FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6-man plan, Anzio || DoD/Pub-X 161

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: 6-man plan, Anzio || DoD/Pub-X 161 Reply with quote

Bearing in mind the class restrictions, what's a good route plan for Anzio with a 6-man team? I'll start with my in-expert opinions for Allies:

3-> bridge, 2->up rope ladder to plaza, 1->snags laundry.

Figure BARs (if it's better than tommy at this point) should go to each plaza & bridge. Riflemen to each bridge & laundry, and carbine/tommy/grease to plaza. Sniper goes to platform over bridge.

In a total rape-age, this leaves the laundry rifleman to enter the plaza while tommy or BAR there leaves to race for hill. After plaza is taken, someone snags street. At the bridge, the sniper drops down onto bridge & BAR leaves there to sprint for hill from second direction.

Not sure how robust/common this setup is though.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that's what i like to see!

anzio is a classic clan play map and honestly the best strat is a dynamic one, where people can shift directions as needed. Also anzio strat depends on how good the other team is (ie we can rush the bridge as allies if our opponent cant stop us, but if they're good we'll have to play it safe).

In general the axis have advantage on the bridge and allies have advantage at the plaza, so this is what our strat should be based around. a sniper can be effective on both sides, so whoever snipes for us can maybe choose where he wants to go.

my job has always been to go rifle at plaza, so that's what i feel i'm best at but we can work out the individual assignments when we have an idea of starting lineup.

hmmm... i guess just from playing anzio in a ton of matches i have pretty solid strat to use, but i'd like to hear your guys' input.

evil what you outlined is pretty solid. i say send our sniper to bridge platform unless he's gettting owned there by kars/sniper. the majority of our focus as allies should be to get two guys in the plaza and take it right off the bat, with cover from a garand in the pizzaria/laundry.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found when in match play on anzio an axis mg in the meat locker overlooking flag 3 can really stop the allies. From the allied side, a sniper or MG in the tower does a great job.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, the most irritating thing about anzio is the tunnels where axis can get into the church now.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an mg42 is sometimes used in the meat locker area... you can alternate between guarding the the mid and guarding the bridge from the meat locker window. the walls of the that meathouse are extremely spamable too remember

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever play anzio usually I'm rifling on the bridge or floating in the middle.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAzly wrote:
Don't forget, the most irritating thing about anzio is the tunnels where axis can get into the church now.

I disagree. This was the most useful addition to Anzio. Sorry for those snipers....

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hoop

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience here is what I have found works, my old clan went against a strat like this and it was tough. Dont forget in clan matches that u switch teams after 20 minutes.

Allies- Machine Gunner on laying on the sandbags at bridge so he can cover the tunnel as well.

2- rifleman to the bridge, 1 to be setup as crossfire with the MG at the axis choke point, the other to go thru the butcher shop and cap flag three and then camp himself there to cover thier backs.

That solidly fills that side of the map, more than half of it.

For the plaza id say a BAR, Thompson and Rifle. Rifle covers from the pizzaria while the tommy, and BAR cap the plaza. Once capped the tommy gun goes thru the tunnel to the street(3rd flag) while being covered by the rifleman in teh butcher shop. The rifleman and BAR move up the hill cause Garand is good cover at long range. BAR splits off to the side route behind teh first flag while the garand goes right through the gut.

Now that is if everything goes to plan. My suggestion is that the same guys go to teh same side everytime so if someone dies you can shift as Evil said. The whole idea is to control the flow and not have the enemy running around and shooting you in the back.

I have alot of strategies from my old clan and would be willing to help.

I dont like sniper at bridge area idea cause he cant put alot of fire down like an MG, but the axis will most likely beat u to the bridge everytime. I know I can make it from any spot the fastest.
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yall have been talking about the Allies side this hole post, now im not one for making DOD strats (havnt played enough dod to know everything) but just remember at some point you WILL switch to AXIS and you need a 2nd plan.

EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamepro65 wrote:
...at some point you WILL switch to AXIS and you need a 2nd plan.

Yeah, we know. It's just a matter of getting the one down first. That and I don't know CRAP about Axis. TEN YARD!!! Get in here! j/k, but that boy does like his STG44.

Umm... all I know about Axis is that sinpers can go either to the crack above bridge or portrait room (aka double windows) over plaza. And KARs usually split 1 each, bridge & plaza. Oh, and anyone gets the hill as they go by .

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Hoop

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipers in crack is pitiful cause you have a shot 17% of the time better off in the plaza in the double windows catchin gthe bottleneck area from the laundry.
BAzly

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run out fast at the start of a game and straight to those 2 windows with an mg42 and just start shooting soon as your deployed usually you can wipe out 2 or 3 guys.

I suppose against anyone good they'd have a sniper waiting there for you, but I have no idea who gets there first.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to start out in the double windows and prime a nade just right into the plaza. I know Ten Yard does this too, so when I was allies I primed a nade and got a lucky throw into the double windows and got him. It was hilarious because at first he thought someone did a nade exploit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always go bridge as anzio. You can really wreack havoc on the axis group if you time your garand shots just right. And once you cap the bridge then a sniper or rifle can hold it for a while.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: