FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD top 100!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since these goobs are demanding a new set of rules, we'll be complying with a revamped list by the end of the week.........
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really?

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well...i played on your server for about 1 year and i just got absolutely sick of the admins...VTEC is raw and a few others are raw too...but some are just faggots...The rules are not good, change them

Hello, I am a 5 year old homophobe.

Lemme guess. . you were banned?

If anyone wonders why we are so strict on language, lemme elaborate. .

It's about climbing a ladder of frustration. As people slowly climb it, it gets more intense. The language gets stronger and stronger. the flaming intensifies. It begins to truly ruin the game. Most of this is caused by younger kids spouting off childish remarks (most of which they probably couldn't define with a dictionary).

By being strict on all language from everyone, we limit the amount of intense flaming situations which can ruin games. It's not about being prude. It's about preventing people from even getting on the ladder.

I am glad we do this. If you have to cuss or make vulgar/racist comments to enjoy this game, perhaps you should rethink the term "sportsmanship".
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 wrote:
Quote:
Well...i played on your server for about 1 year and i just got absolutely sick of the admins...VTEC is raw and a few others are raw too...but some are just faggots...The rules are not good, change them

Hello, I am a 5 year old homophobe.

Lemme guess. . you were banned?

If anyone wonders why we are so strict on language, lemme elaborate. .

It's about climbing a ladder of frustration. As people slowly climb it, it gets more intense. The language gets stronger and stronger. the flaming intensifies. It begins to truly ruin the game. Most of this is caused by younger kids spouting off childish remarks (most of which they probably couldn't define with a dictionary).

By being strict on all language from everyone, we limit the amount of intense flaming situations which can ruin games. It's not about being prude. It's about preventing people from even getting on the ladder.

I am glad we do this. If you have to cuss or make vulgar/racist comments to enjoy this game, perhaps you should rethink the term "sportsmanship".

I agree KRG If you look at the messages requesting a rule change, the people writing and requesting them are not necessarily what one would call classy, polite, or anything too nice I think that before the rules get "revamped," there should be more thought put into why those wanting a change want it. I know that when I play, I can swear all I want, but I don't need to do it publicly, just to my monitor. Most of the language calls are for those that take the time to write it. I have seen a player go from language to explicitly rude (vTEC got him). It only escalates, never stops with just language. Most newcomers to theville servers have apologized about language when they are told and understand why, even if they think it might be stupid. Those that refuse to listen about rules though, well.... #Fist

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones that crack me up are the ones that tell you how terrible your server is, how the rules are lame. etc etc. Yet once they are banned they come crying wanting to be unbanned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY #$@% we are now rank 26

Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker for the Dead wrote:
HOLY #$@% we are now rank 26

last night we were 24, this morning 25, now 26..... y we going down the ranks?

vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally agree with you guys..i've warned many people about there language...but i think the best ones are the ones who lie and try to say that they werent swearing..even though you heard and saw it...those are the best..but i dont understand this RAW thing that guy was talking about
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one last night, always sweraing to everybody... mind me, I'm somewhat more tolerant of this than the admins.... but he managed to get on my nerves. I quickly found JD on TV1, and asked him to take care of it, which he did, well he tried, seems like Jfet bet him to it

That little prick went even so far as taunting me after my warnings, like "yeah, and what are you gonna do about it big boy?", "so are you gonna ban me yet?". You see the kind..... spoiled brat.

Like someone said on Kustom Kettle forum, these servers are proprietary, and the owners make the rules as they see fit. Thats it, thats all.

Oh and btw, Kustom Kettle, that "great server" according to that top100 site (which in fact its true, it is indeed a good place to play, and Blue and I were often there), managed to ban 169 people since the last september.... how many do we have?

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot more than 169... If I did the math right it's 594. Of course that encompasses all the mods and not just DOD like KK. I'd have to spend a lot of time seperating the DOD bans from NS, TS, and TFC.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanite wrote:
A lot more than 169...

nanite should know..he has most of the bans
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vTEC wrote:
Nanite wrote:
A lot more than 169...

actually since Jfet imported some bans from the old servers I think he has the most.

***EDIT***

Okay I checked the statistics. One third of the bans are from TV8 TS, another third from TV2 NS, and the remaing third are spread around the other servers.

And I'm not that evil, I'm only tied for fourth out of like 20 or 25...

Last edited by The Nanite on Tue May 25, 2004 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanite wrote:
vTEC wrote:
Nanite wrote:
A lot more than 169...

actually since Jfet imported some bans from the old servers I think he has the most.

yeah, well it was alot of work. i deserve it =)
Mostly Harmless :/

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I threw my vote in. Dunno where the Ville ranks now, didn't check.

I'll miss shovelin' Blue
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how many do we have?

May 2004 = 70 so far
April 2004 = 148
March 2004 = 128

Did not look at the rest of the year.

This across all servers/mods and all bans regardles of length of ban.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: