FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I Remember...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Blue Ruler Memorial Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: I Remember... Reply with quote

here is a thread about your memories of Blue Ruler...

amongst many here is one of mine.

I remember... him being HW and I would be medic. I would stand behind him and medic him as he waded thruogh the "red" team! We made quite a team. We destroyed lots of people and I had the best seat to watch the action in the game. I did this with several of the hardware guys at the time but Blue and I really did it well together. he would let me grab the health packs and he would get the downed soldiers packs for ammo.

I will miss that.
JtH

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember him sniping on many different maps and he was never really that good at it . lol im jk. he would just snipe the whole time and he wouldnt talk, he just got into the game mode. what is funny is that he wasnt one of those really offensive snipers that get 10 kills every 3 minutes. he would just sit in some odd spot and every now and then he would just pop some guy running past him. at the end of the game he would only have like 15-20 kills but he always got the guys that try to sneak back and capture points. it was great gaming with him. im gonna miss sitting here and saying "Oh, blue got another one."

RIP Blue
Justin Francis
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so many memories of Blue Ruler but they are all jumbled together. Since I never got into DOD I didnt get to play with him much lately although he would often visit the TFC servers still to visit and play a round or two.

Blue was never the best player but he was always there for a team, changing class to what was needed, trying to help the team achieve its goals.

One of my fondest memories of Blue Ruler was his involvement with all the Kilaak fun and madness that happened at the Ville in the past. He was always willing to help and make sure that we all had fun.

One other fond fond memory of Blue Ruler would be getting PMs or messages asking how much snow we had in Edmonton and mentioning that he had just been outside mowing the lawn. We may both be from Canada but he lived in British Columbia on the west coast and the weather there is usually very mild, so he would really enjoy ribbing me about the cold winters here in Alberta.

Thanks for all the memories Blue.

Shane
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the countless days and nights on TFC and Avantiville. Watching Blue run around as a HWguy dancing around him as a spy tossing comments at one another in type before the voice in HL days. Watching his teamwork, fairness and great attitude in game.

Another fond memory was when Blue would say...

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE"

If he typed or said it I would instantly laugh. I dont know why.. but he knew it made me laugh and he would start laughing too. It was one of those things we had.

I will never forget his voice. The many many conversations we had on DoD about The Ville, the servers and the players. We would talk every time we were playing DoD about something.

I just was checking his stats, the last time Blue Ruler played here was on 5/17 on TV4. And the last map he played was dod_flugplatz. <-- I will always remember that the last time he played was on my server.

He was a great admin that had The Ville in his heart. You can tell he cared so much about this place. The Ville will never be the same.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf

Last edited by SilverOne on Thu May 20, 2004 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

my memory of blue was the Whack blue contest. I remember him running around and away from people trying to whack him. He'd always hide in the most unusual spots. i could never find him. But he was always a great person in game. R.I.P blue

vTEC <R.I.P Blue>
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

My first encounter with Blue, he banned me lol. It was on accident he was trying to ban a guy that was blocking a door but bagged me instead.

Gonna miss playing with him, as stated before, wasn't the best fragger, but was one of the best team players.

See you on the otherside blue.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue and I were brothers in TVB, USV, KILAAKS (obtuse & loosifur), The Federation (bones & 7of9), and as admins. I loved being silly and serious with him. To many memories to count. Just being around him was a good experience.

He was so silly sometimes. He made me laugh always. Even when he made fun of me being a Texan. That hoser said something a few days ago about it and I didn't get a chance to fireback about his extreme hoserdom. Last word freak! Damn I miss him already.

Was just awesome to know him all around.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
KopiKat

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue and I go back to when i first started playing here at the ville, almost two years ago.

WE allways had a great time together, and even though i never liked DoD as much as he did, I still had a great time getting owned by him on Avalanche.

I'll miss you blue.

-KK
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is 4 years of memories playing with Blue so many to choose from. I always enjoyed having fun with speakall with him in the game made everyone on the server laugh a made the servers a funner place to play. another fond memory is that he was always there when you needed him Blue never thought twice about it if you needed help with something you could always depend on him to be there for you. He always had time to talk to you no matter what he was doing that makes him a very good friend well I can't even say friend he was more like family for me and I know he was for others as well.

He took alot of people under his wings and should them the ropes.

I feel honored to have been mowed down by him several times as he walked the streets with his HW. All the times you sniped from a window in DoD.

I will sound off a 21 gun salute in your honor BLUE.

Thank You Blue for all the good times amd memories.

I Love ya Blue and legacy your will live on.

May you R.I.P my friend and fellow brother.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have quite a few memories of him all jumbled up but like vtec one of my fondest memories is oh the whackem night that we had (the first one i actually made) it was some lego land circus map(dont remember the name) and i had to chase him down the entire map b4 he took a corner and turned around and spaded me in the head. and laughed that he made me chase him down just to get OWNED. and then he switched to my team after the reset so i couldnt even get my revenge

god i miss his funny craziness

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember him sniping on merderet on the axis side of the bridge next to one of those boxes. I kept running at him with my knife not caring if anyone shooting me just to get him. Everytime before I sprinted at him I'd say in the chat that I was going to get him. Out of the 6 or 7 times I tried he got me about 5 and I got him 2. It just made me laugh everytime someone would kill him and he'd flash up the sign, do not i repeat do not kill blue.

He also took off my week long ban early because he said I handled it really well.

I will miss him a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kubrick

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue was pwning me this weekend on Flash. And he also got me no scope through the door when I snuck into the allies house.

We'll miss you Blue and all the fun we had whenever you were in game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLue was one of the guys that, when refreshing the servers to see who was on, I would say "cool, Blue is there, lets go on the server"

I played countless sleepless nights on friday with him, he would always made a point to have a good laugh with me, especially when I was drunk playing as Jaddy6pack #Beer

Sometimes, he would kill me 4 times in a row with his damn mg, and then say to me "hi Paddy"...

/me have tears in my eyes right now

my friday nights will never be the same.

I'm stoppoing because I'm at my office at work and crying...

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
osiris

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last great tfc game ill ever play with bloo...

See in the last picture where blue is sayin GG ,

I think if blue could come back to say one thing thats probally what it would be GreatGame guys! , Isnt that all life is really just a game?
so this one is for you bloo! GG
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known Blue since years back, when it was Avantiville 1 & 2

I remember being on fun city, all but a week ago, and Blue joined. I'd not seen Blue in game for months, straight away he saw me and was saying "Hi AE !!!.. not seen you for .... etc". And that was the type man he was, always took time out for others, always friendly, always helpful, always made me laugh. ...

It never crossed my mind, that was going to be the last chat we ever had...

I had as much fun playing against him as having him on my side, he was my brother in TVB and I was proud to call him so...

There are too many things to list that I remember that Blue brought to the ville and real life...

I will miss you bro, GG, R.I.P.

Ap
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Blue Ruler Memorial Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: