FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Class Restriction
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Holiday

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Class Restriction Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just was wondering why the ville doesn't institute class restrictions, ...this might even the playing field on some maps like flash where it's 10 marksman versus 7 MG 42's. I know that everyone like's there favorite guns (myself included) and it's frustrating when you can't get the gun you want. But this might force you to become a good player with all the gun's and add some variety to your game. just a thought. thanks.
Shovel me Silly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have any class restrictions because they don't want people to leave if they can't use a gun they wanted to. On some maps it can be problematic though, like on flash. I love being a rambo on flash with an mg42. It is the best map for it, unless the other team is smart with the nades.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the thing that first attracted me to TheVille is that I could use the sniper rifle without taking that position away from someone who might be better at it, as I had done on some other servers. Now that I've learned to be a decent ;-D sniper this isn't as much of a problem, but I still enjoy the ability to change classes as the situation demands without fear of losing my spot in another class.

I try and encourage my team to mix up classes, and sometimes take the stats hit that comes with leading from the front and going Sgt. Major on Flash, etc. I know when playing with a group of regulars there's usually no problem in the teams balancing themselves, and I've managed to cope with facing Axis teams that insist on having 6 MG-42s. (Putting a bullet through their brain is greatly theraputic.)

In general, I'm opposed to restricting classes on all servers, but think it could be a neat experiment on one of TheVille's servers. I'd be there to try it out, and who knows, I might like it now that I don't suck with every weapon!

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have class restrictions set on TV5. Snipers and MGs are limited to 4 each. It's been that way for some time and the only complaints I get are during Charlie. As we all know that is the map that needs the restrictions the most.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Nanite wrote:
I have class restrictions set on TV5. Snipers and MGs are limited to 4 each. It's been that way for some time and the only complaints I get are during Charlie. As we all know that is the map that needs the restrictions the most.

On a 22 person map 4 people is a TON of MG42s! (Am thinking of Flash or Charlie.) What would the complaints be like if it got turned down to 2? I think that's the only ammount where you'd begin to make a real difference.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what if there are four MG's? It just makes the game a little different each time when you have to use a little more sneaky style of play. A limit of four should make it better, but two might be too much. I'm pretty much against class restrictions.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a restriction of three of everything. Three snipers, three BARs etc. In my opinion, snipers should be curbed by default from game standards, having over 4 snipers per team is just a joke.

But I think even classes have improved over the past while, I remember about four or five months back that any given Avalanche round would be a 6 vs 6 sniper pick-off fest. Boo-urns.
pat sajak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: boo Reply with quote

a server where a Sajak is denied a BAR, is a server that doesn't deserve to live...but mg42 limits are in dire need, it seems everytime i get on avalanche now there is an axis mg ramboing on every stairway in the map, i am not exagerrating, they are literally on every stairway.
=USV-TSGTAJ-USV=

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: No! Reply with quote

I think your crazy. I wouldn't want them telling me which guns I can and can't use. If you don't want to get killed by an mg just join the AXIS next time or you'll probably suffer the same fate it seems your used to. Ha Ha
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::stands up:: I am a sniper and my name is Shockwave.

::looks around:: We sometimes have too many snipers.

::thinks real hard:: I think that we should have a max of 4 or 5 snipers for every map.

::Ducks under the thrown bottles, grabs one takes a swig:: Thank you for your time.

Last edited by shockwave on Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: No! Reply with quote

=B3-SSgt.AJ-USV= wrote:
I think your crazy. I wouldn't want them telling me which guns I can and can't use. If you don't want to get killed by an mg just join the AXIS next time or you'll probably suffer the same fate it seems your used to. Ha Ha

Well we can't all join axis....

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Hrm??! Reply with quote

=B3-SSgt.AJ-USV= wrote:

This guy just literally owns me with his 1337ness.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MG42's are currently the gay gun of the game. They have enough accuracy to own smg's while undeployed, and can shoot through almost every single wall, door, box, etc. in all the maps. Mr. Sajak is quite right in saying that there are mg's at nearly every single stairway, and it becomes quite annoying when I have to kill 3 mg's to advance past a house, and then 3 more plus all the other axis people to advance any farther.

Snipers are also a problem. Too many times have I joined a team or played against one that has had 4+ snipers. This absolutely ruins the game for me.

I'm all for being able to play whatever class you want, but when a gun is h00red that badly, it's just begging to be restricted.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Remmington

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all for class restrictions, especially sniper and mg. People need to learn how to play the game without cheezing it up.
pat sajak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: ssgt. aj Reply with quote

the same fate i am used to...well lets see here, like the fate i suffer on anzio where everytime you play you set up in the spawn house and shoot onto the beach? or how about on donner when you set up an mg facing the door the allies spawn behind? ...i don't mind dying, to someone who I know has enough skill to kill me, an mg limit would just make you have to actually play the game AJ, the only reason you oppose it i am sure, people shouldn't have to join the axis team to not get ramboed 20 times a game, if you had enough talent to play a real class you wouldn't be opposing class restrictions. snipers, i don't even care about, they are just more rifle stock fodder, but the mg is far too ridiculously overpowered to let it stand without a limit, i know everytime i play now theres atleast 3 rambo mg42's either running around small rooms constantly or sitting around corners, i know i was just on kalt, and got ramboed from an mg at the steps outside the axis house when i was at the edge of the bridge, nobody can deny there is something very wrong with that. anyone who has played on theville in the past 3 months and isnt an mg whore themselves has certainly realized it has become an epidemic. even when there aren't rambo's running every which way it seems any map the axis is losing on degrades into about 6 mg42's camping their last flag or 2 to stat whore for 20 minutes until the map ends, with nobody having won. how this is fun for anyone i have no idea, but, i see it happen several times each and every day. i've seen more than a few people leave because of it and i am sure more will continue to leave unless some limit is put on it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: