FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I broke my DoD. I shouldn't be allowed to touch settings...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAzly

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your ping is high because you touch yourself at night

There I said it.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download and run the program Lavasoft Ad-aware.

Make sure you update it everytime before you scan.....

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan wrote:

What does that do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shovel Me Silly wrote:
Chan wrote:

What does that do?

Get's rid of adware.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Spybot and Adware 6.0 - they both usually find everything. But despite how well you take care of Windows it'll always get bogged down with things you can't get rid of. It's a good idea to backup and format once a year. And even though you're not visiting shady sites you'll still get plagued with all sorts of annoying stuff that would make your mom cry.
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
I've got Spybot and Adware 6.0 - they both usually find everything. But despite how well you take care of Windows it'll always get bogged down with things you can't get rid of. It's a good idea to backup and format once a year. And even though you're not visiting shady sites you'll still get plagued with all sorts of annoying stuff that would make your mom cry.

You Said It All Right There!

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
BAzly

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewDotNet or whatever has to be the most annoying one to find. It doesn't matter how many times you kill it, it keeps coming back.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: I broke my DoD. I shouldn't be allowed to touch setting Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:

My connection is horrid cable. Or DSL. I don't even know because I'm retarded when it comes to connections.

Firstly, that is not a politically correct statement regarding your intelligence (or lack thereof), secondly, if you do not know what your connection is, maybe you should read books instead....or ask mommy...
Ten

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: I broke my DoD. I shouldn't be allowed to touch setting Reply with quote

[Focus]Lunt wrote:
Ten Yard wrote:

My connection is horrid cable. Or DSL. I don't even know because I'm retarded when it comes to connections.

Firstly, that is not a politically correct statement regarding your intelligence (or lack thereof), secondly, if you do not know what your connection is, maybe you should read books instead....or ask mommy...

lol Maybe from now on you should try not sucking at DoD and then telling everyone at The Ville that you're better than them. If you've got nothing productive to add to this thread then I don't see why you spend your own time attempting to patronize and undermine others. Piss off please.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: I broke my DoD. I shouldn't be allowed to touch setting Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
What can I try in order to have less ping than a Chinese phonebook?

Ouch. That's cold, man. Cold like ice.

Anyway, have you checked your registry? JD went over this with me quite a while ago, and he got my computer running like...uh....

....dangit, can't think of any witty metaphors like you guys :/

Anyway, to check your registry:

Start --> Run --> input regedit --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows --> CurrentVersion --> Run

That's a list of all the things that run when you boot up your computer--some are good, some are bad. If there's not many, then research the names and find the bad ones yourself--but if you're not 100% sure, I recommend:

Download HijackThis:lhttp://www.computercops.biz/downloads-file-328.html

When you get to the menu, click Scan, and then Save Log. Then, go to one of these computer security forums

Computer Cops
Security Forums Dot Com

And post your log in the HT Logs forum. Usually, one of the professional staff members will respond within the hour with a list of things you need to check and delete--but remember to register first!
Ten

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Kaz. Thanks for the info, it's that kind of stuff that you don't find when you Google "My computer is slower than Strom Thurmond on valium, I need help plz". #Fade in

I'm formatting hy hard drive in a few minutes and slapping in some new equipment. I'll try to maintain my computer better with the tips and software you've mentioned.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAzly wrote:
NewDotNet or whatever has to be the most annoying one to find. It doesn't matter how many times you kill it, it keeps coming back.

I just reformatted my laptop because of that stupid thing deleted like 30 times and everytime you restart your computer there iot is again.
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will submit just one more statement regarding your dilemma....you are a little grumpy...maybe you missed your afternoon nap by the "little box with the flashing lights" as you so eloquently put it...lol...couldn't help myself...sry all, there is an election going on in Canada and the participants and their statements make me want to vent....
Bonez

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think this is the right place to vent, find somewhere else please.
Ten

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Focus]Lunt wrote:
I will submit just one more statement regarding your dilemma....you are a little grumpy...maybe you missed your afternoon nap by the "little box with the flashing lights" as you so eloquently put it...lol...couldn't help myself...sry all, there is an election going on in Canada and the participants and their statements make me want to vent....

You're still here? Don't be such an illiterate troll, I have no idea why admins let you meander around this site and just insult other posters out of the blue. You make no sense and no one's laughing, you are aware that the things you're laughing at... aren't really that funny. Maybe to a ten year old or something: "lolololz look @ ur flamshing lights agin lololoL n nap u baybee loolol read a book and talk 2 ur mommy cos us dont konw nething bout inteerent connections lololol stiupid fuquer". We're all just killing ourselves.

Seriously, just piss off. I lose like ten IQ points everytime I read one of your butchered emo posts.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: