pick it up every day though. also, before you leave in the mornings after this, might want to look for revenge nails (id say they would be creative and find another method, but after all these kids are getting their jollies off by destroying mailboxes).

or you could wait outside with a shotgun and just scare the piss out of them. load it at your own discretion.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha here in california if you did any of these things except destroy the mail box you would go to jail! Welcome to commiefornia
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like BRN's idea...though be careful because if they get hurt they can sue you even though they were in the process of comitting a felon...stranger things have happened i.e. people break into other peoples houses break their leg and sue...i don't think that guy won and who can forget the coffee on the lap McDonalds incident...moral of the story people are just stupid.

Ole man powder story telling time.....

This whole situation sounds like the time kids kept driving through the yards on my street so my parents in a momment of brilliance put 10 hollow poles deep into the ground, then filled the hollow poles with cement, then put hedge around them so they couldn't be visible. So far these poles, in the 5 years they have been down at the street, have been tested once...needless to say the poor drunk kid came crying to the front door of our house...the pole didn't even budge, the car had to be towed.

Powder
kubrick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a PO box. Noone has smashed it yet

Sorry Speaker, hope you catch the little bastids. #2gunfire

Last edited by kubrick on Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing illegal about what I described. If they get hurt in the process of trying to destroy your mailbox you are not responsible. They are driving on a public road and they are still on that road when they take a swing at it. If they get hurt it is on their hands, not yours.

We use to have the same problem with kids smashing our mailboxes till we did what I just explained in the previous post. Next time around they were in for a big surprise. Although no one was seriously injured the mailbox remained standing without a scratch. My dad stuck what was left of the bat in the ground right next to the mailbox as a reminder/memorial for any future attacks

God Bless You Blue Ruler
IrishMan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah someone came driving by in their new blue mustanf and egged my sisters car on day, so i got my paintball gun and frozen balls (illegal in actual fields yes ) and just waited for the car to come around again! (which it did) and boy did i dent it up
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

little brats they are. picking on a poor little defenseless mailbox. I say go with BRN's suggestion And I like the concrete poles too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or wait up every night and get there licence plate # and call the feds. It ia a major felony they would do some time for that. Or install a outside camera to watch it. $30.00 camera and a VCR and your set.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah don't mess with the mailbox or anything mail related...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a better idea then roof!!!

When your reconstructing your mail box, take an anti-personel - like a bouncing betty - and duct tape it to the site of the mail box. When they run by and attempt to wack the mail box, the mine will (depending on the mine but Im assuming that your going with the bouncing betty idea) fly out and explode in their faces!!

No more problem ! ...Although you do have a mess to clean up after wards...
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw man i always wanted to do that! but every one i know says.. that its a federal offence... i dont care though... when i get the chance ill be knocking over mail boxxes...

aa, oshiete sensei-san
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: