FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NS Exploits split from DOD thread

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: NS Exploits split from DOD thread Reply with quote

Im sorry, but for playing ns for a while now, when you find a vent odds are an enemy will be moving through it so whats the hurt in hopping on ones shoulders to go there (sence u could get they by jp ne what i dont see the matter) altho i do know u probably not talking about NS what if u know.

Also is there any way we could get a like 1-2 sec respwn protection on ns combat? i mean spwncamping is a pain specially when u spwn dont know whats what and just get killed just a thought that i hope comes true.

ANYONE WHO HAS TO USE A NADE EXPLOIT IS STUPID AND CANT GET A KILL ANYWAYZ SO DONT DO IT FOOLS

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamepro65 wrote:

Also is there any way we could get a like 1-2 sec respwn protection on ns combat? i mean spwncamping is a pain specially when u spwn dont know whats what and just get killed just a thought that i hope comes true.

I know what you mean and I and Strongbad have already asked for it, It's up to Warhammer to put it in. Spawn Camping is one of my greatest pet peeves on TV2. With a 10-11 person game only one person spawns at a time if your whole team is dead, and you all spawn in the same location so it's very easy to camp. Even 2 people spawning can be killed if 2 or 3 people are spawn camping. I've banned a bunch people for it already.

For those of you who aren't familiar with NS, you spawn around the objective, so some spawn camping will happen, but many people just sit and spawn camp to gain points and levels without even attacking the objective that is right there in their face. They have to be in range to attack and attempt to destroy the objective in order to be able to spawn camp. So if they are in range and not attacking it, they should be kicked and banned.

DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to comment here, even though this topic is about DoD, since the issuse of spawn camping in NS is brought up, I will speak. 99% of what the people from DoD, TFC, CS, ect.... consider spawn camping in NS is NOT spawn camping. The other mods with the Human v Human, with everyone have almost the same weapons have spawns set up for babies. You spawn in, they are set up so the other team usually can not get in, and you do not have to worry. and this works for them bercause the two sides play the same. In NS the teams are dramtically different. Marines have ranged weapons, while aliens are almost excusively melee fighters. This means. the have "hot" spawns. This reason for this being to give the aliens a chance. If the marines are protected from spawn camping, by specail starting rooms or plugins, they will win 9 out of 10 games. This is because marines can stand back and shot an alien, kill it, and then start shooting the hive or another alien without having to move. However, Aliens can not do this. If they are attacking the CC, the must stop and run over to the marines to attack them, then run back to the CC. The marine will be shooting at them the whole time. And anyone who has ever played NS knows that an LMG or SG will rip a skulk apart, while Onos and Fades stand little chance against a HMG. And if the have a GL, they dont even have to aim, just fire blindly and the can kill. This means that aliens have to deal with marines quickly with abush tactics, the can not survive in a stand up fight like so many people from other mods think they can. In order to have an effective win against an even minorly oganized marine team, The aliens must have 1 or 2 people "spawn camp" while the rest take out the CC. With a anti-spawn camping plugin ment to protect people from the other team shooting or throwing guns/nades into the spawn ou will render the aliens usless since they will be effectively denied access to the marine start (unless the marines are stupid and the all leave)

Also, many times a lone alien with any common sense will not attack the CC when they are alone in the marine start. If they do they are giving the marines free EXP points. The marines will get the points from killing the alien, then more points for repairing the CC. I have got a full level as a marine like this before. That could give the marines a better gun, therefore making the aliens worse off.

When it is Spawn Camping - This is when the majority of the team is just standing around killing marines and not attacking the CC. 1/4 of the team is all that is need to cover for the assult, because that is how many spawn in. That means that at either of the two NS servers here there should not be more than 2 people covering the ones attacking the CC.

How to prevent "spawn camping". The best way is this, work as a team. When the entire team rambos, the entire team dies. If you cover each other then it will many times take 2 - 3 aliens per marine to kill the marines. If it is an 8 v 8 game, then aliens will have a very hard time stoping the marines if the move in 2 groups of 4. And if you lose a person or two from your group, hold your position and wait for them to respawn and rejoin you. Don't hump the armory, There is no joy like seeing the entire marine team hump the armory and then watching someone like one of the HALO guys or Speaker xeno and kill them all.

How to fight against spawn campers. Jumping is your friend. This makes you alot harder to hit. There is also a knock back on the alien weapons, so if you are jumping and a skulk bites you (with out focus you can take 2 bites) you have a good chance at being knocked a good distance back, giving you a good chance to kill that skulk. If you have a nade launcher, shot some at your feet when you spawn. YOu then get killed by the alien, who then gets killed by your nades. MOVE! This is the biggest one. Most people stand there and look around when they spawn. You might as well have a kill me sign on you. When you spawn if you just move in a unpridictable way (i.e. dont just run forward or backwards, go diagonal or something) you are going to throw them off and be yourself some time, possibly last long enough for a second person to spawn. There are 16 spawn spots, that means that they can not be watching every one of them, and most marine starts are large. When you are spectating your team, watch the aliens, many times you can see where they are hidding.

Other tips to help you. Get armor upgrades. you become harder to and more difficult to spawn camp. Get scan, this will prevent cloaked skulks for sneaking up on you. Get motion tracking and you will know they are coming in advance and from where.

People complaing about spawn camping in NS do it because they all think they are better than the other team and should not lose, so if the other team wins, the have to blam it on something other than their team being less skilled, so they accuse the other team of hacking or spawn camping. If you do not like things how they are in NS, go back to DoD, TFC or CS, stop tring to turn NS into another cookie cutter game with different models and maps. NS is a unique game style with unique play style. What works in every othe HL mod will not work in NS most of the time, so get over it and quit whining
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JtH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have to agree with black hawk on this one. so called "spawn camping" is one of the things that sets ns apart because it is so vital to alien game play.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only complain about it when my whole team is spwancamping or whatever team is just doing that and not killing hive/cc Now the marine spwancamping is different because if they see the hive they could shoot it but the thing is they are almost always on the alieans because the alieans spwan right under the hive most of the time to if they are knifing the hive they could just pull out out a lmg or something and just blow the aliean away and continue knifing the hive. So the marine spwan camping is rare but really bad lol i have seen it a couple times but the alieans have one advantage they are tough if they onos but fade and lower are weaker in health but the lerk could spwan and fly as fast as possbile away the skulk could run or leap if they have it the fade can blink and the gorge is a sitting duck lol

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not just the fact of that they do spawn camp. Its that when its like 5v5 only 1 person can respwn at a time and with only 5 people its very easy to convince the res of your team just to sit there and shoot. Its not untill u have 6+ so 2 respawn at one time that this should not happen because if you get killed with 2 people its sad, but marines have it easy they can just sit in there little vents and be basically undefeatable unless comming from behind which means running across map to get there. Its just alot harder for aliens i say.

That and the blantent idocy that goes on during games that just make me mad. Its not the noobs tho its the people that spwn camp on purpose.

(sorry if this makes no sence, its been a very long day)

DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had a case of true spawn camping. it was 3 v 3, marines had died. the hade a skulk attacking the CC and one gaurding. THe all stop on for about 3 or 4 mins they just leveled up until I changed teams to alien and killed the CC at the request of the marine team
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I was in a game on another server where I had run off to attack the hive and saw that my team was all killed off but me. Noone was at the hive when I unloaded all my ammo into it and noone came. Still my team was being killed.....

I expected the game to end any second as the skulks would have finished eating the chair, instead I die, and spawn, and manage to kill all of the aliens with my shotgun and go to check the chair to see how much it has.......Full Health, and the armory was too....the aliens had just been sitting there waiting for marines to spawn one at a time and kill them for experiance, not even touching the chair or armory...You tell me that's strategy, and I'll ban you from the server.

Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, sorry, has to be bumped, I know I didn't know most of this, so it helps

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Hawk wrote:
There is no joy like seeing the entire marine team hump the armory and then watching someone like one of the HALO guys or Speaker xeno and kill them all.
and thats not even my good one btw this isnt spawn camping....i got lucky and they were all at the armory...i think i got 6 on this...i didnt snap the pic in time though
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: