FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
tip for being a better sniper

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's as easy as this: hide your dot. i can't tell you how many people i've seen just let it wander all over the map. i've made so many kills just by figuring out the angle that the dot is coming from and waiting for the snipe to appear behind it. the whole point of being a snipe is to be covert. don't keep the dot visible, bc the other team is just going to be cautious (which is the opposite of what you want.) So anyway, the point is, if there's a ledge, hide your beam on it, if there's a arch, hide your beam on it. if there's a pack, hide your beam on it!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Turbo!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, dont stay out in the open. ull get ur @ss blown away like that. hey man, thats my quote, i stole it first. lol

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
{db} Finger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i'm not the best sniper, but I'v sluged a few hard targets in my days on Ville. And the most important things I have to offer on being a better sniper is:

keep moving.

Not only deos this mean while lining up your shot, but in total position. Lemme explain, you kill 2 people from church tower in avanti, great, nice....you stay for a third and wack....shoulda moved. Take no more than 3-4 shots in one spot...after that, some soldier with a remote has you targeted and a sniper is just waiting for you to round the corner.

There are a few spots where you can just sit and take shots, but good players avoid them and its still hard to avoid being targeted. With every map I have about 5-6 spots I like to hang around and I kind of rotate them,..it throws off the enemy. (nothing like watching a soldier run up to your previous spot thinking he'll suprise you...but in actuality you moved and kill him again. its comedy)
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip #1. Be aware of your other snipers and dont walk in front of them. This annoys me more than anything else.

Tip #2. This applys to 2fort. Instead of coming around up top and following your dot in the middle, bring it up on the floor and when close to having view of the enemy raise quickly. What this does is not give them that nice little red lit spot to show where your at. I see so many snipers do that and your going to be no suprise. Plus you red dot isnt on the wall as you come around either giving your position.

Tip #3. Neo.tf drop you anti missile where your at or if the soldiers are remote rocketing you mg's sg's etc drop it to defend. You defense is more important than just you sometimes. Avanti this works real well on cap3.

Tip #4. Target the most important, to me that is the heavy classes like hw and soldier and of course sg's and mg's since your long range is an asset. Since you lighter classes can usually take down the others easier. Even if you just knock them down in health and armor you did your team a service and they wont last long or they will wuss our and run back for resupply.

just a few.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown, that brings up a good point. If you're a sniper and don't want people running in front of you.. LEAVE room for them to walk behind you! I have seen too many Avanti snipers on offense sit against the back wall behind the balcony and whine when people walk in front of them.

Blown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt talking about the teammates, but other snipers in general. I understand the other players needing to run in front of me and that doesnt bother me at all unless they just stand there enjoying the view..lol

I guess I should of been more specific as to the player I was meaning.

[ This Message was edited by: blown65 on 2002-01-15 16:13 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[BR]maximus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as hiding the dot goes...... very rarely do i hide my dot....you'd be surprised how many people run right into it....lol.......but you are right...i do notice most people will take another route. best tip is to keep strafing....if you stand still there's always another sniper ready to plug you.....
Shootakill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This applys to most maps:
Shoot, move behind cover. I have seen so many people just shoot, and "reload" without moving. Get behind cover and bring the dot up to full intensity- only a fully charged sniper rifle can kill a HWguy with a head shot.
Of course on the tower of avanti, there isn't very many places to go. Shoot, if you miss the other sniper go down and move somewhere else for a little bit. The little cover given in the tower is rarely enough, you can take a bullet in the elbow, I've shot there before.
hmmm... oh yea
In 2fort, don't always shoot from the top. You can also snipe from the bottom openings. If your team is letting a lot of people through or just plain sucks, don't, you're an easy frag.
First person to snipe is the enemy sniper unless there is a guy with the flag. If you can kill him, you will have a small period of immunity where all you have to look out for is right next to you (usually just spies, rokets are easily avoided). In this period you can be of more help to your team.
more later. mmm ribs
F^B^I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am great
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: