FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
WTF Im gonna be Rich!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osiris

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: WTF Im gonna be Rich! Reply with quote

THis was orginaly gonna be posted in the usv forum in response to a thread blue made.. but i thought it required its own thread and since its instersting id thought id share with everybody instead of a few....

Blue basically has gone off the deep end since he stopped takin his med's and he posted a thread about how he's pregant... be sure to grat him

nehoo i was watchin this show yesterday on PBS where researchers studing AIDS, found that HIV infected people the same way as the plague
(remeber the medievil ages). Except one is a bateria and the other is a Virus... They both infect the host the same way it enters the blood stream and enters white blood cells where it hitchs a ride to the lympth nod, the center of the immune system then ur basically screwed. Well knowing that they both infect humans the same way, this was of interstet to the scientist.. So they looked back into history and found that a little town called Eurasia in Eupore was hit hard by the plague bout 700 years ago and killed almost everyone in the town, But a few people did not get the plague, despite being constantly exposed to it or that they got it but the sympptoms were not nearly as deadly... Why did they not get it when everyone else was dieing??? well 700 years ago people thought it was magic potions n such like bacon fat and other nasty shit... But scientist today wanted to know why they didint get it.. So they went to Eurasia and study'd the relatives that still lived there and they did a geno test... to see if they had anything differnt then the people who did get the plague... Well the found that in little town Eurasia 14% of the population had a Gentic mutation called CCR5-Delta32, well because 700 years ago when the plague hit anyone without this gentic mutation died, and those left alive were able to breed thus passin on this gentic mutation. That explains why the scientist found such a Hi concentration of the gentic mutation, when they tested people all over the world Eurasia had the highest concertation of the gentic mutation, scientist plotted it out on a map wherever they found the mutation and to thier surprise the only place it showed up in was the places hit by the plague... Europe... and America ( desendents of Euporeans) Asians and Indians and blacks DIDNOT have it!!! What the scientist found was that anyone with this CCR5-Delta32 mutation Were immune to the plague IF they got the mutation from BOTH parents, So if u only got it from one parent you could still get infected but your chances of survile were much higher, Well FAST forward to the 1990's right after the the big GAY 80's when AIDS showed There was this guy with a gay boyfriend who had aids and he watched all his friends Die, Yet he DID not get the HIV despite all his friends gettin it , his boyfriend getting it, he lived the same lifestyle and everything, Well this was always on his mind.. Why didint i get it? why me? well he went to doctors and called all types of AIDS research and eventally came in contact with the scientist who were sutdyin the delta32 mutation and guess what they found! that he had CCR5-Delta32 From both parents! And just what scientist thought was right was true! CCR5-Delta32 a gentic mutation that saved a few from the black pague 700 years ago now holds the key to savin millons today... He had the gentic mutation from both parents and thus the HIV virus could not enter his white blood cells to infect his lymph nod thus making him Immune to HIV!

Well Now back to the reason i posted this! blue said he was havin a baby... well that made me think.. What if you found out you had 1 part of the CCR5-Delta32 mutation and then u purposly seeked out a Mate with the other part the CCR5-DElta32 mutation and you would have kids that were IMMUNE to aids! which you could then sell to loving adopting parents for millons of dollors... This is where it starts to get religous n shit.,, Just wanted to kno what everyone thought about this...
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IrishMan

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes this is pretty interesting! I need to bring this up in my bio class, my teacher would probably love to hear about it! hopefully the world will figure out a way to insert this mutation like gene therapy, and hopefully it would be cheap.

as for the millions of dollars gig...why would someone pay that much to have their kid protected from AIDs//HIV? Why not just be sure your childs mate doesnt have HIV and practice safe sex? just my 2 cents again nice find!
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O's super baby...$2,000,000.00

Trojan condom...$1.25...

O's super baby...limited quantity...9 month lead time

Trojan condom....billions and billions...coin in slot poof condom in hand

That is pretty cool though, and if they can insert it into people! free sex again...with others
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why buy a baby millions of dollars, which may be immune to AIDS but will possibly suffers from heart diseases at 30 instead, or maybe early cancer, etc.

Genetics is complex, you never know what you will get.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just have your child spaid or neutered. Problem solved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two (at least) world experts working on the subject of HIV here (Nuclei and Fireangel), and it took 5 minutes to Fireangel to find that this hypothesis is wrong

I will let him explain further if he wants

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

osiris...that is one long run-on sentence you created.....ESL should be considered......
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, whether its 100% right or not, this kind of science stuff is pretty interesting to me. Like I read, (and I can't be perfectly certain this is correct) that mosquitos can pass on certain illnesses, but not HIV. The reason is that with illnesses like West Nile Virus, the mosquito actually gets infected itself and begins to secrete the virus in its own bloodstream or body fluids which get injected when they bite. But they don't have the T-Cells of the immune system that get infected by HIV, so they can't pass that on. I guess theoretically they could get some blood on their proboscis from one victim and then move right on to another and pass the infection that way. But how often do mosquitos go for two bites on two victims one right after the other. I think they usually hit and run. Satisfied with one bite for a good while.

Interesting thing Osiris, but of course most people having kids want their own genetic kids and not someone elses. But maybe you could make money selling home test kits if the theory turned out to be in any way accurate.

FD

One interesting source of science info is Scientific American's website.
http://www.sciam.com

They have some cool stuff on there, like Ask the Experts. I have learned the answers to some questions I have had a long time on that part of the site. For instance, Why do hangovers occur? And Why do men have nipples? BRN, care to field that one?
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Interesting...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nuclei

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCR5delta32 mutation is not linked to resistance towards Yersinia pestis, the causative agent of the bubonic plague. This theory has been investigated and dismissed. The high level of the mutation in caucasian descent people could however come from the selection of individuals by another deadly pathogen like smallpox but this remains to be confirmed.

Also, CCR5delta32 mutation only protects against certain types of HIV, that is the R5 strains. This is because HIV has two coreceptors on the surface of cells that it can use to infect (apart from the main receptor which is CD4). X4 strains use the CXCR4 coreceptor while R5 strains use CCR5. So a homozygote CCR5delta32 individual cannot be infected by a R5 strain but can still be readily infected by X4 strains. These are generally (it has been shown to happen nonetheless) not transmitted through sexual contacts but mainly infect through injection (drug abuse with contaminated syringe or contaminated blood transfusion).

The bad side of this is that X4 strains are much more virulent and generally lead to death in less than two years...

In other words, let's not rely on genetics to get rid of AIDS but invest on safe sexual pratices, prevention, information and vaccine research... we will then ALL get richer.

Here are some web sites with verified content:

http://www.virology.net/garryfavwebaids.html#HIV
http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/
http://www.aegis.com/
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/dhap.htm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: