FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
dod strategy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seele_Kriecher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha dod is great man. better than counter strike or tfc. lol now im gonna have like every cs and tfc player up my @$$ for saying that.
Negative Creep

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% to anybody who says there is no teamwork or communication on The Ville servers. Hell, we barely have it on ours.

And the most obvious reason is this, they are PUBLIC servers. Most, dare I say all, the players that join are "newbs" who just want to get a good K/D ratio. They have not yet figured out that teamwork and communication will lead them to there good K/D ratio. So even though I constantly complain to myself about this problem, there is absolutely NOTHING you can do.

Now one way I have found out how to achieve getting on a server with these qualities, is to scan through the list of servers and pick out each clan server, then view the players in the server and see if any of them are in the clan. If they are they most likely will have these qualities about them. It doesn't work very often, but it's the best solution I've come up with.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some teamwork. I was able to lead a group of about 5 players through the sewers in kalt to the enemy flag and work back to win the game. I was just using hand signals and it worked well.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vicoden

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't completely agree with there being no team work on the ville servers. If anything I say the team work is getting better, especially with more and more peeps having mics. When I join a team, I right away look who is on it, and when I see people that I know from experience like to cap flags, I am right there with them. I love capping flags, I cannot for the life of me sit and camp for more than like 30 seconds, I get way too bored. I have alot of deaths, but I also have alot of fun rushing the enemy.

I think no one has a problem with a sniper who knows what he is doing, I mean if you have Shockwave on your team, there is a good chance you will have no resistance getting to the point on the map where he has setup camp. And if someone does somehow get past him, he will sure as hell let you know.

The only thing that would make this game more fun for me is playing on a clan team that has organized tactics, where you could go for a point, knowing full well that you got a guy behind ya thats goint to give you the support you need.

The only map where I see a problem constantly with teamplay is on avalanche (allies) Allies get continually spanked on this map, and seem to have a real problem getting the middle flag once the axis set up camp. Nothing pisses me off more than sitting at the middle flag waiting, and waiting for a 2nd guy, just to watch my teammates run right past or sit behind a nearby rock not willing to help out. Eventually I will get killed, usually from one of the buildings on the allied side, where 3 of my teammates just ran in and didn't do a damn thing about.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
I love capping flags, I cannot for the life of me sit and camp for more than like 30 seconds, I get way too bored.

Yeah, same here.

Vicoden wrote:
Nothing pisses me off more than sitting at the middle flag waiting, and waiting for a 2nd guy, just to watch my teammates run right past or sit behind a nearby rock not willing to help out. Eventually I will get killed, usually from one of the buildings on the allied side, where 3 of my teammates just ran in and didn't do a damn thing about.

That really annoys me. Sometimes I want to just kill them when they sit just out of range and just snipe away, or set up an MG while I'm here using voice signals and saying "I NEED HELP AT THE BRIDGE" or wherever it may be. Sometimes they sit out of range, and other times they will just run right by. I usually just end up being killed by 5 enemies and they cap in a second. This just REALLY annoys me.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seele_Kriecher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when im on avalanche i always play on allies (given the fact that teams will still be even) because i like the challenge. im always a sniper on it too cause i can usually clear out the middle area and then move up to the 2nd flag pretty fast and go prone under this broken piece of building and annihilate the axis as they come out of the archway. my team has won sooooo many matches because of this... im not trying to brag or anything but its true... thats all u gotta do.

the thing that pisses me off the most... which prolly the same thing pisses everyone else off is when you're like i need help here or you tell some1 to cover you and they leave or no1 comes... seriously the teamwork that i try to conjure up gets squashed by idiots that dont give a damn about anything except their kill/death total
Hoop

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all snipers always know what to do. Perhaps asking them to cover you or cover this area and they might do it. You cant expect anyone to do what you want without asking they cant read your mind. But.... I am that sniper, I like to get behine lines and cause havoc so we can move up or I can get an MG if I see hes doin damage. Non snipes have to be willing to spot for the sniper too not just assume he knows where everyone is. But Im willing to work with anyone just call out my name.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: