FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Detpacks@Avanti
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet the entire reason people have to attack from that respawn is the fact that they are being spammed into oblivion and can't get out.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frag who better than the Albino...im motion he do it all we need now is a second on that an the Detpack-King has been voted to do the demo-Howto.
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no Demo expert, but the deal with CP1 is that you are respawning over in the corner... safe from any possible spamming. You have to run around to the gates before you can get killed. As far as detpacks outside the gates before they open, I figure that is "Fragger Beware" since you don't have to go out there right away. You can often kill the demo by luring one of the enemy over it and then run back inside. WHen it goes off the demo gets it through mirror damage. Usually those detpacks don't take long to go off, so it's not a long wait.

I do think its lame to set a detpack where you know people will be actually respawning right on top of it. That's not cool over by the well or on CP3 when the team switch happens. But it can be by accident like Albino Gibbon said.

Congrats on the Uni-bomber award Tommy!

FingerDemon
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Killer one of the recent updates changed the demos counter.
The only setting it will accept are 5,20 and 50 second increments.

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your allowed to spam that respawn area because it would be impossible to change how everyone plays. We would be kicking and warning people constantly and your friendly admins have better things to do.

Also, you can see the spam coming from the respawn area so you can move out of the way easily enough.

JD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like was mentioned, they emit a warning tone that should be heeded. People are also forgetting that if you have a Scout he defuses the Detpack by touching it or running over it.

The only thing that is blatantly illegal is setting a detpack in the first respawn right after your team has capped the church. The only reason for that could be to kill as NME respawns. It isn't really a matter of timing either since, for some reason, you can still set your detpack once the screen has gone black.

The detpack set by cap 3 is usually questionable. Like Gibbon I've set a 20 second detpack there only to have it go off after the church was capped killing respawning NME. I've since then only set 5 second detpacks there which is quick enough that there should be no problems.

The bottom line is intent and result. The intent is to allow people the chance to start moving after respawning. If the intent is to kill people before the start moving it is illegal. If the result is people get fragged as they respawn then maybe you need to refine the process because if it happens again, I'm assuming intent at that time.
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to add this to this thread. If people get killed by a det pack as they run out of respawn to bad. I dont know how many times I told people to back away from the gate cause theres a detpack. 3 seconds later BOOM 4 of my teammates die. If people arnt going to listen and learn and the det pack isnt inside respawn it should be allowed.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really can't recall the last time I was actually killed by a detpack while in that respawn or leaving it. The warning tone is always enough for me. I love blasting that silly engy on the other side while he is building his spawn sg!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-24 01:23, Albino Gibbon wrote:
Ok Tommy. I don't remember Bada teaching me, but I will let him take credit. When you see the counter say "10 seconds before the gate opens" thing, count to five and set a 5 second detpack. Or, you can set a 20 second one right at the 10 second mark. Just bind a key to +det20. I also set them between cap 1 and cap 2 on the ground. That is kind of difficult if they have many HWs and soldiers. I usually set a 20 second one, so I can get out of dodge without killing myself. I also set one at cap 3, when they are going for the church. Set it either right below the cap point or up on the ledge where people build sentries alot. I only set a 5 second one there because, I have set a 20 before and then they cap and my detpack goes off when they are respwaning to play defense. I felt kind of bad, so I don't do a 20 anymore. Those are the 3 places I set them 90% of the time. If I am poisoned and we have no medic I will place one randomly and not respawn back until it goes off. You might kill yourself alot of times through mirror damage though. Be careful. You have now been trained in the art of detpacking.

Albino Gibbon <King of the detpack>

[ This Message was edited by: Albino Gibbon on 2002-01-24 01:46 ]
Oh you don't remember me teaching you how to set delayed detpacks Gibbon ? I remember it was quite awhile so I won't take it personally hehehe

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, if the sole intent of setting a detpack in the first respawn as the teams switch roles, you should be kicked and banned. I'm tired of getting blown up before I can even move... I don't care if it was an "accident". HOW CAN RUNNING DOWN INTO THE ENEMY RESPAWN BE CONSIDERED AN ACCIDENT? That's rediculous. There is no way you could *accidentally* run clear past the enemy offence, jump the railing and haul into the farthest reaches of the enemy spawn, just to set a detpack that you know will take half of their team out...
Minor Threat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you run past the enemy Offensive jump the ledge and place a det in NME's first respawn before the team switch your only gonna kill yourself with mirror dmg. Remeber the teams switch.

It's the morons who when attacking the church run way back to THEIR first respawn and place a det that you hafta watch for
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I was trying to read what I wrote, I didn't have my glasses on when I typed that, and had just woken up. The other way around. You running into the first respawn...Either way, it's lame.
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it IS ok to lay a detpack and to lob pipebombs or the ordinance of your choice into first respawn@avanti?
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By first respawn do you mean the gates? The attacking team doesn't spawn in front of the gates until CP1 is capped. If that is what you mean, yeah. You can lob anything into/over the gates you want.
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that should have specified.Yes i Referring to the spawn at the gates. Ty
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: