FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Streaming Audio Plugin?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osiris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Streaming Audio Plugin? Reply with quote

I was lookin for a way to add streaming audio (simlar to shoutcast) to my tfc server so that when people connect to the server it starts streaming audio to the client (online server radio) , i suppose a plugin would have to be written since the halflife engine dosent recongize websites but im not sure becase in the wonncomm they have IPs so i thought it ask the questin here ...

Is there a way for my tfc server to stream audio to the servers clients with something simlar to http://67.85.148.54:6969/listen.pls ?without having to connect to the site b4 joining???
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would bump this up. There are probably new ways to do this with Steam. And now that I have a server, I thought I would use a plugin like this to stream The Ville Radio. Of course I would need the music to be optional, so people with 56k don't get all screwed up.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris, here is a thought (try it but i dont think itll work lol like many things i think of dont)

I think that steam uses mp3 support, by this u have the client send the command to the console and it will execute that mp3, well if you find a way to send that string and make the client use it then id be somethin like

Ex.

onconnect (who knows how i dont lol mabe u do cuz u run server)
send the string to em playmp3 "ip/*.pls" (or whatever command is)

do i make ne sence? well if i do that should theoritacly play the mp3. But thats me and my goofy thinking

Osiris get on AIM soemtime and mabe i can elaborate more on the topic.

SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea! But not everyone is on Cable. Won't it contribute more lag for those with 56k ?
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will. So if he does do this he should have a choose number to set which stream to go to and have like 1 for dsl/cable users (good quality) then 56k users to a shitty 1, but who knows.

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
That's a good idea! But not everyone is on Cable. Won't it contribute more lag for those with 56k ?

That's what I said, but I deleted the old post. That's the reason I would want it to be optional.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: