FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ok do i have to use steam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CUreact

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Ok do i have to use steam Reply with quote

Because it says my cd key is already in use and i know i bought this damm game ive been playing it for years and its not taking it .I even tryed a key gen and that didnt work .Please if some one can find me the update to update TFC and C/S that would be really helpfull and i can connect the old way THANK YOU .David
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't connect to servers on the Steam network without Steam. So you need to connect through Steam. There are no updates for the old version. Maybe you should email Valve about this or something.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David there is no path to update any HL mod any longer. Steam does all the updating etc automatically.

To delete your clientregistry.blob just enter that into your windows search and delete it that way.

The only reason I can think of for steam not accepting your CD key is that perhaps at sometime you lend your cd to someone and they copied it. But if you had steam before then steam is saying that you have already used the cd key. Make sure that you enter the same e-mail address as you did before.

If you uninstall steam make sure you delete EVERYTHING to do with steam otherwise it normally screws up.

Oh did I say we luv steam #Fist

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fark Steam i did remove it along with everything all regs and reinstalled it dled the client reg and still told me the same bs the key i never gave to anyone i bought the cd years ago i dont even have the original case .Sucks cause TFC is my favorite game bah #Fist
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your cd key is good for only 1 account with steam. Make sure when you reinstall steam that you are opening the account you originally registered with (your email and password info). Once you open an account with steam then your cd key and your email info must match or it won't work. That's what it sounds like to me anyways. You can uninstall and reinstall as often as you need to as long as your cd key and email info match when you enter that info.

There has to be more to this than what you have posted. Without specifics it is hard to determine exactly what the problem might be. All the steam updates are automatic. I can see no reason so far why it wouldn't be updating

God Bless You Blue Ruler
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it isn't a conflict in your own account (meaning you have two established and need to get down to only one), then it might be possible someone using a CD key generating warez program has generated your exact CD key. If so, Valve does have a process for terminating the current authorization for the key and establishing it as yours only. I'm guessing that in that case the lamer using your key would suddenly get the boot and you could re-establish your account on Steam. Check out the steam website for details. The chances seem slim that a generator would have generated your exact key though. It is probably just some conflict in how you set it up. It isn't always easy to tell what is happening when you set up Steam. I would pursue that angle for a quicker fix before getting the CD key terminated by Valve (or whatever their process is). Either way the steam website is a good place to look.

Good luck,

FD
CUreact

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys thanks for you help and all .I have decided to just buy the game again new ,you can get it at walmart here for $ 9.99 so im sick of all the farting around i have to do to get it to work ,but the last time I played the game I didnt have to go through Steam but oh well .Once again thanks for all you help David
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: