FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wow, well watching this makes me feel like a noob.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ten

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Wow, well watching this makes me feel like a noob. Reply with quote

Aha, I found a demo of the 2004 Cal-I (Invitational) finals.

GameWyze ! vs. Shockwave

Now, keep in mind that if these guys are in the Cal-I finals, it's proven that they aren't hacking. The best, most experienced admins out there have spec'd the hell out of these players. They have recoil, they can't see through walls... it's just damn humbling. Everytime one of them died I think "OMG h4x". It's really very impressive.

Download the demo here

Put it in your C:\...dod folder. Rename the demos something easy, like "demo1" and "demo2". Enter DoD, go into console and type "playdemo demo1".
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to register?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I don't need to watch or download anything to make me feel like a noob, I just need to logon a server, and normally I feel like a noob....except on whackem nights, then I stand a chance--doesn't require as much aim

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
clone rizzo

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you have to register probably. ten yard has a good point though that you can learn a lot from watching good player's demos. there are plenty to choose from on the gotfrag website. they're usually pretty fun to watch if you're bored and its almost assured that you'll learn at least one new trick or tactic

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I have to register?

To save the rest of you from registering I will share my account that I just created.
name: shovelme
password: 123456

I haven't seen it yet, i'll edit my post if I feel like I need to add anything.

Quote:
yeah you have to register probably. ten yard has a good point though that you can learn a lot from watching good player's demos. there are plenty to choose from on the gotfrag website. they're usually pretty fun to watch if you're bored and its almost assured that you'll learn at least one new trick or tactic

For age of empires 2 I used to download the best players demos and copy their tactics. It helped my game improve much faster than just playing games and figuring everything out on your own.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't know you had to register first.

Yes, everyone logon with Shovel's name and download this jazz. This one you'll be particularly interested in Shovels. This guy - from what I hear - has the best BAR/MP44 in DoD. Ever. It's like he's on speed considering how quick he is, you can't even tell he has recoil unless he's firing at a distant target. Watch how quickly he gets his crosshairs on his enemy's head. It scares me. http://gotfrag.com/dod/files/GET_DEMO/6919/

Mr. Rizzo's right, I think there are some things a guy can pick up by watching videos like this. From what I've seen today - if you are in view, you've got .05 seconds to make the kill or be killed. Everyone gets killed in the first millisecond they're in sight of an opponent. I really don't know if there's anything a guy can do to get that good other than play, play, play with good competition. All the time. This makes me want to quit life, play DoD 18 hours a day and buy my way into a good clan!
Grunty

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I played against Cyan from GameWyze, and omg he was good. those guys have got to have the reflexes of a NHL goalie, the moment he comes onto your sceen- you get shoot in the face. Being a mere mortal, I had no choice other than to get owned, over and over and over. When I finally killed him with a freak headshot I had to jump up and do a happy dance (after taking a screenshoot). Anyway, the conclusion I came to was, regardless of how much DoD I play, I just physicaly don't have the reaction time to ever be able to play like that.
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten Yard wrote:
Sorry, I didn't know you had to register first.

Yes, everyone logon with Shovel's name and download this jazz. This one you'll be particularly interested in Shovels. This guy - from what I hear - has the best BAR/MP44 in DoD. Ever. It's like he's on speed considering how quick he is, you can't even tell he has recoil unless he's firing at a distant target. Watch how quickly he gets his crosshairs on his enemy's head. It scares me. http://gotfrag.com/dod/files/GET_DEMO/6919/

Mr. Rizzo's right, I think there are some things a guy can pick up by watching videos like this. From what I've seen today - if you are in view, you've got .05 seconds to make the kill or be killed. Everyone gets killed in the first millisecond they're in sight of an opponent. I really don't know if there's anything a guy can do to get that good other than play, play, play with good competition. All the time. This makes me want to quit life, play DoD 18 hours a day and buy my way into a good clan!

Yeah, that was a good exhibition of the BAR. Its tough to imagine how well he'd do in a pub.
fixthegarand

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish that blind joe death guy would make a demo. That guy is scary good. I'm suprised hes not in cal.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixthegarand wrote:
I wish that blind joe death guy would make a demo. That guy is scary good. I'm suprised hes not in cal.

He's good but not godlike good. On my good days I can usually stay pretty close to keeping up with him.

I just wish I had more good days then mediocre ones

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
fixthegarand wrote:

He's good but not godlike good. On my good days I can usually stay pretty close to keeping up with him.

I just wish I had more good days then mediocre ones

The only time I have an even kill to death ratio with him is in the kalt sewers or if I know he is in the allied apartments on avalanche. I know to go the back way in and attempt to shovel him.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: