FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I Remember...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Blue Ruler Memorial Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishMan

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Blue sniping on Avalanche, he was always so funny to watch in Spectator and to talk to, i will always remember his voice, because it was a unique one to me, it stood out against the rest of the voices on HL, who all sound the same to me.
Lhiannan_Shee

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard about what happened to Blue today, and it's very sad. I really do wish his family the best. Blue was a great guy. He's the one who got me to first visit these boards. When I would whine about certain maps, he'd let me have my choice in what map I wanted, and changed it... and whenever I had silly questions, et cetera, he'd be there to answer them and was always so polite and friendly to everyone.

I'm going to miss him.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so many memories of Soren that I will have to post more then once.

We both became admins at the same time. We took each other under our wings to help one another with whatever problems we ran into. It seemed at that point we really had started a bond with each other.

I remember the countless hours we spent in chat planning events or just chatting to see how one another were doing. Just recently I started joining both Soren and Ken/Roofcutter in chat. We would just give each other a hard time cracking jokes at one another. This is probably what I will miss the most.

I remember all the fun we had gaming with each other. No matter what the circumstance he was always fun to be around. Even having some of the worst games he has ever had he still was courtious and fun.

I remember being a member with him in The Ville Brotherhood, United Society Ville, and in the admin ranks here. He has always been an upstanding and well respected member with everything he was a part of.

More to come

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember his lips...or his donkey....or his dropped pants gifs, He and I collected gifs and tried to out do each other. I think we both ended up with thousands of gifs. I will miss them all.

I remember when he told me he has a large train set up in his garage. cities towns etc. I will miss thinking of them running...or his ideas on what to do next.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember he was always fun to play with in game and he always had a good attitude. I can't remember one time when he said something remotely negative. No matter what he had something nice to say. I also remember his deep voice on the voice chat in game.

He was a great exaple of what the ville is all about and the place will never be the same without him. I will miss playing DoD and TFC with him.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bonez

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the very first day i played DoD, and it was on TV....

It was the same time the Whack Blue contest was running and i was so new to the game i had no idea what was going on. I kept hearing everyone yell Kill Blue and see all the colored scorlling text across the screen telling me to Kill Blue. I kept thinking "who is this Blue?" and "why does everyone want to kill him?" and "why is he so popular?" I'll miss ya Blue, RIP.
RouLeTTe
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when i first started playind DOD, i happened to join TV one day. i felt completely out of my league as i looked at the scores of other players in the game. i greeted everyone in the server, not really expecting a response. yet, Blue was the first one to pipe up and ask me how it was goin. that left such an impression on me, and made me feel so.... welcome. i only got to play w/him maybe twice after that, but he was always so pleasant and enjoyable to play with. I have only great things to say about him, as im sure is the case w/everyone who got to play with him. my deepest sympathies go out to his family and close friends in their time of loss. a great guy may have been lost, but will certainly never be forgotten. RIP Blue
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 2 years i new him he would usually kill me in dod. But really the thing i remeber the most is Me chat with him about where he lives and where i live. It was a nice chat. I remeber the very first time i was invited to a game. He was the first i starting chatin' to.

See ya blue. RIP
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most recent memory of him was one of my rare chances to play a game. I havent played in literally like 3 or 4 months and when I refreshed all the servers, he was the only name I recognized. I joined the server only to get put on the Allies team on Avalanche. (I never play Allies) and blue happened to be there MG'ing away. The whole map we were getting pummelled and we both did what we could to hold the last 2 flags and occasionally (when we got brave) try to grab the middle in a fruitless effort. That game I think my score was something like 17-32, which is far less then spectacular, but he commented to me that even tho ive been gone for a while, I did a great job for being rusty. At the time I thought how great it was that I was commended for the effort first and foremost, and that made my night, since this has all happened, it now makes that moment all the more special. Thats just what he did, was try to find the best in everything and go out of his way make people see it. Although I never really was able to talk to him much and he probably only recoginzed my name from my ever dwindling posts here on the forums, he made my last experience with him a memorable one.

Thank you Blue Ruler, nothing can truly be said for what you have bestowed upon us here at The Ville, and you will truly be missed.
Turbo!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mnay memories of Blue here on The Ville, but what I remember most is what he did behind the scenes. I remember that just about every special event I saw, Blue had something to do with it. He dedicated his time to making The Ville a better place for everyone who played here.

Everytime I would hear his voice I would feel comfortable and welcome here. I think he was probably the first to say Hi and WB after being gone for 8 months. Even if everyone had forgotten you, Blue would always remember.

There are too mnay good things to say about Blue. Im jealous of those who got to know him personally, I wish I has been able to get to know him better.

Thank you Blue for all of the great games and for just being you. Even though I hardly knew you, I will miss you forever. GG Blue

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not able to stop in as often as in the past, and today was the first I heard of this.

It is difficult to come up with the words to express all that Blue has done for theVille, and for many of us, as individuals.

I best remember Blue for always pushing for fair play, acceptable language, and anything else that would make the TFC/DoD/NS/etc. experience the best for everyone playing, whether a regular Ville member or someone just stopping by.

Blue recognized that theVille is a community, and that everyone in that community has a responsibility to make sure everyone else enjoys their time here.

I have always had the utmost respect for Blue, as an admin, a player, and a person. His posts were always well thought out, and articulate, and he always tried to accept everyone for the individual person they were.

I will miss you, Blue. GG.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exit stage left.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Blue Ruler Memorial Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: