FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm Sick Of It
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I am very impartial to either side of the political scene. I am not voting in either direction as of now.

There are two problems with the orange part of your post Powers. If Bush's sole purpose for invading Iraq was to get oil, he would have invaded some place like Venezuala, not the Middle East. Secondly, if what you said was actually believed to be true, the Democrats would be harping on your points until every last Republican converted. But, they're not. Why? If it was true they would have no problem getting Bush out of office. Bush, believe it or not, had higher motives when he invaded Iraq. Saying Bush just wanted oil is like saying Gray Davis had nothing to do with California's financial problems (ba da CHING!).

There are actually other reasons why Iraq was invaded. First off, Saddam violated the U.N. sanctions he had placed upon him. Next, he gave no proof of destorying the WMD's he had. And while there are no direct connections between Saddam and Al Qaeda, several bodies in Iraq have been identified as Al Qaeda ring-leaders. Saddam openly supported terrorism and finicially contributed to the bombings in Israel. Now we also have a foothold in that area in the Middle East. Another country will be free and Saddam can't behead innocent people in the streets anymore.

Republicans (who are generally Christian) believe Bush is an honest, God-fearing man who acts in what he believes is best. None of the Democratic smearing has yet put Bush below any of the primaries.

Democrats attack Bush because:

1.) He rushed past the U.N. to get to war
2.) He hasn't found Osama (now being pinned on the CIA)
3.) He hasn't found any WMD's. (also now being pinned on the CIA)
4.) He sucked up a lot of money for the war
5.) His plan for rebuilding Iraq is shaky at best
6.) The economy isn't exactly great after Clinton managed to pull in a surplus

I suppose that is enough not to re-elect Bush, but the Democrats have not posed a strong candidate yet. They are trying to go so far Left that they are losing the middle American, who will ultimately decide the next president. If the Democrats continue to push someone like Howard Dean, there really isn't a chance for the Democrats to regain presidency. There is still a lot of time left before the election, and we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Last edited by Chen Kenichi on Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shovelnose wrote:
hey ypawom, if you hate him so much, you can leave this country.

No, I wouldn't say that. We need opposition to choose what's best for the nation. Our country was founded so people could have freedom of mind and mold the Government into what is best for the people via representatives. I believe John Locke (a major influence on the constitution) more or less wrote if the people are not happy with the Government, they should overthrow it and set up one that works.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Sick Of It Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
political bullshit.

right theres your problem

im not going to get into political debates about the problems of our government and the reason the military is messed up cuase ive already done that for one day but i will say this bush is an idiot other than that if u want to get into a debate about this post a thread and i might just reply to it

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I should print some of this off and give it to my cousin - hes so anti bush and american if I didnt know him Id say he was a terrorist . ALot of really good points made here as well. I do agree with some. Though Im not sure about the CIA being the best in the world... After all, bond gets all those cool gadgets that blow stuff up and drive under water and and ... Yea Ok then.

<TVB>Potato-VS-
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bunch of locker room rhetoric that you will find before a college football game.I don't like Bush but I am not going to slam him and his decision to go into afghanistan or iraq. Sadly 9-11-2001 was americas wake-up call which prompted many over due changes in this nations security. Imagine 9-11 never happened ? No heightened security at our nations airports, boarders, or Port-of-authority where container ships from all around the world off-load and distribute this nations supply of <you name it>

Imagine it's new years eve and you are anticipating bringing in the new year with a bang with plans on going to watch the ball drop on t.v as you do every year.

The following morning you are awaken like I was on Sept 11, 2001 with: This is a NBC Special Report, talking about the attacks that happened. only it isn't NBC! It is some network affiliate out of North Carolina reporting that a nuclear blast has been detonated in New Yorks harbor and it is estimated that the entire Tri-state area (NY,NJ,Del) has been annihilated and the casulity count is enormous ?

Only if I ? Yeah right, game over !

Imagine this New York City

None of us has the right to say one way or another if President Bush was wrong with committing our troops over there unless we were there. Well, accept maybe one who has not replied. Compared to what could of been I think we got off easy I support Bush's desision !
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
How do you think they got into power. Sure by the vote of the majority but they wouldn't even be on the ballot if it hadn't been for money and powerful people backing them.

Quote:
And if your not happy with your government then why'd you vote em in anyways?

Popular vote didn't vote him in. If you remember Gore won the popular vote, but lost due to the electoral college, And a friendly court system and bother in Florida, that who mess was so crooked I wanted to explode because people couldnt see it. The Electoral College is an antiquated system that was instituted when 15/16th of America was illiterate and uninformed about the candidates due to being out in the middle of the Western Territories trying to tame the land and had no time or interest or knowledge of politics.

Quote:
oh, you forgot to mention that he is the president that has the record for the highest aproval rating ever

And then one of the lowest approval ratings ever too. 44%
And the part about 9-11, It would have never happend if it weren't due to the biggest lapse in security history of all time, Bush ignored the warnings and demands for more funding for the CIA and 9-11 happened as a result.
He didn't do anything to get the high approval rating either, Things happened that gave him his approval rating. Name one super-great thing that he's done to EARN the rating.

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Now that was a long post. One thing that was missed though is Bush is the one that is trying to do away with overtime pay

Of course, he has to help his constituants in big business who want to maximize profits, that allows them to get cheaper labor. And what about how 47% of Americans don't have health coverage, and he's off to spend money in Iraq to give them health coverage.

Quote:
There are two problems with the orange part of your post Powers. If Bush's sole purpose for invading Iraq was to get oil, he would have invaded some place like Venezuala, not the Middle East.

They alreadyt have Venezuala in their grasps that's why there was strife and rioting there about being cheated over gas prices. AND why go after Venezuala when you can go after the Second biggest Oilfield in ALL the WORLD only second to Saudi Arabia (who they couldn't attack). Why not go after Iraq, it was easy, it was already under the rule of a known US unfriendly Dictator so deposing him would not only make foreign realations good but allow us to get ahold of that massive Oil free of control of OPEC. Going after Venezuala would have looked like an act of Imperialism and noone would have gone for it, congress would have not OKed it.

I agree the Democrats and everyone else who opposes it aren't putting up enough of a fight, that and they aren't getting enough media involvement. The Media is an incredible instrument but when people don't hear about things, the Public Consciousness does not recognize things. One of the biggest things currently that the Administration is trying to bury faster and deeper from the Public Consciousness is the CIA Leak that was Politically driven because it ran completely contrary to the idea that Iraq was trying to buy Uranium and that they had WMDs....Bush's own council is in charge of investigating it. That's like having Batman's Secret Identity exposed as Bruce Wayne and then having Catwoman, Joker and The Penguin investigate it when they were the ones who did it all along! They don't want the Public Consciousness to begin to think about it, otherwise It'd explode bigger than Clinton's Fiasco by a factor of 10. He'd be gone and out and charges would be filed, that's treason to expose an intelligence agent.

King George III wrote:
hey ypawom, if you hate him so much, you can leave this country.

If people like me; who opposed the decisions of the authority and challenged it and tried to change it when they are wrong; took your advice and left, you'd have great fun in a Fascist Police State and a ruling party/class would emerge and dominate, Bush's administration has already begun trying to do that with the Patriot Act and such. Is that what you want?

I can voice my opinions about how I hate him and think he's one of the most incompetant human beings in any public arena in the USA, it's called the 1st Amendment, the Freedom of Speech. If you don't like Free Speech and want it gone, why don't YOU leave the country and find some place that restricts it.

Last edited by YourPowersAreWeakOldMan on Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put...

1 - I'd rather have Bush in office rather than Gore. These jihad people want us dead at all costs. They don't respect us as human beings as we respect life.

2 - They don't believe in freedom of choice. It's their way or your die. Does this sound familiar? Think back 60 or so years. You want people like that to be pampered, appeased and ignored? You want a country like that who still has slave camps and rape rooms to get even stronger than it is?

The key is this. Bullies do not respect words. Bullies only respect the fist and domination. If a smaller guy is beat on by a bully. Does the bully repect the notion of "talking things out"? Absolutely not! He doesn't feel that he needs to because he can pummel the little guy until he is out of the way or intimidated like hell.

How many years of "warnings" did Iraq get? Didn't Iraq go under the radar in the media from about 1992-2001? Mostly yes

How many resolutions did they ignore? Many

Didn't Hussein kill and gas his own people after the US left? Yes

Did people join the military knowing there was a risk that war could break out? Yes

Were they drafted and forced in? No

Do these other rogue nations value human life? No

Did we want to have "talks" with these countries after 9-11 hoping they'd coming and negotiate for treaties? No

Do cease fires work in Israel and Palestine? No

The sad bottom line is this. If someone with their word says something. It means nothing if the intent is to kill the other. Guns will always beat words. If someone says "I won't hit you" and does. What would you do? Talk with them again? If someone says "I am going to kill your people" and kills 3,000 in one shot.

What would you do if you were the president after 9-11?

I know me and Powers will have to agree to disagree because we ain't gonna change each other's minds. Cause I know I think I'm right and he thinks the same.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vicoden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....kinda surprised a post about got heros losing their lives turned into a political debate. I guess it wouldn't really matter if soldiers got the publicity and respect they deserve....most you guys wouldn't give a shit anyway. You would just find an excuse to argue with each other over your own political opinion and what should be done even though you only for the most part think you know 100% what is going on. This country is in a downward spiral and your solution is to blame everyone but yourselves. Blame the President, Blame his cabinet, Blame the CIA.....gets alittle old. How about Stand behind your President and this country and show your support instead of babbling your halfass knowledge of politics.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
Wow....kinda surprised a post about got heros losing their lives turned into a political debate. I guess it wouldn't really matter if soldiers got the publicity and respect they deserve....most you guys wouldn't give a shit anyway. You would just find an excuse to argue with each other over your own political opinion and what should be done even though you only for the most part think you know 100% what is going on. This country is in a downward spiral and your solution is to blame everyone but yourselves. Blame the President, Blame his cabinet, Blame the CIA.....gets alittle old. How about Stand behind your President and this country and show your support instead of babbling your halfass knowledge of politics.

Hey supporting the troops doesn't mean you have to support the president, people always think it goes hand in hand.

I support the troops, like I said one of my best friends ever of 14 years is over there right now and he talks about being randomly shot at by little hiding bastards! I want them to finish up their job there and come back all in one piece.

I also think they should have leveled the entire country flat out and killed everything and everyone and don't pay reparations or try to recover it at all. The best way to make sure another Hussein doesn't come up is to kill everyone and ravage the land, then its back to being a desert and noone becomes a dictator worth anything.

FragFailure wrote:
I know me and Powers will have to agree to disagree because we ain't gonna change each other's minds. Cause I know I think I'm right and he thinks the same.

Quite, but you got one thing wrong, You Know you're right and I Know I'm right.
I think we've all become these guys

Neither side is going to make any more headway on this, we're going to have to shake hands and call it a day or get a headache.
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^======== Is why I didn't want to post about this. Instead, I thought, hey, let everyone talk about how they could best remember those that have died. I don't think the guys who died gave two shits about anyone elses opinion of their mission. We all went over there with the knowledge that some of us wouldn't come back. We all went over there with the knowledge that what we were doing was necessary. Did we leave friends? Yes. Does it hurt? Yes. I thank God all my friends made it home, but does that mean everyone I knew was as fortunate? No. I for one would not want to see the names of those whom I knew personally splattered across televisions nationwide, if only for the fact that I know someone will try to put some type of political spin on it. I prefer to raise a glass to them, drink it down, and think that somewhere they're raising one to me. That's what we do as Marines. I can't speak for the other services, but we in the Marines always take time to remember the fallen. I am ok with numbers, but I think posting names and faces would be disrespectful of the family and the deceased.

nuff said.
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn`t bush want to change regulation on some of the endangered species so some of his rich texas buddies can go hunting some of the protected animals, what was it the spokesman said that the money used to kill these animals would go towards saving them. go figure i can`t wait to get my whaling liscence i will get my humpback tag first there the rarist i think.

but seriously though it sucks that these men and woman are dying over there and for what it looked good in the beginning but now it just sucks but and being i have been in the army for 7 years as a soldier u don`t care for the politics the only thing that matters is that guy who is next to you in your trench ie fire team buddy then your section buddies.etc and all that matters is whatever happens you make it to the next day and so on till the day you all get to come home.

i`ll lift one with azreal for all the fallen comrades who have died doing what they wanted to do in the asshole of the world. #Beer #Beer #Beer

RIP- BlueRuler
Vicoden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

----------^^^^^---------- Azrael sorry for giving a shit, guess we should tell those Vietnam vets to shut the hell up about how they came home to a country that ignored them (sarcasm). My intent is not to "splatter" them all over the national news, but at least say more than " 2 soldiers died today....A new investigation shows Bush exaggerated the threat of WMD blah blah blah. I don't think the families would feel disrespect at all, the few local stories that have been on the news, the family was more than happy to go on T.V. and show how proud they were that their son/daughter was able to serve their country. And even after their son/daughter made the ultimate sacrifice they still stood behind their country.

YPAWOM I am not telling you to agree with Bush and if you don't it means you don't love this country. Let me make it a little more clear, This thread was not intended as a soapbox for your political opinon, you just decided to make it that way.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:

Popular vote didn't vote him in. If you remember Gore won the popular vote, but lost due to the electoral college, And a friendly court system and bother in Florida, that who mess was so crooked I wanted to explode because people couldnt see it.

What!?! Republican scandal? I believe the Democrats were trying to rewrite law DURING the election, and the court stepped in and said no. Democrats cry foul whenever they lose. For instance, the whining about DISENFRACHISEMENT during California recall. I will agree, Gore did get more votes total by the people, but electoral votes are what count.

I really wouldn't mind seeing the Electoral College being dismissed either. Popular vote should be all that matters.

Quote:
I agree the Democrats and everyone else who opposes it aren't putting up enough of a fight, that and they aren't getting enough media involvement. The Media is an incredible instrument but when people don't hear about things, the Public Consciousness does not recognize things. [/color]

The problem is that they just like to smear Bush and take potshots instead of actually taking a stand on issues and putting forth a plan of action. When you vote for Bush you know what you're voting for.

Quote:
If people like me; who opposed the decisions of the authority and challenged it and tried to change it when they are wrong; took your advice and left, you'd have great fun in a Fascist Police State and a ruling party/class would emerge and dominate, Bush's administration has already begun trying to do that with the Patriot Act and such. Is that what you want?

I can voice my opinions about how I hate him and think he's one of the most incompetant human beings in any public arena in the USA, it's called the 1st Amendment, the Freedom of Speech. If you don't like Free Speech and want it gone, why don't YOU leave the country and find some place that restricts it.

werd

Why are people here so sensative to debate? Jeez, just because people post some different opinions people cry about fighting. I've never come out of a debate feeling sorry for myself. And I'm not sure what blaming myself would accomplish. We don't live in Utopia, and the best way to choose rightly is by listening to and hopefully acknowleding other viewpoints. And I think everyone is arguing in the best interests of the country. If no one cared the country would suck ;p

As for the original post, there isn't much more to add. Yes, it would be nice if the media would honor the soldiers a little bit more, but if someone didn't care in the first place, a picture wouldn't mean anything more (and vice versa). Actually, it is mandatory to honor a moment of silence for the soldiers in schools now (or at least in Texas).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Bush go!
I h8 liberals

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
----------^^^^^---------- Azrael sorry for giving a shit, guess we should tell those Vietnam vets to shut the hell up about how they came home to a country that ignored them (sarcasm). My intent is not to "splatter" them all over the national news, but at least say more than " 2 soldiers died today....A new investigation shows Bush exaggerated the threat of WMD blah blah blah. I don't think the families would feel disrespect at all, the few local stories that have been on the news, the family was more than happy to go on T.V. and show how proud they were that their son/daughter was able to serve their country. And even after their son/daughter made the ultimate sacrifice they still stood behind their country.

You misunderstand. I'm saying that they probably didn't give a shit whether anyone else thought their mission was justified or not. I know I don't care whether or not anyone else thinks what I did over there was the "right" thing to do. I know what I did was right. I honestly don't see how you got the idea that I think no one should give a shit about the vets. Maybe if you had taken more than two seconds to read my post, you would've seen that I was simply responding to the original topic of the post, which was how I thought it best to honor those that died. I actually agreed with you when you were complaining of political spin, which was my reason for not wanting people's names and faces put on TV.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: